• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Let’s Play Keepsake

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 19 September 2013 11:55 AM

DOES ANYTHING HAPPENS TO WORK IN THIS FRICKIN’ SCHOOL?

He He - I remember that feeling too.
But you are very close to actually being able to start solving all of these puzzles you have found, all you have to do is…. well keep exploring!

Becky - 18 September 2013 03:48 PM
Iznogood - 17 September 2013 02:54 PM

I don’t remember any such foothpath, exactly where did you find it?

The path branches off from the location that, on the map, is called “Oracle.”

Ahh - I do remember this Oracle puzzle and the beautiful scenery from the floating islands, I just didn’t connect it with your description and thought you had found a secret location I had missed.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 17 September 2013 02:44 PM

I just finished watching Howl’s Moving Castle for the umpteenth time. Diego, you definitely should see it.

I will, I promise! Ever since I’ve read Marco Hüllen’s interview where he mentions Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli’s films as one of the main inspiration for The Whispered World, I’ve been wanting to see if not all, then at least 2-3 of the most popular ones.

Iznogood - 19 September 2013 01:20 PM

But you are very close to actually being able to start solving all of these puzzles you have found, all you have to do is…. well keep exploring!

I know know… it’s not that exploring this nice upper-school scenery will present a trouble, but as you can see with me falling behind slightly, I need to grab some more time for a thorough exploration and getting-to-know surroundings. (and I still haven’t used the map for this part Tongue)

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 20 September 2013 06:12 PM

(and I still haven’t used the map for this part Tongue)

Well, using the map would have allowed you to find Celeste’s room and Nathaniel’s office faster, but you have explored about 95% of the area now, and the map actually won’t help you find the last 5%.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Part 8: “Hunting the proper prerequisites”

Can you remember another game where you can actually see the objects that you’re not carrying yet? Grin

Keepsake is not without its share of pixel-hunting: Just when I thought there’s nothing more to do in the office I’ve found the locker:

Uhh… But that’s not all - further exploration reveals some mystery note:

Lydia connects the mysterious orb with her latest vision. What was Nathaniel up to?

Cool little cutscenes.

Zak explains it as some kind of a mage’s game.

Walking across the Academy, once again.

Woohoo! Something that works, finally!

Well, that didn’t last long.

Heading down.

Zak remembers the myth connected to the Oracle:

Yeah, I kinda expected that. Shifty Eyed

BTW, there’s a nice little tune here that sounds almost as Robert Holmes material, and which reminded me very much of Gabriel Knight 1.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 27 September 2013 04:20 PM

Part 8: “Hunting the proper prerequisites”

He he - I actually expected something would happen when you left Nathaniel’s office, at least that is where it happened for me, if I rember correctly.

Until this “something” happens you are pretty much screwed Tongue

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Iznogood - 27 September 2013 06:11 PM

He he - I actually expected something would happen when you left Nathaniel’s office, at least that is where it happened for me, if I rember correctly.

Until this “something” happens you are pretty much screwed Tongue

Ohhh… the owl?! I totally forgot about it, although I did took the snapshot of it:

That was the first time I’ve met the owl again, and:

again in front of the office. I do remember Zak/Lydia mentioning the owl as some sort of Nathaniel’s spy…

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

For Christ sake FOLLOW THAT OWL!!!!

Edit: Oh..wait, did the owl take something from you? I can’t remember all the details, but as i hve already revealed, you nedd to follow the owl at one point, but it is pretty obvious when it happens.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Diego—possible serious spoiler—if you’re stuck and want to try this: Have you been to the Sanctuary Mountain Entrance (look to the top left portion of the map) and talked to a ghost there?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

One of the reasons I love Keepsake is because each time I start the game, I find some new corridor/path Grin:

So that’s what Iznogood was talking about! Grin

Stop that train owl!

Few moments later…

And for all the botany lovers, a full view:

The circlet is found, but the troubles had just began…

And I say hey-yeah-yeah… Ahem… not only the stairways are enchanted, but the ghost appears out from nowhere:

Where’s Waldo Ghost

What awaits, is a lengthy conversation with the ghost of Nightingale with a cheesy, your-typical slow/creepy talking voice. You can ask him more additional questions, but as for now, I’ve decided to check that interesting looking round thing:

If I had a dollar…

I think last night, you were driving circles…

And funny creepy enough, the screenshot capture software decided to bug at this time:

Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 05 October 2013 05:58 PM

I think last night, you were driving circles…

Thanks for reminding me how much I like that song. Kristin Hersh even has a certain resemblance to Zooey Deschanel if you watch the ‘94 music video… Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

So that’s what Iznogood was talking about! Grin

Yes! For me it happened immediately after I left Nathaniel’s office, I don’t know why it took longer for you to trigger this event.

What awaits, is a lengthy conversation with the ghost of Nightingale with a cheesy, your-typical slow/creepy talking voice…

Finally!
Now you can finally start solving some of the puzzles. I must admit that, even if the scenery is stunning, then it was beginning to get a bit… eh… monotonically to watch you run aimlessly around, not being able to solve a single puzzle. Now I can instead look forward to watching you match wits with the puzzle here at the upper part of the academy Tongue

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

And funny creepy enough, the screenshot capture software decided to bug at this time:

Grin

A unique screenshot. Thanks for that.  Laughing

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Becky - 07 October 2013 09:14 AM

A unique screenshot. Thanks for that.  Laughing

Sure - the software did bug on me couple of times already, but this one seemed interesting with the ghost being around and all Grin Confused

And after a one month break - we go back to Keepsake! (Sorry Lydia, sorry Zak Foot in mouth)

You haven’t been paying attention, Lydia - it’s is in the LucasArts game by the name of Outlaws

Hmm… let’s try not to piss the ghost, shall we? Foot in mouth

Let’s see what can we do about it…

Finally, I’m able to tackle this strange contraption.

And this one.

Hmm… at this point, I have no idea what to do with it, but it smells a nasty puzzle business!

At least, I can play with “Let’s change the season!” gadget (brings fresh memories of Chains of Satinav). I wonder if it really changes the weather in that particular location?

Why do I feel like I missed something in the observatory…?

Okay, when I press this rune, it triggers a nice animation… but what about it? (well, I’ll kick myself later when I realize something that had escaped my notice from the beginning Pan)

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

diego - 08 November 2013 07:26 PM

Hmm… at this point, I have no idea what to do with it, but it smells a nasty puzzle business!

Actually that one is one of the… Nah, the easiest puzzle on this level.
Just think of classic challenges in a grid form.

Btw nice to see you are back on the horse, I was beginning to think you had abandoned Keepsake completely.

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Here we go again…

Ok, this is where I used “where to go next” hint for the first time in the upper part. Not only that I was slightly stuck, but having a one month break didn’t help, either. Tongue (but hey, I still haven’t used the map!) I was in luck, because it’s exactly the observatory floor which was hinted as the next location.

I pressed this rune about 173 times Grin, looking not to miss pressing it on the exact pixel which will, hopefully, do something. The confusion grow bigger with the hint still telling me I need to go to the location where I was standing, and tackle the rune. Grin Am I in for surprise, when only accidentally, after pushing it for few more times I got another location as a hint. But what did I do? And then, I’ve seen that it glows:

I failed to deduce the simplest thing - I was constantly switching the rune on/off Grin which is really easy to spot if you pay attention at the symbol, and so when I asked for another location hint, the rune was still switched off, and the game correctly informed me I still need to do something here. Tongue

Ok, time for this little fella… After a few minutes, I’ve figured there’re 4 different symbols, and more importantly - Slight puzzle spoiler: that the lights are triggered with each one of them being in the same row, column… SUDOKU! But I suck at sudoku! I tried to solve it fast, but failed miserably… and then I’ve figured:

Pen & paper - adventure gamers’ best friend! Changing the symbols with 1, 2, 3 and 4, I’ve cracked it easily.

Jenny, I got your number…

Wasn’t there something similar in the observatory? (now, THIS smells a nasty puzzle)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top