• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Frogacuda - 03 May 2014 08:27 AM

What put people off of adventure games were unclear and illogical solutions to puzzles, which is not the same as puzzles that are simply artificial.

They tend to go hand in hand in my experience, but if Tex’s puzzles are logical and clear then I’ll be one happy backer.

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

Frogacuda - 03 May 2014 09:57 PM

There are plenty of core adventure gamers and even die hard Tex fans that didn’t back and are still going to buy this.

I’m one of them. Mostly because I wasn’t a Tex fan when the Kickstarter happened. I would have backed now.

I actually just preordered 5 minutes ago.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2013-03-13

PM

There will be a live stream on Twitch to premier the game today at 7 pm MDT (Mountain Time):
twitch.tv/cubasetm

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Did Chris Jones have a lot of experience in acting outside of games? He’s actually quite a talented and likable actor. I’m impressed. The way he delivers lines seems very believable. He also has strong facial features and photographs well. I could imagine him in movies or TV shows as a character actor.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

They did a live Q&A tonight with most of the core team (Doug Vandegrift notably absent). It was fun to hear they reflect on the whole thing. I’m looking forward to the documentary chronicling the journey in more detail.

One thing I picked up on is that they said this game is 22-28 hours long, which is fucking nuts. If accurate, that’s way longer than Pandora Directive, and probably twice Grim Fandango. They weren’t kidding when they said two full-length Tex Murphy adventures in one.

You can watch the whole thing here:
http://www.twitch.tv/cubasetm/c/4204927

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Frogacuda - 06 May 2014 10:26 PM

One thing I picked up on is that they said this game is 22-28 hours long, which is fucking nuts.

It would be if it represents one playthrough. More likely is that’s the total length, meaning 7-9 hours for each of the three “routes”. I think I’d lose my patience with a 28 hour game.

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

28hrs & only $19 what a deal

Total Posts: 53

Joined 2010-04-17

PM

Zifnab - 06 May 2014 10:59 PM
Frogacuda - 06 May 2014 10:26 PM

One thing I picked up on is that they said this game is 22-28 hours long, which is fucking nuts.

It would be if it represents one playthrough. More likely is that’s the total length, meaning 7-9 hours for each of the three “routes”. I think I’d lose my patience with a 28 hour game.

no it not the three different routes someone played the game & it took him 25hrs & he still had 3 game days to go

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Yeah, that’s long for me. I had trouble following Pandora Directive’s plot, so I don’t know what to think.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Woot, they just sent out Steam codes. The game is still locked for about 14 hours, so I can’t play it, but woot anyways.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I didn’t get a code…

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Zifnab - 06 May 2014 11:21 PM

Yeah, that’s long for me. I had trouble following Pandora Directive’s plot, so I don’t know what to think.

Well, as most people know, they originally planned to do a trilogy of games to follow up Pandora.

What ended up happening was they did two parts of the trilogy rather than just one, in order to bring the story to a point where they could leave it at a satisfying ending, in case there’s never another. So it’s basically twice as long as they originally intended.

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Wow, time flew. Last I checked, it was two weeks away…now its 10 hours away on Steam. I’m happy as happy can be. Tongue

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I didn’t get a code either. They’re still sending them. I was hoping to play it on GOG, but everybody gets a Steam key, so okay, I’ll play it on Steam.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 183

Joined 2008-03-28

PM

I backed it because it would be DRM, DLC and DDT free. And now I get a !@#$%Steam-key!
I’m more than a little insulted. Certainly not going to play it on Steam.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top