• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Memoria (Chains of Satinav 2)

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

Iznogood - 29 August 2013 11:48 PM

I have only played a few hours, but so far it is by far the best game of the year!
Interesting well designed puzzles that are not too easy, great graphics and a compelling story.

Yes, that’s it. Great game, so far…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Iznogood - 29 August 2013 07:25 PM

Or 17.99€ *sigh* when will they recognize that 1€ is worth MORE than 1$ and not the same.
I’m tired of Steam overcharging me just because I happen to live in Europe

That is the main reason why I don’t use Steam at all (heck, I’m not even registered there).
The “always online” prerequisite is another reason, and the DRM in general is annoying, but the money conversion is a deal-breaker for me.
I haven’t spent a single cent at any site that uses the 1$=1€ rate. That’s not only amateurish but borderline fraudulent, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Oh gawd, not that 1$=1€ thing again…

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_value_added_tax

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Also it’s not Steam/Valve that decides this, it’s up to the publishers, Lots of them charge less for various games in €.

But I agree it’s bad, gog.com wins points for forcing to use the same price everywhere.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Kurufinwe - 30 August 2013 12:08 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Union_value_added_tax

Oh gawd, not that invalid argument again… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-11

PM

For me, Memoria is the best adventure game since Grim Fandango, at least. All these sites giving it 8/10 are confusing the heck out of me… and then I remember that Anachronox was savaged in the press and turned out to be one of my favourite RPGs.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Bobbles - 31 August 2013 09:40 AM

For me, Memoria is the best adventure game since Grim Fandango, at least. .

However its hard to Agree but its a great statement all the same i think ... its good we have a new Trademark AG Developer ..

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

aaaa, i need to buy this.. but i still havnt had time to play night of the rabbit.. decisions decisions..

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2013-08-11

PM

zane - 31 August 2013 09:56 AM

aaaa, i need to buy this.. but i still havnt had time to play night of the rabbit.. decisions decisions..

They’re two very different kinds of adventure game. NotR is a relaxing, (mostly) friendly experience in animal town you could play with your children, while Memoria is a pretty dark adventure epic mixed with two unconventional stories of personal development and lots of world building flavour text—a lot like CoS in that regard, only more complex and polished.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

okay iv bought it… now the question is when i’ll have time to play it….

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

For me, Memoria is the best adventure game since Grim Fandango

and you played Grim Fandango six months ago…...correct?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

For me, Memoria is the best adventure game since Grim Fandango, at least.

A slight exaggeration perhaps, The Longest Journey is after all also after Grim Fandango, but it is definitely the best adventure game in many years!!!!!!!!!

And has earned itself a place on my personal top 5 list.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Bobbles - 31 August 2013 01:06 PM
zane - 31 August 2013 09:56 AM

They’re two very different kinds of adventure game. NotR is a relaxing, (mostly) friendly experience in animal town you could play with your children, while Memoria is a pretty dark adventure epic mixed with two unconventional stories of personal development and lots of world building flavour text—a lot like CoS in that regard, only more complex and polished.

They’re not that different. The stories, thematically, sure. But that’s obvious. What did you think of the first game?

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

indigoo - 31 August 2013 05:56 PM

They’re not that different….

Sure they are. Apart from the fact that they both have some magic in them, are adventure games and both have handpainted backgrounds, then they have nothing in common.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 54

Joined 2009-06-05

PM

Iznogood - 31 August 2013 06:14 PM
indigoo - 31 August 2013 05:56 PM

They’re not that different….

Sure they are. Apart from the fact that they both have some magic in them, are adventure games and both have handpainted backgrounds, then they have nothing in common.

And I agree. I acknowledged that thematically, the stories are very different. But they aren’t very different adventure games. They play very similar, they even share mechanics. But both share a great deal of ‘world building’ through text. Perhaps I misunderstood the statement that they’re very different adventure games.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top