• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Hehe, that’s nice to hear. Guess it’s one of those things that you think the grass is greener elsewhere Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

London is a great city.  I have a trip planned there in January.  Our local community college has a Theatre in London seminar every year during semester break.  Students can take it for 3 credits, but many of us go back every year because it’s such a good deal.  We get to see 13 plays in 11 days, including 2 in Stratford, and we get a tour of the Globe, a backstage tour at the Royal National Theatre, and classes with actors and backstage personel.  We also have lots of free time to visit the museums and shops or attend a concert or another play.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 18 December 2015 11:34 AM

Hehe, that’s nice to hear. Guess it’s one of those things that you think the grass is greener elsewhere Smile

Where would you want to be, or love to visit?
And why?
What that country offers , your doesn’t?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

To be honest, despite its flaws, I don’t think I could adjust to another country’s lifestyle. I just wish things weren’t so tough for the average person here to get by in life. I mean, housing, salaries etc are becoming a bit unwieldy here to the point that many give up trying to find their own home and resort to living with parents or wasting money by renting. Above me, people have mentioned London, but do people know the average house price in London is now half a million pounds? I’d never want to live there anyway (too busy for me), but that’s just ridiculous for anyone starting out.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 18 December 2015 04:45 PM

To be honest, despite its flaws, I don’t think I could adjust to another country’s lifestyle. I just wish things weren’t so tough for the average person here to get by in life. I mean, housing, salaries etc are becoming a bit unwieldy here to the point that many give up trying to find their own home and resort to living with parents or wasting money by renting. Above me, people have mentioned London, but do people know the average house price in London is now half a million pounds? I’d never want to live there anyway (too busy for me), but that’s just ridiculous for anyone starting out.

My friend told me how he came to eating eggs after wasting on steep restaurants.

Is it worse than Vancouver or Toronto?
I keep reading rich chinese people buying properties in these 2 cities as investment,spiking property rates for average citizen there too.
So i take it its similar immigrant situation, where outsiders with more money and skill generally make things tough.

Which city you are in?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I live in the Midlands area. The reasons why are complex, but it comes down to the awful government in the end. We simply don’t build enough houses for future generations and migrants. As for the cost of living, the positives we create just don’t come down to the average person.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I just wish things weren’t so tough for the average person here to get by in life. I mean, housing, salaries etc are becoming a bit unwieldy here to the point that many give up trying to find their own home and resort to living with parents or wasting money by renting. Above me, people have mentioned London, but do people know the average house price in London is now half a million pounds? I’d never want to live there anyway (too busy for me), but that’s just ridiculous for anyone starting out.

It’s usually expensive like this in all the desired cities of the world. In San Francisco and its suburbs where I live, the average house price is about 1.3 million dollars these days. Yes we have the Silicon Valley, so there are a bunch of filthy rich millionaires and billionaires, but the majority of the people just can’t afford these prices so they have to rent. The average rent price for a one bedroom apartment is somewhere above $2000.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 18 December 2015 06:06 PM

My friend told me how he came to eating eggs after wasting on steep restaurants.

Is it worse than Vancouver or Toronto?
I keep reading rich chinese people buying properties in these 2 cities as investment,spiking property rates for average citizen there too.
So i take it its similar immigrant situation, where outsiders with more money and skill generally make things tough.

Which city you are in?

Don’t forget Seattle and the San Francisco bay area.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

*sigh*

Had a really stressful day at work only made worse by managers. Despite completing my work and helping others do there’s, the manager decides I don’t do enough and gives me the “school teacher” treatment. On top of that, despite asking since November for boxing day off, I somehow get told “I’m trying, but we don’t have enough people in as it is”. Now, seems fair enough, right? Here’s the problem. Just yesterday he gave someone else that day off after only asking once. On top of that, we literally have nothing to do on said day. People only have to work that day so someone’s in (we literally need a handful of people).

So, I’ve done more then my own work, helped others, been treated like crap and lied too. Do you know what the sad thing is? I just don’t care anymore. I’ve had to put up with so much of this kind of nonsense I’m just done caring. Been trying to find another job, but it’s proving to be really difficult. This is what’s really annoying me. Seems everyone else can find something but me Frown

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 19 December 2015 02:38 PM

*sigh*

Had a really stressful day at work only made worse by managers. Despite completing my work and helping others do there’s, the manager decides I don’t do enough and gives me the “school teacher” treatment. On top of that, despite asking since November for boxing day off, I somehow get told “I’m trying, but we don’t have enough people in as it is”. Now, seems fair enough, right? Here’s the problem. Just yesterday he gave someone else that day off after only asking once. On top of that, we literally have nothing to do on said day. People only have to work that day so someone’s in (we literally need a handful of people).

So, I’ve done more then my own work, helped others, been treated like crap and lied too. Do you know what the sad thing is? I just don’t care anymore. I’ve had to put up with so much of this kind of nonsense I’m just done caring. Been trying to find another job, but it’s proving to be really difficult. This is what’s really annoying me. Seems everyone else can find something but me Frown

Distract yourself with other amusements,  is Midland area as beautiful as in Everbody’s gone to thd Rapture?
So soothing. Wink
SanFran,LA too are great in different ways, but cities like Toronto can be lonely and cold too.
So atleast you have calm peaceful life, with great weather.

How is tax situation, one of the biggest load on life?
Toronto has too much, your whole life expenses revolve around managing basic needs.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Not really. It has some nice places, but a lot of it is a concrete jungle Smile

Yeah, I’m hoping something finally tuens up for work after xmas now. People seem to hire more around that time.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

This made me smile! Smile

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Intense Degree - 21 December 2015 07:10 AM

This made me smile! Smile

That is pretty funny, if not sad and true. I am sticking with Windows 7 although Microsoft keeps reminding me about what I should do (upgrading to windows 10), and now they are reverting to spyware like tactics (Check out this link for details: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/windows-7-to-10-gwx-how-to-remove.html) to make people upgrade

and another shady tactic:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/09/12/microsoft-confirms-windows-10-now-forced-onto-windows-7-and-windows-8/.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

I upgraded to Windows 10 and for me it works fine. I had to reinstall my father’s computer from scratch after he had upgraded, however. He’s back to Windows 7 again now, and happy it all works again.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

W10 is good mind. I haven’t had a single hiccup since day one.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top