• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissiezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #27: Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Time for some of my favourite Tex quotes of the day:

“This alien landscape reminds me of the Old Star Trek episode where they get that distress call, then Captain Kirk meets that beautiful women, then he and Spock barely escape, then Kirk makes that funny joke right at the end.”
(Yeah Tex, I know exactly which episode you are thinking about Grin)

“This is the only pot I allow in my office.”

“... and my secret Aladdin lamb. I’m not planning on dusting that baby until I’m ready to retire.”

“A Playbub, oh gross! This magazine is filthy - I’ll never get all the sewage off it.”

On women:

“Between my wedding ring and this picture of my ex-wife Sylvia, I will never, ever, forget that women are alien creatures capable of great destruction”

“That’s New York Times best-seller ‘Men are Imbeciles, Women are Erratic.’ My mom sent this to help with my love life. I’ve read the first chapter and I think the author is a hermaphrodite.”
(So I guess the author is an erratic imbecile Sarcastic )

“Ritual Virility is a guide scoring with woman. Step number 1, get rich”
(I think you will be better off listening to Louie, Tex.)

“The guy who sold me this Hormonatron said it would make women obsolete in my life, but I can’t get it to work”
(???)

On exercise:

“This barbell would provide a great workout if it weren’t so darn heavy.”

“I’m going to start using this thing just as soon as I get in shape.”
(The very definition of a Catch 22)

Quotes from some other characters:

“I’ve always thought you were quite attractive. Of course, I’ve always been know to confuse attraction with sympathy.” - Chelsee
(Ouch! That hurts, you are only jesting, right?!?)

“Chelsee’s a nice girl, but whatever happened between us was over long ago. Don’t let the torch she still carries for me stand in your way” - Clint

“You know, I’m starting to understand why Chelsee hasn’t gone out with with you” - Louie

Edit: I almost forgot:

“Very funny. At least I’ve never had a problem getting a women to go out with me. Speaking of which, how’s Chelsee?” - Rook
(Ouch!)

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Becky - 15 March 2014 06:57 AM

Does he do any dancing in UaKM? Just curious. It would be fun to watch.

He does Becky although it’s right at the very end of the game

Life is what it is.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I believe there is a scene where he is giving Cha-Cha lesson to Delores Lightbody, who otherwise only appears in Overseer.

I hope the other money stashes don’t come with moral dilemmas. Though with the “path” system, the moral dilemmas aren’t going to go away, are they?

That would be telling Tongue

harald - 15 March 2014 07:05 AM

.. but I’m thinking of aiming for Mission Street on Gamer mode with a maximum score. Masochistic…

Masochistic - Indeed!

Mission Street can be hard enough, if you don’t know exactly what you need to do, but getting all of the bonus points, that is damn near impossible.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Iznogood - 15 March 2014 09:41 AM

I believe there is a scene where he is giving Cha-Cha lesson to Delores Lightbody, who otherwise only appears in Overseer.

And Mean Streets! Smile

Mission Street can be hard enough, if you don’t know exactly what you need to do, but getting all of the bonus points, that is damn near impossible.

The points timed puzzles is reason enough to stay away from complete bonus points!

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Check around 11:50 in this video

Don’t knock Dolores—she pays for her chacha lessons up front—in cash!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

crabapple - 15 March 2014 10:32 AM

Check around 11:50 in this video

Don’t knock Dolores—she pays for her chacha lessons up front—in cash!

Thank you—that was very entertaining! I especially liked the rose in the teeth and the screams afterwards.

P.S. Tex as a dancer DOES match the interface.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

And a few more quotes:

“A photo analyzer? Most of the photos I’ve seen don’t require much psychiatric help.”

“These joysticks never seem to provide the satisfaction they promise”

“A relief globe of the moon. That might come in handy if I ever have to relieve myself on the moon.”

And of course when talking about money:
“It’s right here in my pocket. Yessiree, my pocket’s crammed full of cash. I could hardly walk over here”

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Now that there are only a few hours left until we start the next day, let me ask a few questions to round up this chapter:

1) Did you find the money to the orphans? And did you keep it or did you do the right thing?

2) [spoiler]Did you find Nilo’s wallet? And did you give it to him or did you do the right thing do as Nilo deserves?[/spoiler]

3) Did you pay Louie the money you own him, or are you going to threat your best friend like a doormat?  **YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD**

4) Did you find the drug dealer money?

5) Did you find a bottle of single malt for Crazy Gary? Did you even find and talk to Gary

6) Did you pay Nilo the extra cash for the code to the door?

And my own answers:

1) Yes and Keep Embarassed
2) Yes and Absolutely Keep Naughty
3) Of course and Never!!!
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Not in a million years!

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

I finished the first day. It really is very difficult to tell how Tex is going to act out the dialog options - I hope I haven’t already been thrown off Mission Street. Content

I still haven’t talked to anyone besides Chelsee and Nilo so I don’t have many answers for Iznogood’s questions yet, but so far I’ve acted like an angel… if angels were borderline morons. I mean, letting Nilo rip me off like that and still be civil to him AND even return his wallet, I’m not even sure that’s morally sound. Wouldn’t it be better to stand up to him? I remember the first time I played the game I was aiming for Mission Street, but of course ended up on Lombard Street like everyone else - mostly, I think, because I wanted to give Tex some spine in situations where it was called for. But as soon as you do that you’re apparently not “boy scout” enough for Mission Street. Grin

Masochistic - Indeed!

I know. I may very well regret this decision soon enough. It’s definitely not possible without a lot of save-scumming.

Still… This game is so good. I’m actually looking forward to playing it again, despite having it so fresh in memory. And to think that Tesla Effect will be out in a month or two… Heart Eyes

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 15 March 2014 12:10 PM

1) Yes and Keep Embarassed
2) Yes and Absolutely Keep Naughty
3) Of course and Never!!!
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Not in a million years!

As I’m playing nasty Tex:

1) Yes and Keep
2) Yes and Keep
3) No and Yes Innocent
4) Yes
5) Yes and haven’t bothered yet.
6) You are joking!

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

1) Did you find the money to the orphans? And did you keep it or did you do the right thing?

2) [spoiler]Did you find Nilo’s wallet? And did you give it to him or did you do the right thing do as Nilo deserves?[/spoiler]

3) Did you pay Louie the money you own him, or are you going to threat your best friend like a doormat?  **YOU HEARTLESS BASTARD**

5) Did you find a bottle of single malt for Crazy Gary? Did you even find and talk to Gary

Evil Tex here so:

1. Keep - finders keepers…
2. Keep - never gave it back in any playthrough
3. Keep Neutral He’s a good guy… I’m sure he’ll understand…
4. Not yet
5. Not yet. Haven’t talked to him yet
6. No, I wish he would resist a bit more and we could actually punch him!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

1) Yes. Keep.
2) Yes. Keep. (It’s just a $100, but the guy’s scum.)
3) Pay.
4) Yup.
5) Found the item. Avoided the guy.
6) lol

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Out of curiosity: which of the paths is considered canon for Overseer? Or does it not matter?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

TimovieMan - 15 March 2014 02:23 PM

Out of curiosity: which of the paths is considered canon for Overseer? Or does it not matter?

The book follows Lombard Street, with the holodate ending. So I’m guessing that’s what’s canon. (And it more or less fits with Tex and Chelsee’s relationship at the beginning of Overseer, i.e. quasi-dating.)

Total Posts: 2990

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

1)Yes and yes
2) Yes and no though I do remember that I gave them back in one of my previous “Mission” playthroughs. Feels better now.
3) Yes and no
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) No way

I know I said that I was going to play evil Tex, but I simply don’t have it. I try Lombard Street…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top