• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TenNapel - 19 June 2013 10:39 AM
AdorableMogwai - 18 June 2013 09:51 PM

Furthermore I suspect Doug TenNapel might be gay himself, when he speaks in the kickstarter video I seem to detect a very slight lisp.

And this is just an awesome quote. I imagine my robust effeminate expression comes from being cultured around so many artists. We’re soft men.

That is hilarious.  I look forward to Armikrog.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-07

PM

Bonsai - 19 June 2013 12:06 PM

Can’t tell you enough how much we appreciate your support.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TenNapel - 19 June 2013 12:20 PM
Bonsai - 19 June 2013 12:06 PM

Can’t tell you enough how much we appreciate your support.

well that is great Bonsai has always been around with strong(maybe little) but very fair opinions to bring some truthes but also to those how might not noticed or maybe forgotten or do not care enough there was that Member named Quest1 who gave up give his membership here at AG for defending you project TenNapel , i am not saying this to take of anyone’s credits or give another, just to bring a FACT that no one here cared to even ask about!

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Welcome Doug, you flamboyant bigot!  Wink
Can’t say I like your views, let alone think they are something to be proud about, but I’m for sure excited about Armikrog and have my fingers crossed.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Grin ’ what can i do its already quoted there is no escape this time ’ Wink

Shnubble with all the respect in world for you , i know that you don’t like me, i am not sure if reaching a hating point yet or not, but i have nothing against you only i can suggest that i do not understand the paradox of directing a Dev we liked or lets say like his previous work that way! and then say i am proud about his project, what do you think makes him feel better/good is it your debate or your excitement . and what do you think could make him feel worse your debate or your excitement , Creators and their Projects can not be separated from each other (in my book of judgment) .. but i am sure anyway that your post didn’t make Ten happy as much as it let him disappointed .. maybe you were trying to sound fair but i believe you didn’t succeed with that approach, or at least that deleted this ,so the post at the end resulting a Zero Impression .
what do you think?

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

The point is that I can separate the creator and his project and this is basically in the spirit of what Doug said himself earlier. I think he can take it, even if he didn’t get my allusion and thought the comment was rude and unjustified. (Or both.)
It wasn’t my intention to make him happy, my intention was to say exactly those two things I did. (And you underestimate how vain many artists are, a little compliment will get you a long way. Tongue Which is basically another tongue in cheek insult, but it gets really confusing now. Did I pull it off? That’s for others to decide.)

And Advie, with all due respect, I think some subtleties are simply lost in translation and you don’t always try hard enough language-wise.
It’s also true that you get on my nerves from time to time (like i probably annoy some people, too) but that doesn’t mean I don’t like you.  Because, again, I can separate different “layers” of a person. If I think you said something stupid, I might just let you know.
I can say, though, that I appreciate your contribution to the forums and something would be missing if your weren’t around, if that’s of any worth to you. Plus you are opening a lot less threads than you used to, too. Wink

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-07

PM

Shnubble with all the respect in world for you , i know that you don’t like me, i am not sure if reaching a hating point yet or not, but i have nothing against you only i can suggest that i do not understand the paradox of directing a Dev we liked or lets say like his previous work that way! and then say i am proud about his project, what do you think makes him feel better/good is it your debate or your excitement . and what do you think could make him feel worse your debate or your excitement , Creators and their Projects can not be separated from each other (in my book of judgment) .. but i am sure anyway that your post didn’t make Ten happy as much as it let him disappointed .. maybe you were trying to sound fair but i believe you didn’t succeed with that approach, or at least that deleted this ,so the post at the end resulting a Zero Impression .
what do you think?

He’s got the same fingers crossed for the game that I do. We’re united by games (imagine that on an Adventure Gamers site). I was troubled that Q1 got booted merely for defending me, that he was removed by trolling moderators for trolling is typical.

But I have a lot of friends and we call each other a lot worse names, so friendly banter by my ideological opposition is still friendly and I appreciate that. It doesn’t hurt to be called a name, it hurts that such a great game may not get funded… not because of my values, as that hasn’t been a significant hit to the project, but just the normal yawn at another Kickstarter game and the difficulty of marketing without a marketing budget in general.

Tell telling your friends about Armikrog, we’ve still got the last week to push us over the top!

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Thanks Shnubble for the nicee words , i am embarrassed of myself really , i never thought these would come of you ... but then what do i know..

i kinda Busy these days with whats happening in Egypt as i in control (admin for a FB Page) that target gathering people against the brotherhood the 30th of this month… if all go good, i been having a lot of idea to discus and threads to open but i need to put more effort into them before posting, as you said Smile and sadly all my efforts are spent on other things .

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TenNapel - 19 June 2013 04:02 PM

I was troubled that Q1 got booted merely for defending me, that he was removed by trolling moderators for trolling is typical.

Defending you is about the only thing that DIDN’T get him banned, and his banning was not done by trolling moderators either, it was a team decision.
Quest1 had been on close moderator watch practically since he arrived because of repeatedly posting mean-spirited comments and trolling in general, none of which had anything to do with defending you (in fact most of it predated your Kickstarter campaign by months).

Please don’t make baseless assumptions like that.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Thanks for the info Doug. I guess that $900,000 isn’t that high when you consider that most video games being made today have multimillion dollar budgets. Claymation must be very time consuming to do. I’m also glad that you’re trying to make a large and epic game, as it seems adventure games have shrunk in the past years and it’s common for them to be divided into episodes which makes the games a lot easier and less challenging.

I REALLY hope that Armikrog gets funded on Kickstarter, and if it doesn’t, that you’ll find a way to make it anyway. This game seems to be something special, that goes above what most games are, and if it were not made the world would be deprived of this.

Finally, I hope I didn’t upset you with my observations. For a gay man to come to terms with that aspect of himself must be difficult, and I don’t hold anything against you.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

AdorableMogwai - 19 June 2013 04:46 PM

Thanks for the info Doug. I guess that $900,000 isn’t that high when you consider that most video games being made today have multimillion dollar budgets. Claymation must be very time consuming to do.

It’s precisely the man-hours that make claymation (and stop-motion in general) so expensive. Labour costs are massive when working with a professional crew…

But the end-result of good claymation can be sooooo awesome! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 19 June 2013 04:38 PM

I was troubled that Q1 got booted merely for defending me, that he was removed by trolling moderators for trolling is typical.

Defending you is about the only thing that DIDN’T get him banned, and his banning was not done by trolling moderators either, it was a team decision.
Quest1 had been on close moderator watch practically since he arrived because of repeatedly posting mean-spirited comments and trolling in general, none of which had anything to do with defending you (in fact most of it predated your Kickstarter campaign by months).

Tim are you ignoring me , its me who brought out this subject Not TenNapel, and any one can make assumptions he wants and it up to you clarify it, but saying ‘Please don’t make baseless assumptions like that’ is even within your authority, and let me tell why Jackal Banned Q1 because he just can and above that because with all the hassles that had been going and the bad attitude at the thread and as there should have been an example of what would happen to any one who doesnt care Jackel warnings and it has to be demonstrated to the mass then it was Q1 be the example and you say Q1 didn’t Defend Armikrog project….Ooooh come on!! , where did you imagine this or come uo with this idea i had mails telling me how happy they are to see what Q1 standing up for , i said it and i will say it again, i wish i knew there are people like Q1 Exists in this world long time ago.

Total Posts: 461

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Advie - 19 June 2013 05:31 PM
TimovieMan - 19 June 2013 04:38 PM

Tim are you ignoring me , its me who brought out this subject Not TenNapel, and any one can make assumptions he wants and it up to you clarify it, but saying ‘Please don’t make baseless assumptions like that’ is even within your authority, and let me tell why Jackal Banned Q1 because he just can and above that because with all the hassles that had been going and the bad attitude at the thread and as there should have been an example of what would happen to any one who doesnt care Jackel warnings and it has to be demonstrated to the mass then it was Q1 be the example and you say Q1 didn’t Defend Armikrog project….Ooooh come on!! , where did you imagine this or come uo with this idea i had mails telling me how happy they are to see what Q1 standing up for , i said it and i will say it again, i wish i knew there are people like Q1 Exists in this world long time ago.

This is going way off-topic and stops now.

Now Playing: Harold Halibut, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Baldur’s Gate 3, Alan Wake Remastered, Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom
Recently Completed: Botany Manor, Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney Trilogy, Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth, Silent Hill: The Short Message, Under the Waves
Anticipating: Beyond Good and Evil 2
Backing: Asylum

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

yes Dale, its about the project not about that banning issue of Q1.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I don’t think it had anything to do with that. I was defending you as well, but I also heeded the moderator’s warnings to stop going off topic and didn’t continue to troll people. Not that I especially wanted him banned, but I think you’ve got it a little wrong there.

I do kind of wonder if some people think that if Armikrog doesn’t get funded it’ll somehow change your views or impair your ability or willingness to share those views. It seems kind of naive. People sometimes forget the point of a boycott is to affect change.

I am very much in disagreement with both your views and the lack of tact with which you sometimes express them, but for me it’s very simple: I’ll be happier in a world where Armikrog exists than one where it doesn’t. It doesn’t have to be more complicated than that.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top