• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: “Train, train, train…....” (PM only!) [ENDED!]

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

mbday630 - 05 April 2014 11:48 AM

#1 is 1 Gabriel knight 1: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned?  I don’t remember a train in Gabriel Knight 1 and I think it was called Sins of the fathers or something.  ?

Ooops! a typo - it is GK 3! Thank you for pointing it out mbday!

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

It was Gabriel Knight 3. Gabriel arrives in Rennes Le Chateau by train: its from the intro.

Aaargh, Big Red Adventure and X-Files, I thought of borh of them but didnt guess because I was uncertain (instead, the few wild guesses I did make were completely off the mark…)

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Terrific quiz, Chrissie!  You had some real stumpers in there.  The ones that drove me most crazy because I knew I had seen them before were the trains in Silverload, Big Red Adventure, and Genesys, and I’m kicking myself over Secret Files: Tunguska because I had written it down as a possibility and promptly forgot about it.Meh

Congratulations to HandsFree for that great score and to Dark Eye and Wilco as well! Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up  Thumbs Up

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Wild guessing is good Jerry!

Anyway I’ve been completely surprised & over-whelmed by the enthusiasm for this quiz! -
especially as it turned out to be more challenging than I intended! (I’ve just got no idea!)

Yes! I went: [s]choo-choo-bing[/s]You Tubing but mainly to find shots of trains that I knew were in the games that I couldn’t find on the web - okay! I was sneaky with a few!

Thank you everyone for taking part - you’ve kept me on the edge of my seat as there has been more shuffling around especially amongst the top scorers than you might find in erm… a penguin’s enclosure?

Everyone is invited to travel on the ‘Train, train, train….’ Winner’s Train to visit:

National Rail Museum

...while listening to:

Train Songs

Here’s the train (I now just wish the forum width was wider or I’d posted a sky-scraper/tower-block quiz!):

There was a spare place so I thought I’d come too!

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I identified 27 screenshots of the 42 games I’ve played. Should have done much better of course. I forgive myself for not recognizing In the 1st Degree, cause you get to see that streetcar for just one or two seconds in a clip. But the moment I saw pic #24 a voice in my head shouted Dreamfall! Shut up stupid voice, there is no train in Dreamfall, apart from the one with the dog and this is a totally different train. I even checked a walkthrough. See? No other train. Voice was right, I was wrong. The same thing happened with Kentucky Route Zero. No train in Kentucky, I told myself. Well, maybe not, but there is a sort of mine cart on rails. 

Fortunately I also had a moment of satisfaction when I finally, finally realized that one of the best trains ever was indeed in the quiz. I had been looking for something like this Number Nine. Naughty

The other best train ever is of course the one with the hand that grabs you off the platform, in the Underground of Zork Grand Inquisitor. I’m sad that it wasn’t included.

Thanks for a great quiz, Chrissie! Here’s one special train just for you.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I had to check the final cutscene just to confirm the Grim Fandango one! Gasp

I should have made more “wild” guesses. Could’ve gotten Alt-Minds, Syberia, Still Life and Déjà Vu 2 that way.
I also should’ve expected The Lost Crown would be included with a shot I didn’t find, as I found another that wasn’t included - I remember thinking that it was strange that it “got overlooked somehow”.
And I never looked at Carmen Sandiego games because I didn’t think they’d qualify as adventures, despite me knowing that they use the ACME Detective Agency…

Pan
Frown
TimovieMan

Still, best effort I ever made in a quiz like this, and it was still only good enough for a split fifth place. Sealed Lips
Congrats to Handsfree, DarkEye and wilco!!!

Chrissie, thanks for the awesome quiz! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’ve been to the Tranportation Museum in London, which is fascinating, but would love to go to the Nat’l. Rail Museum in York.  I did get to see one of it’s trains, however, when I saw the production of The Railway Children at Waterloo Station a couple of years ago.  The train even took a curtain call.

Edit:  The train cars are terrific, Chrissie! Thumbs Up  Grin

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Nice train cars, chrissie. Is there are dining car on the train? We could all go and have a party!

Thanks for the quiz. I enjoyed it immensely.  Yum

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

That was a fun quiz chrissie, and difficult as always. Thanks. Thumbs Up
I’ve played 38 games you used and managed to miss 6 of them. Most annoyingly 89; I knew I played it but I just couldn’t place it anymore.  Confused

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 05 April 2014 01:42 PM

The other best train ever is of course the one with the hand that grabs you off the platform, in the Underground of Zork Grand Inquisitor. I’m sad that it wasn’t included.!

I’ve got the GoG version of ZGI but haven’t got very far so far! If I’d realised the game contained a train there would definitely have been a screenshot of it in the quiz!!!!

Karlok - 05 April 2014 01:42 PM

Thanks for a great quiz, Chrissie! Here’s one special train just for you.

Thank you Karlok! I don’t recognise the screenshot at all but I like it!

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

That was one hell of a quiz chrissie!!It was very well put together, but it
was also big eye opener for me, because I realized that my memory is not
sharp as it used to be.I really should recognized a few more, but I’m satisfied
with the score.
I’m glad that this show is over because I had a bad nightmare last night, where I
almost get hit by the train No.25.
Congrats HandsFree, you really deserved gold medal this time!!!
Chrissie nice train cars!
All aboard, grogs are on er.. HandsFree

Slots

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

TimovieMan - 05 April 2014 01:49 PM

I had to check the final cutscene just to confirm the Grim Fandango one! Gasp

I should have made more “wild” guesses. 

And I never looked at Carmen Sandiego games because I didn’t think they’d qualify as adventures, despite me knowing that they use the ACME Detective Agency…

Here’s the full screenshot of Grim Fandango I was about to post until DarkEye guessed it!:

Wild guessing is good Tim so yes you should have!

The Carmen Sandiego series do seem to full into the category of Adventure on Moby Games & other sites - I think they are made for younger gamers? I love the graphics on them though!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

chrissie - 05 April 2014 03:38 PM

Here’s the full screenshot of Grim Fandango I was about to post until DarkEye guessed it!:

Very sneaky screenshot. Thumbs Up
It’s not easy to get a LucasArts screenshot past me (and probably impossible to sneak a Fate of Atlantis, The Dig or Full Throttle shot past me), so well done! Grin

Wild guessing is good Tim so yes you should have!

I know. Blame my habit of wanting to be either dead certain or completely random. Tongue

The Carmen Sandiego series do seem to full into the category of Adventure on Moby Games & other sites - I think they are targeted towards a young audience?

Yeah, edutainment puzzle games. They’re not bad really - used to play them a lot way back when… Tongue
Just not that one… Grin

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Lady Kestrel - 05 April 2014 01:51 PM

I’ve been to the Tranportation Museum in London, which is fascinating, but would love to go to the Nat’l. Rail Museum in York.  I did get to see one of it’s trains, however, when I saw the production of The Railway Children at Waterloo Station a couple of years ago.  The train even took a curtain call.

Edit:  The train cars are terrific, Chrissie! Thumbs Up  Grin

I’ve visited the London Transport Museum on a few occasions - is that the same one? - it certainly was quite impressive!

I went to the Rail Museum in York as a child - I don’t remember too much about it but when I Googled ‘The world’s greatest rail museums’ that was the one that was very prominent which did surprise me as I expected somewhere more exotic!

Thank you Lady Kestrel! - I’m pleased you like my train cars!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 05 April 2014 02:04 PM

Nice train cars, chrissie. Is there are dining car on the train? We could all go and have a party!

That train is a party, singing, dancing one - sure! there is a dining car on the train but I didn’t have enough time to present just how much fun there was to be had!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top