• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: “Train, train, train…....” (PM only!) [ENDED!]

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 06 April 2014 05:52 AM

The Cryo release is an enhanced and longer version without black-and-white scenes. At least, I don’t remember any. Thanks for taking the trouble to find the youtube clip for me. The corresponding scene in the Cryo version is indeed in color. (Makes it easier to forgive myself for not recognizing it.)

Sorry about that Karlok - I’ve never played either version but have just had a look on YT & can see that there are no b & w scenes in the re-release!

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

diego - 06 April 2014 06:15 AM

Oh, is it Bige’s train? Bosch’s Damnation?

That’s right! Bigge and Carol are still decorating it for their wedding reception.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 06 April 2014 06:38 AM
Karlok - 06 April 2014 05:52 AM

The Cryo release is an enhanced and longer version without black-and-white scenes. At least, I don’t remember any. Thanks for taking the trouble to find the youtube clip for me. The corresponding scene in the Cryo version is indeed in color. (Makes it easier to forgive myself for not recognizing it.)

Sorry about that Karlok - I’ve never played either version but have just had a look on YT & can see that there are no b & w scenes in the re-release!

Hey, it’s not YOUR fault I didn’t recognize the screenshot! I bet most of the other participants who did identify it have never played Gadget, so I have no excuse.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

It was only guessed after I posted an alternative screenshot. I never realised there were differences between the 2 releases so thank you Karlok for pointing that out! &  I’ve now updated on the answers!

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 06 April 2014 06:16 AM

I also avoided mine-carts & those self-propelling train contraptions (I know there’s a name for them!)

Handcar, pump trolley or a draisine. Grin You should really watch more western movies. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 08 April 2014 11:00 AM
chrissie - 06 April 2014 06:16 AM

I also avoided mine-carts & those self-propelling train contraptions (I know there’s a name for them!)

Handcar, pump trolley or a draisine. Grin You should really watch more western movies. Tongue

Thank you diego, ‘draisine’ was the word I was looking for & I can’t think why it’s not in my dictionary!!!!
I’ve watched lots of western movies - maybe a long time ago, but I do remember being very disappointed if there were no Indians in them! I hardly remember any trains or ‘draisines’!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Here’s one. Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you diego! I loved that film but can’t remember whether it had any indians in it? Meanwhile I’ll just keep watching Dr Quinn Medicine Woman.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

chrissie - 11 April 2014 03:02 PM

Meanwhile I’ll just keep watching Dr Quinn Medicine Woman.

Didn’t watch that one, but I loved North of 60. Tongue

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 11 April 2014 03:16 PM
chrissie - 11 April 2014 03:02 PM

Meanwhile I’ll just keep watching Dr Quinn Medicine Woman.

Didn’t watch that one, but I loved North of 60. Tongue

It’s has a very atmospheric introduction - I might look out for that on DVD!

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

This was a lovely quiz, chrissie!  Thumbs Up Sorry I wasn’t able to say so until know.

Anyway I’m glad I participated, even though I didn’t have time to search for all trains, and get a higher score Smile

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you SweetDalilah - I’m really happy that you found time to join in!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi Becky, I’m so sorry I missed this post of yours!

Becky - 05 April 2014 12:21 PM

Chrissie, when you get back, I’m curious. Were there any images that were either easier or harder for people to find/solve/guess than you expected when you put the quiz together?

I didn’t really have any expectations as I’m always convinced any quiz I post is going to be too easy! But I was surprised that no 18 (BS 2.5), 23 (X-Files) & 80 (the Lost Crown) were games where the images hadn’t stuck in anyone’s mind!

Becky - 05 April 2014 12:21 PM

And why did you choose to show only train exteriors and not the interiors? Would showing the interiors be too confusing? Or did the interiors always show people, which would have made the quiz too easy?

Neither of those reasons! Mainly because it would have doubled the amount of screenshots either making the quiz too large or having to be selective which I would have given me too much angst! Also I’d already collected a lot of screenshots of train exteriors & decided to just focus on those!

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 12 April 2014 01:57 PM

But I was surprised that no 18 (BS 2.5), 23 (X-Files) & 80 (the Lost Crown) were games where the images hadn’t stuck in anyone’s mind!

The Lost Crown was the first name that came up when I looked at #80. But only because of the word Cam. I mentally went through the game and concluded that no train was ever recorded on one of Nigel’s devices. And then a couple of days later I stared at #80 again and it came to me: The Intro with the mysterious guy and the monitors. I honestly don’t see why this image should have stuck in anyone’s mind, the player gets to see it only for a few seconds as a small part of a screen filled with monitors. The train that takes Nigel to Sedgemarsh looks quite different.

PS: I think I could identify it only because I replayed the intro several times, even after I’d finished the game, trying to make sense of what was going on. In vain.  Frown

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 12 April 2014 02:18 PM
chrissie - 12 April 2014 01:57 PM

But I was surprised that no 18 (BS 2.5), 23 (X-Files) & 80 (the Lost Crown) were games where the images hadn’t stuck in anyone’s mind!

... And then a couple of days later I stared at #80 again and it came to me: The Intro with the mysterious guy and the monitors. I honestly don’t see why this image should have stuck in anyone’s mind, the player gets to see it only for a few seconds as a small part of a screen filled with monitors. The train that takes Nigel to Sedgemarsh looks quite different.

PS: I think I could identify it only because I replayed the intro several times, even after I’d finished the game, trying to make sense of what was going on. In vain.  Frown

I also replayed the intro several times trying to make sense of what was going on in vain!!! It was a wonderfully long entertaining game that ended up not making sense ...yet & I’m looking forward to The Last Crown - sometime! I think I would have had an inkling about that screenshot but as I’ve said before, I’ve got absolutely no idea about what’s hard or easy! It was really not intended to be so ‘sneaky’ but as an alternative to the one posted in Fien’s quiz.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top