• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] The Casual Playthrough Voting Thread

Total Posts: 5046

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote count as of October 11 (No Change)

6 votes Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (Chrissie, Becky, Tim, furgotten, Lady Kestrel, Millenia) 
6 votes Phantasmat (TimovieMan, Becky, Tim, Lady Kestrel, Iznogood, Millenia)
5 votes E.P.I.C: Wishmaster(Timovieman, Becky, Tim, furgotten, Millenia)
5 votes Time Dreamer (TimovieMan, Tim, Becky, Millenia, Iznogood)
4 votes F.A.C.E.S. (Lady Kestrel, Tim, Millenia, Iznogood)
3 votes 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, Tim, furgotten)
3 votes Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky, furgotten, Millenia)
3 votes Urban Legends: The Maze (Tim, Millenia, Iznogood)
1 vote Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Becky)
1 vote Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Tim)
1 vote Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival(TimovieMan)

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vote count as of October 12 (No Change)

6 votes Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (Chrissie, Becky, Tim, furgotten, Lady Kestrel, Millenia) 
6 votes Phantasmat (TimovieMan, Becky, Tim, Lady Kestrel, Iznogood, Millenia)
5 votes E.P.I.C: Wishmaster(Timovieman, Becky, Tim, furgotten, Millenia)
5 votes Time Dreamer (TimovieMan, Tim, Becky, Millenia, Iznogood)
4 votes F.A.C.E.S. (Lady Kestrel, Tim, Millenia, Iznogood)
3 votes 9: The Dark Side (TimovieMan, Tim, furgotten)
3 votes Nightmare Adventures - Witches Prison (Becky, furgotten, Millenia)
3 votes Urban Legends: The Maze (Tim, Millenia, Iznogood)
1 vote Age of Enigma: The Secret of the Sixth Ghost (Becky)
1 vote Myths of the World - Of Fiends and Fairies (Tim)
1 vote Mystery Case Files: Fate’s Carnival(TimovieMan)

I think it is fair to say that the voting has come to a standstill. The vote hasn’t changed in three or four days.

We have a tie with two games receiving six votes each, Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood and Phantasmat.

So, all votes are wiped clean. Everybody that voted in the playthrough has one vote. You have until Midnight, October 15 to cast your vote for one of the two games. The playthrough will start soon after October 18. That should give everybody ample time to buy the game if you don’t have it already.

Regarding the two games, we will be playing the SE version. I have not played the CE version of either game so I don’t know if the bonus material is worthwhile. It certainly seemed to be in Angelica Weaver. Hopefully somebody who has played the bonus material can comment on its value. I can almost guarantee that a playthrough of the bonus material is available on YouTube.

Looking forward to having a great time.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ll vote for Phantasmat.  I did play the CE version, and I remember liking it.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just like in the previous round, my vote goes to Phantasmat.

It’s probably going to be decided by those who voted for both games (Tim, Becky, Lady Kestrel and Millenia), as I don’t think the other voters will sway.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I vote for Enigmatis.

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’m going to stick with my vote for Enigmatis.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Please put my vote on Enigmatis.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (Becky, Chrissie, furgotten)
Phantasmat (Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan)

Enigmatis is up three votes to two over Phantasmat.

Eight people voted for games prior to the runoff. Me, Becky, Chrissie, Iznogood,
furgotten, Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan and Millenia. It sure seemed like there were
more. That certainly leaves open the possibility of another tie. So I will not be
voting unless my vote is needed to break a tie.

Iz and Millenia….your votes are needed!

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

rtrooney - 13 October 2014 06:24 PM

Iz and Millenia….your votes are needed!

Yeah I know, I have actually been giving this a lot of thought, looking for more information and any compelling reasons to play one instead of the other, without much success, even considerer just letting the rest of you decide.

But.. I will repeat my voted for Phantasmat.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I vote for Phantasmat.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I think I’m going to vote for Enigmatis solely because that is now the only game I currently have. Will give me more time to acquire the other candidates. Though I might grab Phantasmat today from Columbus Day sale just in case.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Enigmatis: Mists of Ravenwood (Becky, Chrissie, furgotten, Millenia)
Phantasmat (Lady Kestrel, TimovieMan, UruBoo, Iznogood)

Hmmmm. We appear to have a tie.

Except the “rules” stated

So, all votes are wiped clean. Everybody that voted in the playthrough has one vote. You have until Midnight, October 15 to cast your vote for one of the two games

One of the votes that resulted in the tie came from a player that didn’t vote earlier. Without another non-voter, e.g. Crabapple, coming in to break the tie we have two choices.

1) Allow UruBoo’s vote to stand, and I break the tie. (I already know how I will vote.)

or

2) Nullify UruBoo’s vote. (Which I really don’t want to do, because UruBoo has been a good supporter of this thread and was an active participant in the last playthough.)

I really don’t want to cast the deciding vote, but I will if I have to. Your thoughts? Let the tie vote stand and let Tim take the heat tomorrow. Or not?

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I don’t want to nullify Uroboo’s vote either, a sad fate for a fellow playthrough participant. I think you should take the heat, Tim. It seems fitting anyway as you have put so much energy into the playthrough idea.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

furgotten - 14 October 2014 08:06 PM

I don’t want to nullify Uroboo’s vote either, a sad fate for a fellow playthrough participant. I think you should take the heat, Tim. It seems fitting anyway as you have put so much energy into the playthrough idea.

One vote for Tim takes the heat.

For the record, the playthrough idea was not mine. It was Becky’s. I just helped organize what was her great idea. I also got a huge amount of help from some others that were mentioned in prior messages.

If I get to take the heat, it’s only because I a) volunteered to do it, and b) I was standing on the lowest rung on the ladder of decision makers. You know what happens to those people if they make a bad decision.  Pan

OK! We’ll see what, if anything, happens tomorrow.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Whatever you decide, I think the vote at least shouldn’t be nullified. A vote is a vote.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top