• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The all-things-Tex Murphy: Tesla Effect thread

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

HandsFree - 07 May 2014 04:40 AM

I backed it because it would be DRM, DLC and DDT free. And now I get a !@#$%Steam-key!
I’m more than a little insulted. Certainly not going to play it on Steam.

Apparently they’ve disabled the DRM on Steam, you can use Steam to download, copy the folder, and uninstall Steam. That’s what they say anyway.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Frogacuda - 07 May 2014 05:32 AM
Karlok - 07 May 2014 04:32 AM

I didn’t get a code either. They’re still sending them. I was hoping to play it on GOG, but everybody gets a Steam key, so okay, I’ll play it on Steam.

I prefer Steam, but that seems fucked up, since they promised DRM free… Maybe we’ll get both?

Won’t it also be available for download at the Big Finish site in the Backer downloads section? I think it’s DRM-free there. Still. would have prefered a choice.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

wilco - 07 May 2014 05:40 AM

Won’t it also be available for download at the Big Finish site in the Backer downloads section?

No. They can’t handle the bandwidth, so they’re relying on GOG and Steam for delivery.

I edited my post above; They’re claiming the Steam version IS DRM free and can be run independently of Steam.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Posted at the Big Finish forums: “We had intended on going with GOG keys…but they wouldn’t have been able to get them to us in time.”

I read that as: we will get a GOG key, but not today.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Frogacuda - 07 May 2014 05:43 AM
wilco - 07 May 2014 05:40 AM

Won’t it also be available for download at the Big Finish site in the Backer downloads section?

No. They can’t handle the bandwidth, so they’re relying on GOG and Steam for delivery.

I edited my post above; They’re claiming the Steam version IS DRM free and can be run independently of Steam.

Ok, saw the icon and assumed it would be there but that makes sense.
Cool about only using Steam to download, didn’t even know that was possible.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I think it involves foregoing Steam API functionality like achievements and cloud saves though, which is unfortunate, but I guess they didn’t do that in the first place.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Anyone waiting for GOG key, here’s an official line from one of the GOG blue guys JudasIscariot:

“GOG keys have been sent out to Atlus/Big Finish and we hope that all the backers will be seeing them ASAP. Please keep in mind that there is a huge difference in time zones and that’s why it looks like the GOG keys were delayed Smile

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

That’s good. I think Steam delivery is fine (and I personally prefer it), but it’s better to have the option so as to avoid the negativity from backers.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m so excited about Tesla! Let’s start a new thread to discuss the game with SPOILERS as soon as we can begin to play.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 06 May 2014 10:26 PM

One thing I picked up on is that they said this game is 22-28 hours long, which is fucking nuts. If accurate, that’s way longer than Pandora Directive, and probably twice Grim Fandango. They weren’t kidding when they said two full-length Tex Murphy adventures in one.

Hmm… *does not compute* ... I’m pretty sure I spend well over 20 hours probably closer to 30, on the Pandora Directive on my first playthrough, and I will challenge anyone to complete Grim Fandango in 11-14 hours on their first playthrough without using a walkthrough. So to me it sounds more like approximately the same length as TPD or GF, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

And still no GOG keys Frown  Guess I will have to play it on Steam instead.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Iznogood - 07 May 2014 08:40 AM

No key of any sort yet although I’m continuing to be patient. It might actually work in my favour as I’d prefer GOG to Steam and the GOG keys may be sorted out before too long (world-wide time differences to be taken into account of course). I’m aware that the Steam API has not been included in the download but it would still mean that I would have to create a Steam account which I do not wish to do.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2014-02-01

PM

So has anyone received an email with the Steam key yet?

Pinkerton Road sent me one when Moebius came out a few weeks back, but I didn’t receive anything yet for Tesla Effect. No new messages on Kickstarter either.

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

Within - 07 May 2014 11:14 AM

Pinkerton Road sent me one when Moebius came out a few weeks back, but I didn’t receive anything yet for Tesla Effect. No new messages on Kickstarter either.

Received my email about 30 minutes after my above post. Don’t forget that BFG have limited server bandwidth and have 7,000+ emails to send so, sadly, some people have to be at the end of that queue. Suspect, but don’t know, that PayPal backers who signed up after the Kickstarter finished may well be the tail-end charlies. It can’t be by surname or email listing as both, for me, come very near the start.

Life is what it is.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Within - 07 May 2014 11:14 AM

Yes, I received mine about 8 hours ago, but they are still sending them out so you will probably also get yours soon. There is still about 1½ hours till the game gets released, and we can begin to download it though.

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Jabod - 07 May 2014 09:08 AM
Iznogood - 07 May 2014 08:40 AM

No key of any sort yet although I’m continuing to be patient.

I would also have preferred GOG, but I have nothing against Steam and I’m not as patient as you are.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top