• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Memoria (Chains of Satinav 2)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I absolutely love this game! Without a doubt, the best release so far this year, and quite possibly the best game I’ve played in several years. The hand painted graphics are simply amazing, the finest I’ve seen in a long time. Truly inspiring!

The puzzles are varied and not too easy, yet there’s allways enough clues to let you know where you should focus your attention. So far, nothing has been too difficult, illogical or confusing enough to make me reach for a walkthrough. The incorporation of magic spells makes for some really interesting puzzles, and there’s more spells and variations to this element in Memoria, than there was in CoS.

I was never a big fan of the voice acting in Chains of Satinav, but there’s a little more tracable emotion this time around (even from Geron) and I really like Sadja’s voice actress, there’s something Lara Croftian about her, and her acting is quite convincing. Though still not perfect, I’d say Daedalics English releases is getting better and better as far as translation and voice acting goes.

The animations are very stiff, though, a slight bit more polished than the CoS. Still, they’re really the only major con I can find.

I’m currently stuck in chapter 7: I’m carrying a floating crystal in my pocket that prevents me from going back over the tentacles to where I left 1 crystal activated (that I could have deactivated before) I believe this is the last of the 5 crystals I need to deactivate to eliminate Kasim’s energy shield, so I was worried I might had encountered an unintended dead-end, but most likely, the floating crystal in my pocket has a use, after which I could probably go back. Anyone that could provide me with a hint as to what to do?
EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out Tongue I was just being stupid.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m in the middle of Chapter 2. I’ve enjoyed Sadja’s character very much. She surprised me, as did her motivations—and the follow-up in Chapter II to what was going on centuries earlier with Sadja has me intrigued.

I am alarmed at the way Geron is treating Nuri. He still doesn’t understand her at all, does he? Maybe love really is blind?

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

I just finished the game, and I enjoyed it so much I’m almost sad it’s finished Smile The story had me intrigued all the way, and the endings were thought provoking. There are atleast 2 different endings (maybe more, but I only encountered 2), make sure to save when you’re presented with choices in chapter 8 if you don’t want to miss them.

A fantastic game, and a definite contender for AGOTY. A solid 4/5 stars. Can’t wait for the next Daedalic adventure! Smile

Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Dag - 04 September 2013 04:52 AM

I’m currently stuck in chapter 7: ...

He he the exact same thing happened for me, i even reloaded a savegame because I thought it was a dead end, but then I suddenly realised the solution.

Im pretty sure that there are only the two different endings.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Iznogood - 04 September 2013 11:18 AM
Dag - 04 September 2013 04:52 AM

I’m currently stuck in chapter 7: ...

He he the exact same thing happened for me, i even reloaded a savegame because I thought it was a dead end, but then I suddenly realised the solution.

Hehe Smile I was gonna reload a save too, but then it turned out I hadn’t made a save since chapter 5, so I cancelled that plan^^.

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

Has anyone successfully played this using Windows XP? I ask because I was unable to finish the Night of the Rabbit with XP because of a problem with the Visionaire tool and old sound drivers (new ones impossible with xp), and I noticed that the specs don’t support XP. I’d love to play this one if at all possible. What really bums me out is I was REALLY looking forward to this and Goodbye Deponia, but it’s not looking good unless I go to a new OS.

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Like i point out at first view, drawing quality mostly no where near TCOS,simply rushed,
another disappoinment from new Deadalic fast production follows lower quality standarts.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 129

Joined 2010-08-29

PM

notanumber - 05 September 2013 10:52 PM

Has anyone successfully played this using Windows XP? I ask because I was unable to finish the Night of the Rabbit with XP because of a problem with the Visionaire tool and old sound drivers (new ones impossible with xp), and I noticed that the specs don’t support XP. I’d love to play this one if at all possible. What really bums me out is I was REALLY looking forward to this and Goodbye Deponia, but it’s not looking good unless I go to a new OS.

I played through the whole game on XP without any problems at all!!  Laughing

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just finished Memoria. A very nice experience. I admit that I was a little negatively prejudiced towards it, mostly because of the high expectations I had for Chains of Satinav that the game failed completely. But Memoria was another story. Yes, the animation was as dreadful as ever. Yes, Gauron continues to be one of the worst protagonists ever in terms of both feelings and voice.  But the pros are far more than the cons. The graphics continue to be an eye candy (not as good as Night of the Rabbit, but good work nevertheless), the music was excellent. These were all expected. What I didn’t expect was the excellent riddles, both in logic and difficulty, great characters (especially in Sadja’s story. Loved the Staff) and very interesting story. A memorable experience. Not the best game I’ve played in recent years (I can name at least 4 games from last year that I prefer), but surely the best adventure for this year up to now (beats The Night of the Rabbit IMO) and the second best Daedelic game after The Whispered World in my books.

8.5/10

Highly recommended.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top