• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordzshanethewolf

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Kickstarter Point&Click;: AR-K

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

There is a good interview of Greg Rucka in Kotaku talking about AR-K and Lady Sabre.
He talks about Alicia…
http://kotaku.com/comics-writer-greg-rucka-will-cut-a-throat-to-work-on-504799342

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

AR-K seems to have a dedicated fanbase but it’s not that enormous. There’s still a chance for the kickstarter to go through but I guess we would need volume now, as I bet the current backers have been going as high as they can.

I am actually quite surprised why there isn’t so much hype about this. Do people just argue about Alicia’s sexuality and dismiss the game itself? I wish I knew more people I could promote this to but alas my real life friends don’t really play adventure games and my online persona is not that big.

Those who still haven’t tried out the first episode, do so. And perhaps throw a couple of dollars for that trouble? Wink I’d really like to see episodes past 2.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

They ended up with 40K, which isn’t too shabby. I wish their trailer had shown more actual gameplay to let potential backers know this is actually a beautifully-made adventure game.

I think they should try again.

Update: whoops, they still have 5 days left. Going to be a long shot, but maybe they can still do it. They are at 40k and need 100k.

If they do get funded, how many more episodes does that guarantee?

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

There will be 4 episodes total. Not sure what they’ll do with the second episode which is almost done (if the KS fails that is). I decided a long time ago that I will back this project up (pretty much right away after playing the first episode) and after that decision I prefer not to follow things too closely as I hate spoilers.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

Now is almost 50%!! I think they still can do it. All they need is a little push.
I have done my pledge. I don´t know what is the people waiting for. It is a good game, with a good story, a great writer and nice design…
I really can´t understand…

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

diabolini - 22 May 2013 07:20 PM

Now is almost 50%!! I think they still can do it. All they need is a little push.
I have done my pledge. I don´t know what is the people waiting for. It is a good game, with a good story, a great writer and nice design…
I really can´t understand…

Well, they have nearly 50K in pledges. Seems like they have gotten a very good response, so clearly many people don’t have a “problem” with the game. I just think the problem might have been too high a funding goal. Even Mage’s Initiation only had a 65K funding goal, and everyone knows AGDI/Himalaya. Maybe the AR-K team could have started off smaller and first gotten better known.

Hopefully they make it, though!

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

That they’re at $50k with less than 600 backers is pretty damn impressive, considering that Mage’s Initiation, Asylum and Shadowgate all managed around $120k with over 3000 backers.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Those people really seem to want the game… it has 87 dollars pledge average.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Any ideas on changes they could make to the campaign, if this one doesn’t make it? I want to see them come back and succeed.

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

I have doubled my pledge, like many others, as they say in the comments.
It is a damned good project! I don´t know why they don´t have more backers…

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

53%!!! That begins to be a good number. Why don´t you give it a chance? It´s an awesome game!!

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Ok, I will double my pledge too. Right now I think they should try to get as many successfully funded KS projects to mention this game in email updates. They just need a few more hundred backers.

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

They have said in the comments that are waiting for The Realm and Chasm.
Hope they got it! It is really important to get more backers

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

hey…!! They got the 54%!! That looks a lot better!!

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

diabolini - 23 May 2013 11:12 AM

hey…!! They got the 54%!! That looks a lot better!!

A week ago, I thought they were not going to reach the goal, but… Now, I think the project will be succesfully fund!

Quest1 - 23 May 2013 10:18 AM

Ok, I will double my pledge too. Right now I think they should try to get as many successfully funded KS projects to mention this game in email updates. They just need a few more hundred backers.

I’ve doubled my pledge too hehe.
And I am spreading the word in social media. That’s not the best promotion, but I want to help as much as I can.

Like 90’s NBA commercial: I LOVE this game! Heart Heart Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top