• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

danigarTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Kickstarter Point&Click;: AR-K

Total Posts: 95

Joined 2010-11-01

PM

It’s moving far too slowly, think this one is doomed. A shame because it’s gotten pretty close. I’ve backed it.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

It’s going to be tight. 79 minutes left and a little over 7000 dollars to the goal. If I were the developer I’d just throw in some money myself right at the end (5 minutes left) to bridge the gap, rather than lose 90000+ of funding.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

...and they actually made it! I decided to kick in 20 dollars myself and give the developers the benefit of the doubt, even though in the end they didn’t actually need those 20 to reach their goal. Oh well, sometimes you gotta try some games outside your comfort zone Smile

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Thanks for everyone who pledged, so glad it made it. Woke up coughing my Iungs out half an hour ago and had to stay up for the rest. What a run.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2011-12-13

PM

I almost had a heart attack…
Wow…
May be I can send my CV again…
Really incredible

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think its likely, that they padded the final 7k themselves or at least a good chunk of it. I doubt most of the last day backers are in the generous 115 dollars average.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

tomimt - 27 May 2013 03:49 AM

I think its likely, that they padded the final 7k themselves or at least a good chunk of it. I doubt most of the last day backers are in the generous 115 dollars average.

I’m sure that there are ways round it, but it is technically against the Kickstarter rules to self fund your own project.

It could all still go pear shaped if there are any pledges that fail to collect. They don’t have a lot of wiggle room with the project just making it.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Almost 50% of the funding comes from just 24 backers!

It seems like there is a handfull of people who really wants this game to be made, and are prepared to spend quite a bit of money to make sure it is done.

tomimt - 27 May 2013 03:49 AM

Well if that is the case, then they spread it over many smaller pledges, as the biggest pledge at 6000$ has been there for some while (as far as i can remember).

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2009-08-31

PM

I guess this was a victory for breasts and a defeat for those claiming that breasts are offensive to women.

I’m maybe going to ask my girlfriend to jiggle for me to celebrate Grin

(actually, I wasn’t a backer, but I will pick up chapter 2 when it comes out)

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Whew.  This one was a squeaker for these guys.  I hope it helps with the development of their game!  I didn’t think they’d make it honestly - the 11th hour donations really helped, eh!

Bt

Total Posts: 358

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Iznogood - 27 May 2013 08:45 AM

It seems like there is a handfull of people who really wants this game to be made, and are prepared to spend quite a bit of money to make sure it is done.

Whoa, how did you get this info? From the reward tier list?

I’m happy this made it. I admit to being surprised it got 100K with less than a thousand backers. Guess this shows that it can be done.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Quest1 - 28 May 2013 10:19 AM
Iznogood - 27 May 2013 08:45 AM

Whoa, how did you get this info? From the reward tier list?

Yes
1000$ x 10
2000$ x 3
2500$ x 10
6000$ x 1
= 49000$ from the 1000$ or above tiers.

And i also made a quick check, and as far as i can see, no other game has had anywhere near as high a percentage of the total funding coming from the high tiers. This really makes the AR-K campaign unique.

If we compare it to eg. Dreamfall Chapter, then DC also had a decent average pledge of about 70$, but the pledges was spread out evenly among all the tiers, with a lot of pledges in the middle range.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Makes me think those 24 people aren’t necessarily your ordinary backers. They might even be actual investors, especially when you think none of the 9k or 10k tiers weren’t chosen. Big Finish had a bit similar thing going on with their “money bags” backers, who gave notable sum after certain amounts were reached.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

I’ve read the new update of the project, and they created a new forum to talk about AR-K and other Kickstarter projects!

Of course, I don’t want to promote another forum here ( Spam  Spam  Spam ), so I only give you a link to the update:

Update #21 AR-K project

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top