• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Aggie Awards 2013

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

KatieHal - 21 February 2014 05:18 PM

I had to come in and also say thank you for that! Wow! We are just blown away and so so thankful for the support and love for Cognition. A great way to wrap up a big week for us!

And now I feel bad for saying anything.  No offense meant!

I love what you guys are trying to do, I just hope you continue to improve on the execution.

Total Posts: 121

Joined 2011-10-25

PM

It’s cool. Smile We’re very proud of our work on Cognition, but we know there’s room for improvement, and I think we’ve definitely already improved in a lot of areas.

Katie Hallahan
Designer, PR Director
Phoenix Online Studios

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Deep down in the threads there was me (maybe alone) defending the talent of Starbreeze.

Glad people noticed it finally and Brothers won.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I bought a used PS3 just to play “Beyond: Two Souls” and I’m now very glad I did. It got some major wins and it deserves them.

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Brothers won, can’t argue with that, also my favourite.

Cognition sweeping most of the Readers Choice makes me want to finally get around to play it.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

wilco - 21 February 2014 08:14 PM

Cognition sweeping most of the Readers Choice makes me want to finally get around to play it.

Hear, hear…

I’ve been holding out for the possibility of a console release for awhile, but it seems unlikely at this point (sadly), so I should just bite the dust and get it on pc.

Total Posts: 245

Joined 2006-05-20

PM

Kasper F. Nielsen - 21 February 2014 10:42 PM

Hear, hear…

I’ve been holding out for the possibility of a console release for awhile, but it seems unlikely at this point (sadly), so I should just bite the dust and get it on pc.

And for those interested in getting Cognition, it is 75% off for the next day at http://www.dailyroyale.com/

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Advie - 18 January 2014 09:30 AM

Thats how I anticipate those categories
Gone Home /best Story [CHECK]
Goodbye Deponia /Best comedy [CHECK]
Face Noir /Best Drama
The Night of The Rabbit /Best Gameplay
Kentucky Route Zero /Best Concept . [CHECK]
The Night of The Rabbit /Best Music
The Raven /Best Animation
Memoria /Best Graphic Design [CHECK]
ASA A space Adventure /Best Setting
The Night of The Rabbit /The Game “adventure” of year

Only three of my anticipations went well ,but let me tell ,Readers and Staff (and please now hate me before I you read more/continue ).. you suck! ,I ‘m pissed I am sad and disappointed,  not because all my other anticipations went off but for three reasons only ,1st because The Night of Rabbit didn’t get any award , 2nd ,for players following the Jane Jensen name which had contributed at Cognition Blindly ,and if you don’t believe ,let me tell that Moebius is the game of the year 2014, from now and even a year before it happens ,and if I am wrong by then , I will quite adventure gaming and promise to leave the adventuregamers forums and you will never hear from Advie again you have my word for that , 3rd because there is less adventuring at the award winners titles even than cologne in a pissing pit .

Edit: they were four actually .

Total Posts: 1898

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Advie - 22 February 2014 12:14 AM

and if you don’t believe let me tell that Moebius is the game of the year 2014 from now and year before it happens ,and if I am wrong , I will quite adventure gaming and promise to leave the adventuregamers forums and you will never hear from Advie again and you had my word for that

pure curiosity: have you played the moebius beta?

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Just for fun, I’d really like to see a “worst adventure” Aggie. Jack Keane 2 would have been a shoe-in!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Only three of my anticipations went well

My own anticipations actually fared than expected, but I had also expected the worst so there was little room for disappointment Wink

Oscar - 22 February 2014 03:29 AM

Just for fun, I’d really like to see a “worst adventure” Aggie. Jack Keane 2 would have been a shoe-in!

I hope not.

I mean I agree, a worst adventure Aggie would be fun, but I don’t hope Jack Keane 2 is an obvious candidate. I bought it in a recent sale and haven’t had time to play it yet, so I hope it is better than rumoured.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1085

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Brothers won, can’t argue with that, also my favourite.

I may give another shot too,played some when first epi released although have some good gameplay values but completely generic artwork puts me off.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 1085

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

..Readers and Staff (and please now hate me before I you read more/continue ).. you suck! ,I ‘m pissed I am sad and disappointed..

Take it easy old boy we hear you.

I will quite adventure gaming and promise to leave the adventuregamers forums and you will never hear from Advie again you have my word for that , 3rd because there is less adventuring at the award winners titles even than cologne in a pissing pit .

We’ll miss you quite advie farewell..

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

Detective Mosely - 21 February 2014 05:23 PM

The concept of Cognition is totally right up my alley, and I love Jane Jensen as much as anyone, but aside from that one big puzzle in the first game it just didn’t impress me much at all.  Good concept, but bad dialogue, bland one dimensional characters, and awful immersion-breaking animation and facial expressions that made their characters look ridiculous.

A bit harsh, but I do know what Mosely means. Some of the writing (especially for the dialogues) was certainly flawed and the animation was pretty poor at times. However, the general concept, story and music were very strong. I also found a lot of the puzzles effective, though there were a few weak ones. Hence of the categories it won, I also chose it for story, best indie, and music, but certainly not writing - that’s the one which sticks out for me as being not quite right.

Still, as a first commercial adventure from Phoenix Online, it was a great start, and everything that comes back from them (Cesar & Katie) suggests they’re very open to feedback, so the hope that they’ll improve on the areas which were flawed with Cognition is definitely there. If they manage that, then I think they’ll become No 1 of current adventure-making studios!

Total Posts: 7453

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

let me tell that Moebius is the game of the year 2014, from now and even a year before it happens ,and if I am wrong by then , I will quite adventure gaming and promise to leave the adventuregamers forums and you will never hear from Advie again you have my word for that , 3rd because there is less adventuring at the award winners titles even than cologne in a pissing pit .

I don’t believe for a moment that Moebius will be the game of 2014. Last year was not a real good year for adventures, but there will be lots of competitors in 2014. Like the already popular Broken Age and Broken Sword 5. I’m glad you won’t be leaving us. Smile

EDIT: I’m a bit disappointed The Inner World doesn’t do well in the Aggie rewards.

Sometimes, when I clean the rooms, I get a little curious and… erm… you know… snoop through our guests’s stuff. - This Bed We Made

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top