• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play Keepsake

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I don’t want to get yours hope down… but THAT is a nasty puzzle…

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 09 November 2013 08:47 AM

I pressed this rune about 173 times Grin, looking not to miss pressing it on the exact pixel which will, hopefully, do something. The confusion grow bigger with the hint still telling me I need to go to the location where I was standing, and tackle the rune. Grin Am I in for surprise, when only accidentally, after pushing it for few more times I got another location as a hint. But what did I do? And then, I’ve seen that it glows:

He He - Of course turning these runes on, was pretty much the only thing you could have done, while you were aimlessly wandering around... exploring the upper part of the academy.

diego - 09 November 2013 08:47 AM

SUDOKU! But I suck at sudoku! I tried to solve it fast, but failed miserably…

I was thinking more along the lines of the classic eight queens puzzle in chess. It is not completely identical but very similar (and much easier).

UruBoo - 09 November 2013 10:05 AM

I don’t want to get yours hope down… but THAT is a nasty puzzle…

Iznogood - 07 October 2013 06:16 AM

Now I can instead look forward to watching you match wits with the puzzle here at the upper part of the academy Tongue

Naughty

Seriously I will be very impressed if you manage to solve this puzzle in less then 3 hours without using the hint system.

Hell just solving it, instead of having the hint system solve it for you will be enough to impress me, and more than I managed to accomplish.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 09 November 2013 11:01 AM

I was thinking more along the lines of the classic eight queens puzzle in chess.

Yeah, like the one that was in The Whispered World… I solved that one fast, even though I’ve heard some had troubles with it… and as for this one, as I said, it was easy once I put it in the “sudoku form”, like this:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I like the crisscrossing paths screenshot. You haven’t used the map at all?

Impressive.

You must descend from a long line of people with a fabulous sense of direction. (Hunters? Explorers? Taxi drivers?)

I come from a long line of people who are always stopping to ask for directions.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Part 9: “Winter is Coming”

Is this supposed to be a hint? Grin

Oh, not again…

I’m going down, down, down

I could have swore I’ve passed through these corridors already, but these rooms are completely new to me Mini Frown

Oh jolly… another mini-game! Zak tells us who is responsible for it:

Hmmm…

As yet, I’m not sure I understood how this game works. That’s not a reason not to play with it a little bit:

Leaving it for now, and revisiting Celeste’s room.

I KNEW IT! So, fiddling with that device above actually changes the weather! Can’t wait to try out the winter…

Now here’s an interesting puzzle involving flowers with different colors. However, I was playing with it for a minute, before:

on old ghost came back to haunt me.

Another new location I’ve discovered - a workshop!

I know where I’ll be hanging when the Winter comes…

Yet another puzzle, and

You guessed it! Grin Zak, back to the drawing board…

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

I’m glad to see your back on the horse, I was beginning to think you had given up Tongue

diego - 03 December 2013 01:37 PM

I could have swore I’ve passed through these corridors already, but these rooms are completely new to me Mini Frown

Well at least you found them on your own, I completely missed this area until I used a hint to point me to it Meh

I KNEW IT! So, fiddling with that device above actually changes the weather! Can’t wait to try out the winter…

Yeah this was also one of my favourite things Smile
I even made some extra trips back and forth between the orb and the room, just to experience the different seasons and hear Lydia and Zak’s comments.

Oh, not again…
on old ghost came back to haunt me.
Yet another puzzle, and
You guessed it! Grin Zak, back to the drawing board…

I guess I was a bit luckier than you regarding the order I did things in, after talking to the ghost I never got that annoying “You don’t have the proper prerequisites to continue”, well perhaps once but no more then that. It is only now I realised that I must have gotten lucky Grin

Edit: Though in the case of the observatory I believe you are just forgetting something pretty obvious Tongue

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I enjoyed changing the seasons too. I wish there had been a way to show how other students reacted to it.

I thought I had solved this puzzle as well, and got the same message. I wonder if having solved this bit will count once I get the prerequisites? Probably not. That would be…convenient…sensible…easy.  Pan

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

There’s one useful rule I learned about Keepsake - when you’re stuck, ride the teleports until it brings you to a new location. Grin

... You can also run across the school exterior.

I had a feeling art studio might hide something useful.

Unfortunately, I can’t seem to do anything at the moment in there.

Hey, that’s a nice view!

Die Hard, anyone?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

(in Italian accent) Happy New Year from Mustavio! Grin

(I’ve resumed the game, but I’m stuck & clueless at the moment, so let me get back to you Tongue)

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Santa before his hair became white? It would make sense that he was a merchant somewhere first, learning about merchandising before switching over to the gift distribution business.

Now imagining Santa with an Italian accent.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Hehe… Mustavio is a man of (italian accent ON) MAANY talents! Grin

BTW, where does your avatar come from, Becky? It looks like it could from Keepsake. Wink

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

diego - 07 January 2014 05:26 PM

BTW, where does your avatar come from, Becky? It looks like it could from Keepsake. Wink

It’s a detail from a painting of Dublin Castle, painted by a family member while visiting Ireland.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

How long have you been playing Keepsake now, Diego? Are you doing it entirely without hints?

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Dag - 09 January 2014 06:46 PM

How long have you been playing Keepsake now, Diego? Are you doing it entirely without hints?

Not only without hints, but I’m not using the map in the upper part which is worse than not using hints Grin

(actually, I was caught in the Broken Sword “momentum” and wanted to use it to replay and finally finish those games in the series I didn’t before. I played very little in the last few months, and that’s the reason I’m taking the epic approach with Keepsake Grin and not that I’m hopelessly stuck&hardheaded; not to use hints, because I wouldn’t do so if I’m not enjoying the game Tongue)

Becky - 09 January 2014 04:11 PM

It’s a detail from a painting of Dublin Castle, painted by a family member while visiting Ireland.

Thumbs Up Looks great. I just hope your family member didn’t meet any goats on the way. Tongue

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

diego - 09 January 2014 07:05 PM

Thumbs Up Looks great. I just hope your family member didn’t meet any goats on the way. Tongue

So far no reports of “guard” goat encounters. I remember this particular goat myself, and how I once had to cheat to get past it. (Walkthrough)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top