• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04chrissieDaleOOUS

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

diego - 24 January 2014 06:28 AM

Uhh… it’s five days, actually, though you still have plenty of time to explore Atlantis (and still get a glimpse of El Dorado:

My error. I was sure I read 10 days somewhere. Anyway, I went back to my save before I entered the bat cave, and found some things I didn’t find before. I’m not sure how I was able to proceed the first time, but I was. I’m sure I would eventually have hit a roadblock e.g. not having the gaff to close the water supply. If that happened I’m not sure I would have known what to do. Arthur didn’t give me a heads up. Sooner or later, after re-tracing every step, I either would have found the object or thrown in the towel.

Nevertheless, I was able to complete the Atlantis portion. Although, I assume I will need to return here to get something that will be needed in the other two locations.

As the next phase, I believe, will be starting on Monday, 1/27 or Monday 27/1, (whichever convention winds your clock,) I’m curious where we will be heading. El Dorado would seem logical seeing as we had to go there once already. But maybe you have something else in mind.

And Beyond Atlantis was my first Atlantis game. I still have a boxed copy on my bookshelf.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m lagging behind as well, but I’ll catch up. Smile

Two more boats. Amerzone and Congo: Descent into Zinj.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-08-27

PM

Now I’ve finished the Atlantis section. I remembered more than I expected. Arthur was more helpful than I expected. I guess I didn’t have him on “chatty” last time. That ferryman is ridiculous. He charges as much to move from one dock to the next as to go across town. Maybe he insists on taking the scenic route - or maybe his taxi meter is broken Wink

I thought the olive oil maker looked like Marina Sirtis. What do you think?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

rtrooney - 24 January 2014 07:01 PM

I’m sure I would eventually have hit a roadblock e.g. not having the gaff to close the water supply.

On the other hand, I’ve completely missed the silk scarf the first time around. As for the water, I knew exactly what to do, although at first I approached it from the left. Then, I came from the right, but I was trying to close the dam one screen further behind, and when it didn’t work, I realized there’s another walking arrow for me to step closer Tongue. Luckily, the puzzle is fair and logical (though, I was surprised that staff didn’t work as well) so I didn’t give up on my original idea. And would you believe that I had a flooding accident in my bathroom this morning? Smile

rtrooney - 24 January 2014 07:01 PM

El Dorado would seem logical seeing as we had to go there once already. But maybe you have something else in mind.

Yeah, although it did finally snow today, we’ll be probably saving Himalayas for the last, though I still need to check a few things until Sunday (Monday?)

Karlok - 24 January 2014 08:03 PM

Two more boats. Amerzone and Congo: Descent into Zinj.

Interesting. Do you ride them, or is it a cutscene?

Salar Shushan - 25 January 2014 02:05 AM

Arthur was more helpful than I expected.

Some funny lines are also connected to the “object help”, like in Atlantis prologue mission - if you don’t pick up the rope the first time, when you get back to it, he says: “Now don’t trip over that rope!”

Because of a (fake) Italian accent, she reminds me Roberto Benigni’s partner - Nicoletta Braschi. See this movie, it’s hilarious. Grin (in this scene, she’s a cop trying in all possible ways to ignite the “monster” in him Grin)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Here’s another Star Trek connection—has anyone mentioned that the actress who plays Agent 3 (Michele Scarabelli) also played Data’s girlfriend in the “In Theory” episode?

I’m still working my way through Atlantis. I got to the temple before I realized why I ought to be there. So I filled two containers with the water and shut the door with the gaff, but at the time I had no idea why I would do these things. I finally managed to make it into the windmill without the owner rudely asking me to leave, so I’m now a bit more clued in.

I am very tired about hearing about the weather.  Smile

I like the ferryman. I am paying him for his discretion. I go into the windmill (only one entrance/exit) as a temple guard and come out a few minutes later as a lovely olive oil merchant, and he never even bats an eye. Okay, sometimes he winks.

I think this is the first game I’ve played where I visit locations after they have been destroyed first—and then visit them right before this happens. Can the people who have done (or are doing) this repeated destruction really be Earth’s allies?

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’ve been reading through my old copy of the Buried in Time 2: The Journeyman Project strategy guide. It has some backstory that I thought might interest people. Spoilers for anyone who doesn’t want to know what happened in Journeyman Project, games 1 and 2:

In JP1, it’s far in Earth’s future (the 24th century) A scientist from Earth named Elliot Sinclair has invented time travel. The united Earth government sets up an organization called the TSA to work through the practicalities of time travel. Sinclair is adamantly opposed to Earth entering the Symbiotry (a peaceful organization of aliens from various worlds) because he thinks that—if Earth does become a member—others in the Symbiotry will get their hands on the time travel technology, and use it to invade Earth sometime in the past. In order to prevent this, Sinclair goes back in time to change things so that Earth is no longer attractive to the Symbiotry. (It might have been easier for him to go back in time and make sure he was never born, in which case time travel wouldn’t be invented, but that apparently didn’t occur to him.) Agent Gage Blackwood of the TSA discovers Sinclair’s plot to change history and foils it, and arrests Sinclair as he is attempting to assassinate the Symbiotry’s ambassador to Earth. Sinclair is then sentenced to life imprisonment on Vega Thalon.

Yay Gage! (I think.)

In JP2, Gage’s future self visits his past self to warn him that, in the future, he will be arrested for stealing items from the historical sites he’s visited, creating ripples in the time line. Future Gage says that someone has been visiting the past surreptitiously at the same locations he’s been researching. This person has messed with the past enough to set up ripples in the time line, in order to deep six Gage. Gage’s future self wants Gage’s past self to investigate who is sabotaging him and to find out what’s been changed in all the affected time lines. Past Gage (you play this Gage for the rest of the game) first goes to Farnstein Space Lab, where he uploads Arthur (an invention of the artist/scientist Kenneth Farnstein) into his time travel suit. He also visits Chateau Gaillard, Chichen Itza

(where I remain buried)

and Leonardo da Vinci’s studio. It turns out that the saboteur is Agent 3, who is doing this

because Gage wouldn’t go out on a date. (Sorry, just invented that last bit.)

Agent 3 is sabotaging Gage because he has been inadvertently foiling her secret attempts to get time travel technology to all the other members of the Symbiotry. Agent 3 assumes that the people of Earth will misuse the time travel technology, because Earthlings are such a violent people, but that if all the other alien cultures also have time travel at their disposal, this somehow will hold Earthlings in check.

(If you think this makes less sense than sabotaging him for romantic reasons, I won’t argue with you.)

Arthur intervenes at this point and leaves Gage’s suit to infect Agent 3’s computers (including, it would appear in JP3, her time travel suit). This frees Gage and distracts Agent 3. Gage makes it to an alien Krynn ship, where Agent 3’s treason has resulted in the Krynn planning to use the time travel technology to hyper-evolutionize their past, making them masters of the Symbiotry in the present rather than mere me-toos with no political power. Gage is captured by the Krynn ambassador, is gloated over in traditional “bwa-ha-ha” fashion, and then manages to escape. He transports back to Earth right to the TSA. In the epilogue, Future Gage again visits Past Gage and tells him that Agent 3 is still at large, the Krynn have been dumped from the Symbiotry, and that Past Gage will be mind-wiped because he now knows too much about the future.

That’s what you get for playing the hero, Gage. Will you learn from this experience? Of course not.

Onward to JP3!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 25 January 2014 08:05 AM

Here’s another Star Trek connection—has anyone mentioned that the actress who plays Agent 3 (Michele Scarabelli) also played Data’s girlfriend in the “In Theory” episode?

Oh, great! So she did already have “space experience” Grin

I like the ferryman. I am paying him for his discretion. I go into the windmill (only one entrance/exit) as a temple guard and come out a few minutes later as a lovely olive oil merchant, and he never even bats an eye. Okay, sometimes he winks.

That must be the feminine charm in question… I’ve traveled as an Egyptian captain, and when I changed myself to the windmill keeper, he said he was already waiting for someone. Frown

I think this is the first game I’ve played where I visit locations after they have been destroyed first—and then visit them right before this happens.

There’s something similar in A New Beginning (though not exactly the same) - you first arrive in the wrong time period, while the post-apocalypse had already happened:

and then, you need to go to an even earlier time period to try to prevent it. (though not the very same location)

Oh, and if by “destroyed” you count also “future taken by tentacles”, then I guess Day of the Tentacle is another one Grin:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Found all three time codes. I must admit I quite enjoyed this part especially the balloon ride.

Arthur seems to be becoming less annoying and more humorous Laughing

This is my favourite quite of his so far:

“Not exactly the prettiest balloon but it definitely maybe should fly. (mumbles to himself: Who am I kidding, this baby’s going down.) You know what, why don’t you go up first Gage, and I’ll go find a shovel and dig your early grave.”

I definitely didn’t suspect the revealing cutscene, but the Commissioner is starting to annoy me much more than Arthur.  Shifty Eyed Meh

Pan

So this is the symbol we’re looking for now:

And here I am at the beautiful Atlantis that’s just waiting to be explored Tongue:

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-06-26

PM

I did find the 1st part of legacy in Atlantis… returned to the ship… question tho.. I spent some time jumping and ended up at the temple underground… was I supposed to be there? Finish anything there? ( cause I didn’t) or will we be returning there for our next part? And how do you know if you are exploring further than you are supposed to.

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

diego - 25 January 2014 07:35 AM

Because of a (fake) Italian accent, she reminds me Roberto Benigni’s partner - Nicoletta Braschi. See this movie, it’s hilarious. Grin (in this scene, she’s a cop trying in all possible ways to ignite the “monster” in him Grin)

She definitely reminds me of her. Grin I loved the movies those 2 made together. And this guy (who is also an actor and comedian over here) reminds me of Roberto Benigni himself. Tongue

diego - 25 January 2014 09:09 AM

There’s something similar in A New Beginning (though not exactly the same) - you first arrive in the wrong time period, while the post-apocalypse had already happened:

and then, you need to go to an even earlier time period to try to prevent it. (though not the very same location)

Oh Gosh, that brings back memories of that time we played this game as the playthrough back at the SK. How much fun we had back then Grin

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SweetDalilah - 25 January 2014 02:54 PM

especially the balloon ride.

The view is really great, that I’d wish if you could fly the balloon even as an action sequence. Wink

...this baby’s going down

Love how he changes his voice into the “macho man”. Similar like Guybrush in Escape from Monkey Island, when saying: “Why hello there, Brittany” Smile

And here I am at the beautiful Atlantis that’s just waiting to be explored Tongue:

I just hope you’re not seasick (and I’m not talking about first-person motion sickness) Smile

Winfrey - 25 January 2014 02:57 PM

I did find the 1st part of legacy in Atlantis…

And that’s where you should stop and wait for the “go” sign for the next part, like all good boys/girls except Zobraks Tongue

And how do you know if you are exploring further than you are supposed to.

The objective is to find the artifact in Atlantis, so you should explore only if it justifies your search for it. Wink

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 25 January 2014 03:33 PM

[

The objective is to find the artifact in Atlantis, so you should explore only if it justifies your search for it. Wink

I don’t think you can even if you wanted ,to do anything at the other parts. .. the game will lead to one conclusion that is to finish Atlantis 1st.

Total Posts: 4258

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

all good boys/girls except Zobraks Tongue

Hey, I heard read that!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-08-27

PM

Advie - 25 January 2014 03:48 PM

[

I don’t think you can even if you wanted ,to do anything at the other parts. .. the game will lead to one conclusion that is to finish Atlantis 1st.

And walk off with any potentially handy stuff that isn’t nailed down. Maybe we will use the oil, healing water, silk, extra coin, etc s - or maybe they will just be nice souvenirs Wink

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

What I learned in Atlantis so far Grin:
1. It seems that it’s possible to find a variety of characters of different nationality and background at the Atlantis: 1262 B.C. A Russian beggar, aboriginal ferryman, Egyptian Captain, Roman Gladiator or Centurion (not sure which) guard, Italian olive seller, I wonder who I’ll run up to next, maybe they’ll introduce an Englishman that resembles Sherlock Holmes, and a Frenchman with a beret. Grin

2. You can pay the ferryman 10 dramoi countless times with a few coins an Egyptian Captain gave you.
3. You can talk to a brother/sister disguised as their sister/brother without them realizing it’s not their sister/brother.

zobraks - 24 January 2014 01:01 PM

This reminded me of an ice cream salesman I met on the Adriatic coast (in ex-Yugoslavia) when I was a little boy. This guy used to walk along the beach, selling ice cream and yelling: “Ice cream - 10 dinars, sladoled - 5 dinars!”

So an ice cream costs 0.04 Euros or 10 fenings (in KM) in Serbia. You’re practicaly getting it for free (džabaluka) and you’re still complaining? There isn’t even that much difference between 5 and 10 dinars since dinar is such a small currency. Grin Tongue

Another shot of a spiral staircase for my collection Smile

Quite a beautiful view from up here:

Atlantinian art

I thought the Olive girl was really beautiful especially smiling so I started taking pictures of her:

until I took this one :

Nothing beats the bad-ass Roman Centurion guard Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top