• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

QUIZ: “Train, train, train…....” (PM only!) [ENDED!]

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just added some alternative/expanded screenshots for most of the 10 un-guessed games to the 1st post.

Here’s some additional hints for some of them:

No 55 is an educational adventure game from 1995 - it’s quite obscure but the screenshot can be found at The Legacy.

No 56 is a text adventure for the ZX Spectrum - there is a clue to it’s title within the text in the screenshot & I managed to find a pic of the box art! There’s also a playthrough for this game on You Tube but the screens in the quiz can be found on the web!

No 70 is a game from around 1993 published & developed by a Japanese software company - there are a few in the series!

I’ll give some further hints on Friday evening & I’m about to go off-line now until late tomorrow evening.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Chrissie, your in box is full.  Grin

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Karlok - 03 April 2014 04:43 PM

Chrissie, your in box is full.  Grin

Thanks for letting me know Karlok! - I’ve just discovered my outbox is full too so off to do some clearing out!........

.......Done! There’s plenty of room now!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Just to let you know the quiz will end tomorrow Saturday 5th at 16.00 (4.00 PM) Ag time. You can PM guesses up until then (if you haven’t already had enough!)

For anyone tearing their hair out over the answers I will post them very shortly after!

There are still 5 unguessed screens:
[s]18: Obviously it’s a cut scene - it’s from an ‘extra’ in a popular game series [/s]

[s]39: To tell you the truth I really don’t know what to say about this game from 1996.[/s]
[s]75: From 2001 it’s from a game in a series.[/s]
[s]79: From 1989 it’s from one of a series of games produced by a Japanese company.[/s]
[s]87: I’ve added an alternative screenshot to the 1st post.[/s]

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

chrissie - 04 April 2014 01:27 PM

There are still 5 unguessed screens:
39: To tell you the truth I really don’t know what to say about this game from 1996.

I’ve got it!  It’s from The Partridge Family European Tour game, in which the Partridge Family singing group swaps their Mondrian-inspired school bus for an equally colorful train while touring the continent.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Sage - 04 April 2014 11:49 PM

I’ve got it!  It’s from The Partridge Family European Tour game, in which the Partridge Family singing group swaps their Mondrian-inspired school bus for an equally colorful train while touring the continent.

I wish I’d thought of that before last Wednesday!

It seems I’ve now reached my limit for sending PMs in a 24 hour period & am unable to reply to any more so please look here!

Tim - your answer for 81 is right!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

chrissie - 05 April 2014 07:51 AM

It seems I’ve now reached my limit for sending PMs in a 24 hour period & am unable to reply to any more so please look here!

I love it! I wonder if you’re setting some sort of record for PMs received within a 24-hour period.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the final quiz answers and groaning over the ones I missed.  Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Becky - 05 April 2014 08:16 AM

I love it! I wonder if you’re setting some sort of record for PMs received within a 24-hour period.

I’m really looking forward to seeing the final quiz answers and groaning over the ones I missed.  Thumbs Up

No, it’s not a record Becky - it’s just one of the downsides of presenting a PM only quiz & has happened to other members who have done so in the past!

Less than 2 1/2 hours to go now! I’m sure you & others will be kicking yourselves!

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Putting my boots on right now in anticipation. I suspect that I could teach a class in how to get sooo close, and yet be completely wrong. When I see trains in other contexts (like on television) I look more closely now for little details. It’s become an automatic reflex.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

If it’s any consolation Becky I’ve been looking at pictures of train wheels & tracks - it’s surprising how many there are - not that it did me any good!

Karlok that’s a yes for no 55!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Both your answers are of course right HandsFree!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

All are right SweetDalilah except for no 41.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

As you can see the quiz is now ended - the answers are all under the screenshots in the 1st post! I’ll be back soon….

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

#1 is 1 Gabriel knight 1: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned?  I don’t remember a train in Gabriel Knight 1 and I think it was called Sins of the fathers or something.  ?

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned is Gabriel Knight 3, and there’s definitely a train as part of it. I believe Gabe is knocked unconscious while he’s on the train. (I haven’t played this game—got the info from Wikipedia.)

I guessed Grim Fandango would be on this quiz. Tried 4 different guesses and got them all wrong. Guessed Gadget wrong a number of times too before the extra image was posted.

Chrissie, when you get back, I’m curious. Were there any images that were either easier or harder for people to find/solve/guess than you expected when you put the quiz together?

And why did you choose to show only train exteriors and not the interiors? Would showing the interiors be too confusing? Or did the interiors always show people, which would have made the quiz too easy?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top