• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckykanaifuLady Kestrelrtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

so after reading the Dark Tower for almost 30 years of my life, starting with The Drawing of the Three(1987) until The Dark Tower ends(2004), re-reading it several times, even now while i writing this, to find out that Roland wont have those blue bombardier eyes, and what goes next… and what for Susannah in this sake..
How do they expect fans to react, shouldn’t i feel tricked, should i threw my books wait for the movie to change my long life imagination of the Gunslinger?

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Hey guys, check out this cool little game…

Happy Samorost day! We haven’t had one in a while Smile

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

Umberto Eco, one of the most brilliant people of our time, passed away on Friday evening.

Really, really sad news. His books were amazing, his other writings were funny and insightful, and he was just a voice of reason and wisdom in this world. There was so much more I wanted to hear from him…

Foucault’s Pendulum was my favorite novel. He’ll be terribly missed.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

In an effort to make more storage space at home, I have sold 97% of my entire (1500+) DVD collection.
The entire lot has been bought at once (including 3 of those “Billy” Ikea bookcases) by my brother-in-law, who has now tripled his collection (with probably about 200 duplicates included).

I’ve only kept most of my animated films and other children’s movies, you know, for the kids.

It hurt.

But at least I know they’ve gone to a good home. Grin

And in other news: April 11th - Zoë‘s first day of nursery school - can’t come soon enough. She’s the oldest at the daycare center right now and she’s starting to get bored there. Which means she rebels at home when we have to take her there.
I practically had to drag her along this morning.

That girl has got some seriously horrible morning moods, and she’s stubborn as a mule. She’s just like her dad… Shifty Eyed

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

TimovieMan - 15 March 2016 04:11 AM

In an effort to make more storage space at home, I have sold 97% of my entire (1500+) DVD collection.
The entire lot has been bought at once (including 3 of those “Billy” Ikea bookcases) by my brother-in-law, who has now tripled his collection (with probably about 200 duplicates included).

I’ve only kept most of my animated films and other children’s movies, you know, for the kids.

It hurt.

Oww, you poor man! I can imagine it hurt. You must have loved them dearly.

And in other news: April 11th - Zoë‘s first day of nursery school - can’t come soon enough. She’s the oldest at the daycare center right now and she’s starting to get bored there. Which means she rebels at home when we have to take her there.
I practically had to drag her along this morning.

That girl has got some seriously horrible morning moods, and she’s stubborn as a mule. She’s just like her dad… Shifty Eyed

[Insert something clever about Zoë Castillo here] Wink

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

It hurt.

You can now start your Blu-Ray collection Tongue

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 15 March 2016 12:51 PM

You can now start your Blu-Ray collection Tongue

Physical media are dead.

Besides, the missus wanted Netflix. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Wow, Timo!  That must have been a real wrench to get rid of that collection, but at least you can visit it once in a while. 

Zoë may be bored, but she could also have had an incident with one of the other kids that upset her.  Hopefully a change in environment will help.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 16 March 2016 03:41 PM

Wow, Timo!  That must have been a real wrench to get rid of that collection, but at least you can visit it once in a while.

Well, the missus has asked me to get rid of it for a while now, and ever since she coined the idea, my brother-in-law had been interested in buying it (he mainly became a film nut because of my influence).
It just took me a long while to cave in. Tongue

Zoë may be bored, but she could also have had an incident with one of the other kids that upset her.  Hopefully a change in environment will help.

No incident. She’s just 4-5 months older than the second-oldest toddler there and she misses her best friend (and probably future boyfriend) who started going to school a month ago.
Only a few more weeks left…

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 17 March 2016 08:49 AM

Well, the missus has asked me to get rid of it for a while now,

If someone asked me to get rid of my collection of adventure games (2 billies) just to make room for something else, I’d ask them to move out!!

Well…

Or I’d put them in boxes and store them under the stairs, in the toilet, under the bed, in the attic, in someone else’s attic, anywhere. But I would NOT sell them.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Karlok - 17 March 2016 06:16 PM

If someone asked me to get rid of my collection of adventure games (2 billies) just to make room for something else, I’d ask them to move out!!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 17 March 2016 06:16 PM

Well…

Or I’d put them in boxes and store them under the stairs, in the toilet, under the bed, in the attic, in someone else’s attic, anywhere. But I would NOT sell them.

Boxing part of it away was phase one. Tongue

Actually, apart from DVDs for the kids, I had watched less than 10 DVDs in the last two years. The collection has been doing little more than collecting dust these past years.
In fact, most of the time I watched something that I had on DVD, it was because they were playing it on TV, not because I had bothered to pop in the disc. My collection was going to waste.

Now it’s in the hands of someone who has time to binge-watch films.

Besides, I’m not one for sentiment, and we’re in the digital age. No more physical media if it can be helped.

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

You didn’t rip all of them, like most people did with their CDs early in the millennium?

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 18 March 2016 03:58 AM

Actually, apart from DVDs for the kids, I had watched less than 10 DVDs in the last two years. The collection has been doing little more than collecting dust these past years.

So…? It’s a collection. You don’t have to do anything with it if you don’t want to. I buy most adventures online nowadays.

Besides, I’m not one for sentiment,

Right… that’s why selling your collection hurt so much and you told us all about it…  Tongue

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 18 March 2016 05:51 AM

You didn’t rip all of them, like most people did with their CDs early in the millennium?

Nah. Other people have done that for me online. Tongue

Also, Netflix. Cool

Karlok - 18 March 2016 06:22 AM

Right… that’s why selling your collection hurt so much and you told us all about it…  Tongue

It’s been a couple of days. I’m over it now. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top