• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Don’t worry - Nobody is going to Pan you, regardless of how you break the tie.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I would love to join in the casual playthrough and I would have, had any other game been chosen for the regular AGCP. However, Discworld will be very time consuming for me and I won’t be able to participate until the regular community playthrough is over…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Here’s another voice that doesn’t want to see UruBoo’s vote nullified. I agree with millenia that a vote is a vote.
Maybe UruBoo missed the previous voting window?

Also, as an aside, Tim, if you already know which game you are going to vote for, then aren’t you in a way nullifying your own vote in the event that it would cause a tie?
Seems a bit unfair considering the work you’re putting into this.

And like I mentioned earlier, if only the people that already voted in the first round get to vote in the second round, then you really only need the people that voted for both Enigmatis and Phantasmat to work it out…

Btw, no matter what, you can’t really take any heat. Wink
If the results don’t change, and you vote Enigmatis, then 3 out of the 4 that voted for both games have now voted for Enigmatis, which makes it a clear winner. And if you vote Phantasmat instead, then it’s actually UruBoo who broke the deadlock, making that game the winner… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Well, no sense in prolonging the agony. I’m sure it’s close to midnight for some of our players.

Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (Becky, Chrissie, furgotten, Millenia)
Phantasmat (Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, UruBoo, Iznogood, Tim)

Phantasmat gets the nod. Enigmatis is a great game. In fact I just reloaded it in case it won. But, I nominated Phantasmat, and I know at least two players who voted for it based on my recommendation. Given that, how could I not vote for it?

Becky will be leading this playthrough. So I will leave it up to her to set up the schedule.

Let’s have a good time.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Sefir - 15 October 2014 06:45 AM

I would love to join in the casual playthrough and I would have, had any other game been chosen for the regular AGCP. However, Discworld will be very time consuming for me and I won’t be able to participate until the regular community playthrough is over…

I just read your Discworld introduction. Four months to complere a playthrough, (four chapters x 30+ days each,) is quite a time commitment. We’ll probably knock off five or six casual playthroughs before you’re available to play one. See you next year! Smile

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Phantasmat it is! That was exciting.  Laughing

Since I’ve volunteered to lead this one and no one else has stepped forward…

I’m going to take a few days to get set up for leading the Phantasmat Casual Playthrough. I’ll post again after I’m set up to give the dates for completing each part of the playthrough and to provide a link to the new thread for the Playthrough itself.

Meanwhile, for those who wish to participate, this is a good time to purchase the game. I played the Standard Edition years ago (I haven’t played the Collector’s Edition yet). Perhaps someone who has played the CE can describe the bonus features.

The SE version of Phantasmat is available on Amazon (US), Big Fish Games, and from the developer’s website (Codeminion).

The CE version of Phantasmat is available on Big Fish Games and from the developer’s website (Codeminion).

Again, a reminder when buying from Big Fish—if you don’t wish to become a Game Club Member, at time of purchase there should be a way to register that preference (I’ve been a member there so long I’ve forgotten how not to be a member there).  Crazy

Have I left anything out?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I forgot to buy Phantasmat when the sale was on, but I’ll probably pick it up anyway, by joining the club if nothing else. If the CE version has some impressive stuff in it, I’d like to hear it too.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

There is a sale today at Big Fish—great opportunity to pick up both games. Phantasmat is a superlative game and I am looking forward to replaying it, although it can’t be denied that there are a LOT of hidden object scenes in it. Fortunately there is also a match-3 option.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Bought the standard version. I was hesitating for a while since it said that CE has an epilogue that lasts over an hour but decided that I’ll probably just watch a vid and save some money.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Got the standard version as well. The difference between 2.99 and 13.99 was a bit too steep…
Does anyone have the CE to inform us about the differences?

Hopefully they’re less than they were with Angelica Weaver as I regretted not getting the CE there… Tongue

Edit: ready to go, btw. Game’s installed, and I confirmed it works. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

furgotten - 15 October 2014 01:21 PM

There is a sale today at Big Fish—great opportunity to pick up both games. Phantasmat is a superlative game and I am looking forward to replaying it, although it can’t be denied that there are a LOT of hidden object scenes in it. Fortunately there is also a match-3 option.

That’s true, and was a cause for concern when I nominated it. However, as you and Becky said, there are alternatives to the hidden object scenes. I don’t think Enigmatis is any slouch when it comes to hidden object scenes. But it, too, has an alternative. The fact that Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenswood was a sequel and the ending hinted that another edition of the story was in the wings bothered me a bit.

I think players will enjoy the graphic style of Phantasmat. To say it’s unusual is an understatement.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

One last thing I should mention about the Casual Community Playthrough ... If you’re a lurker, and think participating in what we’re about to do sounds like fun, join the playthrough! You don’t need to have nominated a game, or voted for a game in order to join the fun.

If you’ve never played a casual game before, this is the perfect way to get your feet wet.

If you feel like participating in a playthrough, as do many of my Syberia Playthrough compatriots, but don’t feel the need to devote the next four months of your life to Discworld, this is a perfect way to feed the addiction.  Cool

Anyway, it’s an open invitation to join us.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Sefir - 15 October 2014 06:45 AM

We’re looking forward to having you join us for a future Casual Playthrough after the Discworld playthrough finishes up.

Any advice for a novice playthrough leader?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Seems like I missed the sale and had to pay the full 12.50$ (incl. vat) for the standard edition Meh But it is installed and ready to go now.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Becky - 15 October 2014 06:52 PM

Any advice for a novice playthrough leader?

The more you like the game, the better you’ll be on leading it! It’s as simple as that. Smile
Have fun everyone!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top