• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

angelus_04

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Memoria (Chains of Satinav 2)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

this might be my most anticipated adventure of the year. I really liked the first one, its a rare and awesome interpretation of a pen and paper game turned into point and click. Really would like to see some other games try this. A good pen and paper system provides tons of lore and atmosphere.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Iznogood - 05 August 2013 01:51 PM

especially since most of the other recent releases has been a bit of a disappointment for me. (Night of the Rabbit, The Raven etc.) I just hope I’m not setting myself up for a new disappointment, by expecting too much from Memoria.

i believe the Raven could be a disappointment but the night of the Rabbit! in what way you think its ?

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Iznogood - 05 August 2013 01:51 PM
gray pierce - 05 August 2013 05:31 AM

Personally I think it looks fantastic. I’m already completely in love with the music and the more epic storyline sounds like a really big step forward to me. I love epic fantasy and I truly believe Daedelic is capable of producing a decent epic high fantasy adventure.

Can’t wait!

Me too.

This is one of the games I’m currently looking most forward to, especially since most of the other recent releases has been a bit of a disappointment for me. (Night of the Rabbit, The Raven etc.) I just hope I’m not setting myself up for a new disappointment, by expecting too much from Memoria.

I thought Night of the Rabbit was a million times better than Chains of Satinav, and yet I think Memoria could still be good. If they get rid of the snivelling wimpy main protagonist kid, that’s half their work done. He was truly awful.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Advie - 05 August 2013 06:35 PM

i believe the Raven could be a disappointment but the night of the Rabbit! in what way you think its ?

I’m not saying the Night of the Rabbit was bad, just not nearly as good as I had hoped. I think my main problem with it, was that I found the whole story to be rather boring and childish, especially the first part, the second part was much better imo.

Zifnab - 05 August 2013 06:39 PM

I thought Night of the Rabbit was a million times better than Chains of Satinav, and yet I think Memoria could still be good. If they get rid of the snivelling wimpy main protagonist kid, that’s half their work done. He was truly awful.

If that is the case then I have some bad news for you:

Memoria tells the tale of princess Sadja of the faraway-land of Fasar, who once ventured into war to fight demons in the Gorian Desert. Her goal – to become the greatest hero of all time – was foiled under mysterious circumstances. Something had occurred, the girl disappeared and her tale was eventually forgotten.

Five centuries pass, until one day Geron, a young bird catcher, meets a traveling merchant named Fahi in his native forest. This merchant promises to turn Gerons girlfriend Nuri, who has been transformed into a Raven, back into human form. But this favor comes at a price: Geron has to finally solve the mystery of Sadja’s fate.

He agrees without hesitation – unknowing that this will trigger a chain of events that will soon cast a shadow on his homeland and turn his present into a dark image of its long forgotten past…

Apparently Geron returns as one as the main characters in Memoria Tongue

p.s. and I think Chains of Satinav is much better than NotR.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Iznogood - 05 August 2013 07:01 PM

Then let’s hope he’s killed off early or eaten by a dragon or a blackbird or something.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Zifnab - 05 August 2013 07:09 PM
Iznogood - 05 August 2013 07:01 PM

Then let’s hope he’s killed off early or eaten by a dragon or a blackbird or something.

that is a very hopeful thought! ,
hmm .. but then shouldn’t we need to restore a saved or something Sarcastic

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Interesting video about puzzles in the game:

DSA Memoria - Developers Diary Part II

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

diego - 11 August 2013 08:01 PM

Interesting video about puzzles in the game:

DSA Memoria - Developers Diary Part II

That sounds all very interesting indeed. I’m even more intrigued by the video about the game’s story. I like Chains of Satinav well enough but I have a feeling this one’s going to be miles better.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

And suddenly I wish I was paying attention in the German class…

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Dag - 12 August 2013 03:36 AM

And suddenly I wish I was paying attention in the German class…

I wouldn’t dare give a full translation becauseisn’t really THAT good but basically what’s being said is that each chapter in the game is different puzzlewise. The first chapter will feature a lot of magic puzzles. Then the next one will feature some inventory puzzles. There’s another one that’s one big dialogue tree and so on. Additionally the story itself is also like a puzzle. As you collect pieces of it throughout the game and it’s not untill you have all the pieces you really start seeig the whole story. Then they talk some more about how to implement the gameplay into the plot but nothing really new is said there.

That’s basically it.

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Aight, thanks for the summary, Gray Smile

Really looking forward to this title, and I hope they’ll manage to inject some life into Geron’s voice actor this time around Wink

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Developers Diary Part III has been released. This time they talk about the graphics.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I just noticed that there’s actually a translation of the delevoper diaries if you click the transcript button below the screen! Smile

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

You can also enable the English subtitles below.

Also this is looking more and more promising with every new videa. I love the way this game looks. Even better than Chains of Satinav and the fact they did away with the sepia cutscenes is good to hear. It’s not that I didn’t like them but I don’t think they would’ve fit in this more fantasy ehavy title.

Can’t flippin wait!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Memoria on Amazon(Preorder) for EUR 36,99!!
what do you think?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top