• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieshanethewolfzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Time Dreamer is one of my favorites. Add me to the list, please.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Becky - 07 October 2014 06:13 PM

Time Dreamer is one of my favorites. Add me to the list, please.

Done! And my last update for the night.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Final votes that I am going to post as of October 7, because there are some TV shows I want to watch!

5 votes Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (Chrissie, Becky, Tim, furgotten, Lady Kestrel) 
4 votes E.P.I.C: Wishmaster(Timovieman, Becky, Tim, furgotten)
4 votes Phantasmat (TimovieMan, Becky, Tim, Lady Kestrel)
3 votes 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, Tim, furgotten)
3 votes Time Dreamer (TimovieMan, Tim, Becky)
2 votes F.A.C.E.S. (Lady Kestrel, Tim)
2 votes Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky, furgotten)
1 vote Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Becky)
1 vote Urban Legends: The Maze (Tim)
1 vote Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Tim)
1 vote Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival(TimovieMan)

I’m not going to count the single votes out of the running yet. We’ve not heard from Karlok, Izzy or Crabapple yet. But there do appear to be some front-runners. If you run across some of the missing players on other threads be sure to tell them what’s going on.

We seem to be getting many more views than posts. So if any of you lurkers want to jump in and give a casual game playthrough a try, go for it. Good friends, good company, good discussions and nobody dies. Best of all possible worlds.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 07 October 2014 08:35 PM

We’ve not heard from Karlok, Izzy or Crabapple yet. But there do appear to be some front-runners. If you run across some of the missing players on other threads be sure to tell them what’s going on.

No need, I’m right here Smile
I am just having some trouble deciding on which games to vote on, as I don’t really know any of them.

Something Dark and Sinister however sounds just like what I’m in mood for, so let me vote for the 4 dark games that Tim proposed: F.A.C.E.S., Phantasmat, Time Dreamer and Urban Legends: The Maze - But I expect to join whatever gets selected.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 07 October 2014 09:22 PM

But I expect to join whatever gets selected.

That’s the spirit! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

rtrooney - 07 October 2014 08:35 PM

We’ve not heard from Karlok, Izzy or Crabapple yet.

I’m surprised to see my name here. I said some things about liking Ravenhearst etcetera, but I’m not joining a casual CP.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m thinking I might finally join the BF club for these playthroughs. I took a peek at the game descriptions and to make things harder I think I’m going to tie up the voting score a bit. Not voting for Enigmatis as it seems to be a sequel and I’d rather play the first game Wink.

So I’m voting for:
E.P.I.C: Wishmaster
Time Dreamer
F.A.C.E.S.
Nightmare Adventures: The Witch’s Prison
Urban Legens: The Maze

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote total as of October 8

5 votes Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (Chrissie, Becky, Tim, furgotten, Lady Kestrel) 
5 votes E.P.I.C: Wishmaster(Timovieman, Becky, Tim, furgotten, Millenia)
5 votes Phantasmat (TimovieMan, Becky, Tim, Lady Kestrel, Iznogood)
5 votes Time Dreamer (TimovieMan, Tim, Becky, Millenia, Iznogood)
4 votes F.A.C.E.S. (Lady Kestrel, Tim, Millenia, Iznogood)
3 votes Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky, furgotten, Millenia)
3 votes Urban Legends: The Maze (Tim, Millenia, Iznogood)

Voting is tight. Would seem that any game with 3+ votes stands a chance, but more participants/votes are needed. Do we dare phish the Time for a New Community Playthrough thread for players???

Still looking for leaders. No game will go un-played for lack of a leader. But would be nice to see someone other than Becky and myself volunteer. (Which really means Becky, because I did the first one, and we agreed to trade off as need be.) Cool

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m the playthrough leader backstop. Or something like that. Anyway, I’m here if you need me.  Gasp

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Thanks, Becky ... because you know you are it! Smile I will, of course be there to help as needed.

Anyway, I did post a phishing expedition for this playthrough at TFaNCP. No responses yet.

So, the voting results as of October 9 are unchanged.

5 votes E.P.I.C: Wishmaster(Timovieman, Becky, Tim, furgotten, Millenia)
5 votes Phantasmat (TimovieMan, Becky, Tim, Lady Kestrel, Iznogood)
5 votes Time Dreamer (TimovieMan, Tim, Becky, Millenia, Iznogood)
4 votes F.A.C.E.S. (Lady Kestrel, Tim, Millenia, Iznogood)
3 votes Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky, furgotten, Millenia)
3 votes Urban Legends: The Maze (Tim, Millenia, Iznogood)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

If there are no new votes, revote for the top4? Perhaps with the 3 vote system (you can give all 3 to one game, or 2 to one and 1 to another) or something like that. Doesn’t have to be that complicated though, I just personally like it.

Actually, you might be able to disregard this since I think I was also supposed to vote for Phantasmat, making it the leader for now.

Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I will be more than happy to add your vote to Phantasmat tomorrow. But there are other logistical reasons why the voting is going to end on October 18.

I’m still hoping we will get more participants and voters. I’ve done my plea to the CPT thread. If you want to add your phish to the thread, please do so.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Ah yeah, didn’t catch the date, if the voting’s gonna be open till 18th, it’s fine Smile
And you can add the vote to Phantasmat.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

millenia - 10 October 2014 01:39 PM

Ah yeah, didn’t catch the date, if the voting’s gonna be open till 18th, it’s fine Smile
And you can add the vote to Phantasmat.

The date has more to do with when the playthrough can start. I can close the vote on the 15th if there is no new activity. But the playthrough leader is not available to start the playthrough until the 19th.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

And haha, what do you know, I actually got a copy of Enigmatis for free, so I’m voting for it too now.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top