• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady KestrelTimovieManwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Kickstarter Point&Click;: AR-K

Total Posts: 133

Joined 2006-02-14

PM

Laldridge - 29 April 2013 05:47 PM
Panthera - 29 April 2013 05:33 PM

Of course the story is in the game, but what’s supposed to sell me on playing for the story when I’m not introduced to either that or the characters in the promotional material?

You can play first episode and take a look for your own. I think best promotional material is to give us the first chapter for free, don’t you? Grin

http://www.gatosalvajestudio.com/english/

I can’t give an opinion on the game itself, because I haven’t played it, but I can give an opinion on its marketing, and that’s what I’m doing.
I don’t have the time or the effort required to play every single point and click adventure game demo/freebie out there, so I look through possible interesting things by reading about them/looking at the trailers. I’ve backed several games; Lilly Looking Through, Detective Grimoire, Death Inc - without playing the available demo because the description of the game sounded interesting enough on its own.

When my reaction to the perceived personality of the protagonist (not the actual in-game personality or how the character actually is) from the video is disgust, I don’t really feel an urge to try the first episode, even if it’s free.

I play maybe a game a week, if I even manage that, and it takes me some willpower to start up a game. I do not have the willpower to force myself to play something I currently am skeptical to.

I personally think a kickstarter needs to aim as broad as possible; draw in new people and appeal to as big a market as possible, and I do not think you do that by both assuming people have seen the previous kickstarter, and assume everyone will play the first chapter.
There will be backers backing/considering backing without having time to play the first chapter during the Kickstarter.

Edit: I guess what I’m trying to say is that there wasn’t anything in the kickstarter video/information that made me want to go try the first chapter, and that is what I was commenting on in my first post too.
Giving the first chapter away for free is all good, but if there’s nothing enticing me to go try it, it won’t really matter.

I play story-heavy games, watch animation, anime, B-movies, disaster movies, sci-fi movies and crime shows and try to write about it all on my blog: Snark, pedantry and random geekery

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

And once again, Jimquisition reads my mind.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/7196-Boob-Wars-and-Dragon-Crowns

Seriously though—amazingly timely.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-04-29

PM

Lambonius - 29 April 2013 09:28 PM

And once again, Jimquisition reads my mind

Oooooh, Jimquisition… now, I understand everything… an open minded person (IRONIC)
Congratulations for your merits to support female equality. You are doing really fine…

I hope you like this image:

“Alicia: condemned by causing erections in normal people with her big tits”

C’mon! Maleness can continue because of you! Congratulations…
TITS Can BOOBS you read BREASTS this? TITS

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

TO LAMBONIUS & BATHORMAN:

I’ve opened this post to talk about the game, not about your opinion about the tits of Alicia. I think you are hotheading about a theme wich is not relevant in this forum (But I want to say that the Inquisition image is funny hahaha).

So… Can we keep talking about the game, please?

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

I’ve seen a new update in the Kickstarter project.

Greg Rucka with an illustration of AR-K characters… with himself

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/432712414/ar-k-an-old-school-game-with-a-new-twist/posts/466902

I really like Rucka style in the picture Cool  Cool

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2013-04-29

PM

Laldridge - 30 April 2013 08:12 AM

TO LAMBONIUS & BATHORMAN:

I’ve opened this post to talk about the game, not about your opinion about the tits of Alicia. I think you are hotheading about a theme wich is not relevant in this forum (But I want to say that the Inquisition image is funny hahaha).

So… Can we keep talking about the game, please?

You are right, Laldridge… I want to apologize for my heated words.
I will only discuss about the game, instead of idelogical issues. Sorry.

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Bathorman - 30 April 2013 08:32 AM

You are right, Laldridge… I want to apologize for my heated words.
I will only discuss about the game, instead of idelogical issues. Sorry.

Thanks for your understanding, Bathorman. Now, if the rest of the people want to talk about the game, we can continue this interesting discuss without sexual themes.

Lambonius…??? Peace? Innocent

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

We are talking about the game.  About it’s lazy art design. 

In fact, the only ones actually DISCUSSING it have been myself and Panthera.  The childish boner insults have been coming from the other side.

But I’m done here.  I’m not going to argue with children and apologists.

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

Hey… “Children and apologists…” Well, Lambonius, may be you don’t like their opinion but it is an opinion. I have seen author’s comments, and all I see is a comedy.

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Gato Salvaje - 29 April 2013 03:57 PM

Thanks for your comment Lambonius,
Well, in fact, there is one of the girls in the team that looks very similar to Alicia. She is the couple of one of the partners.
Do you copy me?  Wink

Any thought to including labeled hotspots?

While playing on my iPhone I had difficulty interacting with certain objects in the different rooms.

Also, please make sure the on-screen text matches the corresponding voice work. I saw several places where the two didn’t match.

Great job with all the art and animation and changing camera angles!

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Lambonius - 30 April 2013 08:43 AM

In fact, the only ones actually DISCUSSING it have been myself and Panthera.

Well… I think there are another users with a different opinion, and they are discussing through respect.
Me, Diabolini, Gato Salvaje, Quest1, TimovieMan… We all posted contents, and we are discussing and respect different points of view. Don’t support only people who support you. That’s a childish behaviour too.

Anyway, thanks for your comprehension, Lambonius.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Opinion.  Opinion.

I am sick and tired of that lazy crutch.

Sexist?  Nope, I’m just of the opinion that the objectification of women is no big deal.  But hey, it’s just an opinion—you have to respect an opinion.

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

And AGAIN…and again and again and again…

I’m not talking about the gameplay, its story, its tone, the characterization, any of that.

The main character’s visual design is sexualized.  That’s a fact.  How much of a problem you see it as is directly proportional to how blaze about sexism you are.  Clearly the developers don’t see it as an issue because hey, some of their best friends are women!

Devs, you don’t want to be accused of being part of the problem?  Then give your main character cartoonish proportions that AREN’T exclusively focused on her breasts, ass, and legs.  It’s that simple.

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2013-04-29

PM

Lambonius - 30 April 2013 10:17 AM

The main character’s visual design is sexualized.  That’s a fact.

agreed… unfortunately sex (stil) sells

Sega does what Nintendon’t

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Lambonius - 30 April 2013 10:07 AM

Opinion.  Opinion.

I am sick and tired of that lazy crutch.

Sexist?  Nope, I’m just of the opinion that the objectification of women is no big deal.  But hey, it’s just an opinion—you have to respect an opinion.

If you said that seriously, I would respect your foolishness, but not the content of your words. Wink
I understand you want to explain, but I meant that most users spoke and give their opinion with respect, not only you and Panthera. And no one said something like that you are posting.

Devs, you don’t want to be accused of being part of the problem?  Then give your main character cartoonish proportions that AREN’T exclusively focused on her breasts, ass, and legs.  It’s that simple.

First, I’m not ‘part of the problem’ (and I want to be part of the solution), developers are not part of the problem and I think most of users that have posted here are neither the problem. I think.

Second… I am the only one that I’ve seen Alicia’s big, enormous and out of proportion head?
(please, I don’t want to downplay the issue, but I want to talk about another themes. Create another topic if you want to discuss about sexism inside videogame industry)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top