• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Thanks for the update, guys. I’ll sit tight and wait.

I changed the email address associated with my Kickstarter account a few months ago so I hope everything will be fine. It didn’t seem to cause any issue at all for Moebius.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Within - 07 May 2014 11:41 AM

Thanks for the update, guys. I’ll sit tight and wait.

I changed the email address associated with my Kickstarter account a few months ago so I hope everything will be fine. It didn’t seem to cause any issue at all for Moebius.

Just to cheer you up I also changed my email address (back in December) and, as you’ll have realised, happily received my Steam key (where’s me GOG key! (Just for Izno Smile )).

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Within - 07 May 2014 11:14 AM

So has anyone received an email with the Steam key yet?

I got my code early on the morning about 13 hours ago. I happened to wake up around 6 and checked my phone and saw the e-mail. They’ve been most likely been sending out the codes in batches

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

Message from BFG from their FB page:

Ok folks, here is an UPDATE! Steam keys are on their way to the thousands of backers who were eligible for a download of the game. WE are working VERY hard to deliver all of these, so please be patient. We only very recently received the list of keys and our own email servers are distributing the emails to all the users. Thousands have already made it through, and thousands more are coming VERY soon! IMPORTANT: THIS GAME IS DRM FREE! When you upload a product to Steam, there is an option to select whether or not you want that game to use DRM, which we have NOT selected, which means you ONLY use Steam to Download the game. After which point THE GAME IS YOURS. If you don’t like Steam you can close Steam, delete Steam, do whatever you want with Steam after you have downloaded Tesla Effect. I reiterate: THIS GAME IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE DRM FREE!

It’s coming folks!!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Got my Steam key an hour ago!
Can’t really play it until Friday… but after that I have a long weekend to enjoy it.

I’ll be out of this thread when the game is released, paranoid fear of spoilers Smile

Have fun everybody. The day has arrived!

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

Cubase - 07 May 2014 12:39 PM

Message from BFG from their FB page:

Ok folks, here is an UPDATE! Steam keys are on their way to the thousands of backers who were eligible for a download of the game. WE are working VERY hard to deliver all of these, so please be patient. We only very recently received the list of keys and our own email servers are distributing the emails to all the users. Thousands have already made it through, and thousands more are coming VERY soon! IMPORTANT: THIS GAME IS DRM FREE! When you upload a product to Steam, there is an option to select whether or not you want that game to use DRM, which we have NOT selected, which means you ONLY use Steam to Download the game. After which point THE GAME IS YOURS. If you don’t like Steam you can close Steam, delete Steam, do whatever you want with Steam after you have downloaded Tesla Effect. I reiterate: THIS GAME IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE DRM FREE!

It’s coming folks!!

What? Steam doesn’t require games to have DRM? Wow this is news. /sarcasm
Furthermore the reason I think a lot gamer’s ignorance makes them look like idiots.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

Easy there. Many old-time fans of Tex Murphy don’t know Steam and I thought it was ok to clarify that for them. No need to give them crap over it. Geez, man.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Hmm… It seem like the actual download from Steam is delayed.
The announced time has passed and now it just say coming soon, I hope it is not too delayed, as I was planning to play this evening.

Edit: Seem like the status changed while I was typing the above, and my download has just started.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Monolith - 07 May 2014 01:02 PM

Furthermore the reason I think a lot gamer’s ignorance makes them look like idiots.

Yes, because in Steam it’s explicit in every Steam page when a game is DRM-free, like in Tesla…  is there any mention of it anywhere on the store?

Total Posts: 90

Joined 2013-06-01

PM

Game is available on Steam now!

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Download started.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Wow, the last game I downloaded of such a size was Guild Wars 2. Well, that’s the price for glorious undiluted high definition FMV I guess. Grin

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

I just received a new Kickstarter project update (#71) in my inbox, but still no Steam key. They say that distribution should be done within the next hour.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Just started playing, and I have to say so far it is looking great, especially the whole opening sequence. A pity I have to stop to grab something to eat before continuing.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Monolith - 07 May 2014 01:02 PM

No, he’s correct. Some games (mostly retro releases, like X-Com, Commander Keen, etc) that don’t use the Steam API actually are DRM free, and will work, even if you delete Steam entirely. The downside of this is no achievements, no cloud saves, no matchmaking (not relevant in this case), etc.

It does seem like asking for trouble to not discuss this in advance or give people the option, though. It might be technically correct, but it’s not good PR.

I’m at 60% downloaded and I have to go to work. Frown It’ll be ready when I get home, at least.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top