• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyGabeVeovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #26: The Journeyman Project 3: Legacy of Time

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

diego - 23 January 2014 07:57 PM

BTW, I love that you can repeat dialogue topics (even though there’re no complex dialogue-puzzles here) as in some games, if you want to “review” things there’s no other option than to load previously saved game.

I agree, specially because of the lack of subtitles it’s very useful to me to repeat the dialog instantly.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

wilco - 23 January 2014 08:04 PM

I agree, specially because of the lack of subtitles it’s very useful to me to repeat the dialog instantly.

Oh yeah… without it, AND without Arthur to translate it for us - I’d probably feel just the same as listening to Ieavan Polkka. Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5052

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I’m glad Diego gave us ten days to complete Atlantis. I found the trap door and found two men. Neither of which seems to be willing to switch identities. Seems I have a lot of work to do. Kind of depressing seeing as more than a few players have already finished Atlantis.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 23 January 2014 07:38 PM

And did we just go back in time to blunder those poor guys only escape option from Atlantis, not to mention destroying all the pots from the potter? Smile

I started feeling bad about that too, but then I remembered that they were all going to die in the alien attack the following day anyway.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 24 January 2014 03:25 AM

I started feeling bad about that too, but then I remembered that they were all going to die in the alien attack the following day anyway.

That’s a good point and at least the potter had one more chance to party!

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The scene of approaching the temple in El Dorado reminded me of one of the first games I’ve ever played - Aztec Challenge!

Oh, and it’s the first time (I forgot it from the first time I’ve played it) I hear about those Nazca Lines - very interesting!

rtrooney - 23 January 2014 08:43 PM

I’m glad Diego gave us ten days to complete Atlantis.

Uhh… it’s five days, actually, though you still have plenty of time to explore Atlantis (and still get a glimpse of El Dorado:

Wink).

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

I just finished Atlantis (yeah I have played very slowly and broken the immersion every now and then) .

for your Qs Diego I m exactly like you FoA and GK2 (did I say that loud) yeah it was the Prophet J.J who 1st introduced me to FMV adventures , I don’t like them that much and I played not more than 4-5 FMVs in my whole ,I always loved the cartoony looking ‘graphics’ adventures.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 22 January 2014 05:02 PM

I have given already 460 dramoi to the boatman

I have a feeling he’s there for the tourists only. Reminds me of the time I’ve been in Venice and everyone was jumping on the expensive gondola ride while you could simply take the water bus. Smile

Did you know that in the Minoan civilization it was used a very specific kind of wall-painting that required if the painting was not up to the given standards, to tear down the entire wall? Makes you wander how the King of Knossos tolerated any failures of not-so-good wall painters in his palace, in ancient Crete…. Grin

On the other hand, that sounds like a more plausible explanation on how Theseus found his way in the labyrinth - he simply crushed his way in:

Total Posts: 4258

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

diego - 24 January 2014 11:19 AM

I have given already 460 dramoi to the boatman

I have a feeling he’s there for the tourists only.

This reminded me of an ice cream salesman I met on the Adriatic coast (in ex-Yugoslavia) when I was a little boy. This guy used to walk along the beach, selling ice cream and yelling: “Ice cream - 10 dinars, sladoled - 5 dinars!”

The funny part is that “sladoled” is the Serbian word for “ice cream”.

I bet the boat fare for Atlanteans was 5 dramoi (or less).

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zobraks - 24 January 2014 01:01 PM

This guy used to walk along the beach, selling ice cream and yelling: “Ice cream - 10 dinars, sladoled - 5 dinars!”

The funny part is that “sladoled” is the Serbian word for “ice cream”.

And THAT reminds me of a portrait artists we met in Montmartre. At first, the portrait fare was something along the lines of few dozen euros, but one of them made the critical mistake when spoke our language Grin Turns out they’re from our country (even the same neighborhood!), so naturally, they had to lower the price a bit. Still, we got caricatures instead of portraits, but it was a good deal. Tongue

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

I know I’m kinda late for the party, but I just found the first time code.

Since this is the first FMV game I’m playing the introductory cutscenes were a bit tiresome and hard to follow on what was going on (especially since there are no subtitles Angry ) so it will take a while for me to get used to it. Smile

If anyone cares to explain me (in simple words) what exactly happened in the first cutscenes, I would be most grateful.

Arthur is annoying as *uck Shifty Eyed, and I’m not sure how much longer will I be able to listen to him, but who knows maybe I get used to his high pitched voice later on. Grin Crazy

But I like the interface so far and the enviroment looks simply amazing Heart Eyes

And just look at this guy: Laughing

My favourite quote so far:

“Gage, help, we’re trapped inside your screensaver!”

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2009-06-26

PM

I’m glad I have lots of coins cause I sure am doing alot of water traveling :0

Total Posts: 505

Joined 2011-01-12

PM

Diego, can we get some more days to finish Atlantis than the 26th? I have a lot of catching up to do, some final exams to take care of as well Meh, and I’m sure some other participants could use a few extra days…

Everything you need to know about me has already been told.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

SweetDalilah - 24 January 2014 02:27 PM

Since this is the first FMV game I’m playing the introductory cutscenes were a bit tiresome and hard to follow on what was going on (especially since there are no subtitles Angry ) so it will take a while for me to get used to it. Smile

You can always access the menu at the very top of the screen and choose “Cinematics” to play already seen cutscenes/messages. As for the intro cutscene, you’re greeted with Agent 3&Arthur;, and then she climbs the windmill only to witness the spaceship approach. After that, you’re shown the attack from an unknown foe on the space outpost. Next, at your command (“Gage, you’re the only one who works here, right?”), there’s a major “temporal rip” alarm, which your colleague traces back in time to a Mediterranean Sea point. As you feel it’s your duty (more than a professional one, but you’ll learn about it better after playing the second part), you urge your partner to reveal the chameleon suit as to jump back in time.

SweetDalilah - 24 January 2014 02:27 PM

And just look at this guy: Laughing

And you know what that means - baldness IS hereditary. Grin

Winfrey - 24 January 2014 03:45 PM

I’m glad I have lots of coins cause I sure am doing alot of water traveling :0

Speaking of which, here’s the “transport” trivia:

- Boat riding:

Apart from JP3, some other games that include rowboat riding as a mean of travel are Secrets of Da Vinci (with similar “first-person boat view”):

The Awakened (with Watson rowing it)

and Monkey Island 2. Cameron Files 2 feature propelling the boat, and in Agatha Christie: Evil Under the Sun you’re riding the “tractor” ferry.

- Balloon riding

Again, I think everyone remembers Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.

The sequence was pretty hard to me, but immensely satisfactory upon mastering and landing. Tongue Also, I think there’s one in Lost Chronicles of Zerzura. Any more?

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2012-08-27

PM

I am pretty sure that Beyond Atlantis had a boating challenge - finding stuff in a Mayan swamp

I’m still wandering around Atantis in JP3 too, but then I just started my replay yesterday. I was tickled to discover that I remembered what I needed to do for the first Time Codes. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top