• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Nico2021Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

tsa - 28 December 2015 04:38 PM

Do any of you have interesting or boring resolutions for 2016?
Me and my friend Luna Sevithiainen will try to have something of our adventure game to show on AdventureX 2016 Smile

Oh yay Smile How is Luna? Tell her we (or at least I Wink ) miss her here! I don’t even have anyone to teach Finnish to Tongue

Also happy New Year everyone! And keep at it, Lacey, you’ll get ‘em eventually, champ!

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Hello all! <3 I missed AG and decided to pop my head back in. I miss the times when I was always in here. I hope everyone is well!

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 06 January 2016 02:50 PM

Hello all! <3 I missed AG and decided to pop my head back in. I miss the times when I was always in here. I hope everyone is well!

I’m fine, thanks!

Playing Life is Strange at the moment. It gets better the further I get Smile

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

tsa - 06 January 2016 03:42 PM

I’ve heard great things about it! I bought the first episode in the humble bundle, but haven’t gotten around to playing it. I’m trying to finish all of the 2015 games I own before the Aggies come up. So Technobabylon!

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 06 January 2016 03:51 PM
tsa - 06 January 2016 03:42 PM

I’ve heard great things about it! I bought the first episode in the humble bundle, but haven’t gotten around to playing it. I’m trying to finish all of the 2015 games I own before the Aggies come up. So Technobabylon!

I would like to try that one too but first I have Her Story and Day of the Tentacles waiting for me. I tried that last one when it was new but I’n not so much into hilariousness so I quit. Many people convinced me it’s so good that I should try it again so I will. I bought an original version together with the accompanying booklets at AdventureX and got it working on ScummVM so I’m ready for it Smile.

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

tsa - 06 January 2016 03:54 PM

I would like to try that one too but first I have Her Story and Day of the Tentacles waiting for me. I tried that last one when it was new but I’n not so much into hilariousness so I quit.

I don’t much like any comedy games, so I don’t even try to make myself like them anymore. Except Grim Fandango, I’m still determined to like that one. Tongue I’ve played Her Story, and I think the new gameplay is fun!

EDIT: Apparently I don’t have Technobabylon. I could have sworn I did. Oh well, won’t be able to vote for it for the Aggies this year.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hi, Fantasy! Always nice to see you here!

On another note: the missus is contemplating buying an e-reader. Currently it’s between a Tolino Shine and a Kobo Glo. The Kobo is a bit more expensive but seems better (better screen quality, more file types supported, better backlight).
Anybody has any recommendations?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 06 January 2016 04:31 PM

On another note: the missus is contemplating buying an e-reader. Currently it’s between a Tolino Shine and a Kobo Glo. The Kobo is a bit more expensive but seems better (better screen quality, more file types supported, better backlight).

Yes - Chose one that uses e-paper instead of a screen!
It is much easier on the eyes, uses less power = longer battery time, and you can read it in full sunlight like one the beach without any problems.

Personally I have one of the earlier kindle versions, and I love it.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

Hi, Fantasy! Always nice to see you here!

Thanks TimovieMan! Glad to see forum regulars still around. I’m finally playing the “Star Trek: 25th Anniversary” game. I’m a Star Trek fan, so it is such a treat to hear the original sounds and the original actors voicing their characters is a big treat! Every scene I stop and have the characters talk to each other, and hearing Spock and McCoy banter just made me smile so much. Very fun game once I got my head around how to do things like the space battles.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

I have the Kindle Paperwhite which has the glow screen etc.

I love it and can’t use it enough. I converted my mom into reading kindle instead of paper and now I spend every visit home feeding her voracious reading habit.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Today I was diagnosed with bladder cancer after they saw a tumor on ultra sound a few weeks back. It came out of nowhere as I was doing some blood tests last months. I don’t really know how I feel yet. I guess numb would probably be the best way to describe it. Even thinking about it right now seems unreal, like I am in another reality.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

SoccerDude28 - 06 January 2016 07:57 PM

Today I was diagnosed with bladder cancer after they saw a tumor on ultra sound a few weeks back. It came out of nowhere as I was doing some blood tests last months. I don’t really know how I feel yet. I guess numb would probably be the best way to describe it. Even thinking about it right now seems unreal, like I am in another reality.

That’s really bad news SoccerDude Frown I hope you’ll have a smooth recovery.
Have a cuddly dog to ease your pain!

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

@soccerdude

Ah man, so sorry to hear that.

As it was caught “by accident” I guess it’s still early days, but you can be assured of my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery whatever transpires. Also that you and yours get the time and space to take it all in.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Jesus, how awful for you, Soccerdude. I take it you’ll be undergoing more tests to determine the best treatment. Please let us know how you’re doing.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Stay strong, Soccerdude! Hope all goes well

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top