• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggie Awards 2013

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Doom - 21 January 2014 01:10 PM
Advie - 21 January 2014 09:45 AM

can you count out 10 childish adventures of the top 100 list which are not worthy to be there? , if you do I will change my statement and state out that this game is not worthy! ..

P.S:I got a feeling you’r not even through half of the game, Doom ‘with all due respect!’
P.S.S: There are 100s of great childish adventures I enjoyed as an adult and that didn’t take away their greatness.

This was about recent year - top 100 was made in 2011. I’d count out Samorost 2 and Professor Layton though, but for different reasons Smile It’s just that particular Night of the Rabbit is so sweet and innocent, there’s no thrill for me, even if to goes metaphysical later. I’m not implying the game’s for kids - puzzles are obviously too complex for them, which is even more confusing. It’s like me and game are talking in different languages.

And I currently reached the point where a sorcerer sends you on 4 quests, and the boy arrives back to his normal world through the tree portal. I peeked at the walkthrough, and this part is right in the middle.

Have nothing against games like The Learning Company or Humongous used to make, but then I don’t count them as adventures - there’s a term edutainment for them.

the good thing is that I wont have to change my statement ,the bad thing that I cant oppose you Doom ,as I liked your resemblance for the terminator/GK2 that makes me think you are too fun for me to give this conversation a series glitch. Tongue

Total Posts: 2077

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Advie - 22 January 2014 11:25 AM

the good thing is that I wont have to change my statement ,the bad thing that I cant oppose you Doom ,as I liked your resemblance for the terminator/GK2 that makes me think you are too fun for me to give this conversation a series glitch. Tongue

I didn’t plan to fight anyway Smile Just thought I’d share a few thoughts. It’s a decent game.

PC means personal computer

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

darn! I was expecting some 1st person shooting around here tho *Sigh* Wink

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Hehe, well, I know my forum Smile So
>draw a sword
>use sword on dangerous-looking Advie
It doesn’t work.
>give sword to dangerous-looking Advie
Advie takes the sword and gives you a coin.
>use coin on the next awesome adventure
It doesn’t work… yet!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

_Doom takes the sword back and cut Advie’ head .
_Advie dies reaching out for the last coin he had. Smile

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

The coin glows magic. Advie’s head comes to place.
>Take award
Advie receives an Aggie award for the best puzzle.
>Use award on Doom
Advie crushes Doom’s head with his award.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

now lets see how to get you out of this mess!

Restore a saved game to an earlier event..
>captivate Advie’ head .‘delete all saved games’

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I really hate to do this, but I’m going to post about the upcoming 2013 Aggie awards.

I myself I’m interested to see if they have a separate category for exclusive tablet games (android, ios) or if these are made a part of console/handheld gaming or finally neither of the two.

There are some really interesting ios adventure games for example that are only available for the iphone and ipad that could win some awards like “Year Walk”:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/year-walk/id555916407?mt=8

Anyway, I’m looking forward to this year’s aggie awards.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Oh no, and I was going to type UNDO… But Mikekelly left Advie headless Frown
>Combine Advie’s head, life water and some glue
Advie quickly returns back into shape, like nothing happened. He runs to celebrate Aggie Awards, completely forgetting about his coin. Doom greedily spends it on adventure games and dies of excitement.
Tongue

I’d like to see less popular projects being nominated. 2013 felt like a year of several big names (Beyond Two Souls, Gone Home, Amnesia AMFP, Deponias, Larry Reloaded), with other adventures being left almost unnoticed.

Total Posts: 55

Joined 2011-09-21

PM

Sooo Aggies? When are the nominations coming? Shouldn’t there be some hype by now?

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yep. Soon. (And by soon I mean “tomorrow”.)

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ll be looking for them - got my favorites picked that I hope get an award!

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Now that they have been posted, I see that we’ve had a very interesting year.

“Beyond: Two Souls” I actually bought a used PS3 to play. The reason is a $59.95 collector’s edition game reminded me of the old days with infocom games on my C128 - nice packages with plenty of fun things to play with in the box.

Of course - I bought a used copy much cheaper than $59.95

A major contrast to “Lost Echo” I downloaded on my ipad mini. It was about $4.99 or so. Great game however. Same for “Device 6” and “Year Walk” I liked these games too and they were very inexpensive.

400 Days I played on my PSVITA which has now been replaced by an ipad mini. The main reason is a much bigger screen which I wanted for my main portable gaming system. I really liked “400 Days” although some critics were not as kind to it.

The other games are on my play in the future list, which is very long.

With so many games being released this year, I am already looking forward to the 2014 aggie awards.

Heart

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

I enjoyed Lost Echo, except for the really confusing ending. The devs had said that they would release an update which explained the ending better, so I’m waiting for that.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I also liked the “Lost Echo” and found the ending a little strange, I’ll keep an eye out for this developer’s explanation.

I’m pulling for my favorite for this year’s aggie awards and despite the ending “Lost Echo” is one I’m pulling for.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top