• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 794

Joined 2003-10-05

PM

I don’t really want to get too involved in this discussion, which is somewhat ironic as I believe I am the one who first brought it up, but I have to say that I find gamers in general to be very odd people in that they would willingly overlook important civil rights issues over something as utterly trivial as a game. I would stop playing games forever if it could bring about equality in the world and I would never look back.

Unfortunately, such a future will never happen, because people like Doug TenNapel will always exist to ensure that equality never will.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Frogacuda - 29 May 2013 01:30 PM

Most of the time, you don’t really know anything about the politics and personality of the person who made the game you’re playing. For all I know, Ron Gilbert could be a neo-nazi, and Tim Schafer could beat his wife. Doug just happens to have gotten up on a soap box a few times….

If Ron Gilbert was a neo-nazi then i am pretty sure we would have heard about it Smile
Anyway i do get your point.

My point is that he has been up on that soap box (more then a few times), and I do hold him accountable for what he has said.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Frogcuda can I ask something: would you buy Hitler’s art assuming he got the money?

How about backing him on a Kickstarter?

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Hitler’s art stinks.

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Way to miss the point. Smile

Feel free to choose your favorite dictator/mass-murderer/evil mastermind artist.

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I got your point, I was just trying to be funny.

If he was really actively doing harm to something I believed in, it might be another matter, you’re right. But he’s just a big blowhard, and frankly I can overlook that.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Not that i do have the right to direct anything and sound as a M0d or an Admin but shouldn’t this thread be more materialistic about the Project and above that Positive ..

i made this thread Should support of an artist be influenced by their beliefs/attitudes?

one last thing (here) bout this subject. it brings out (at least for me) personal opinions/feelings for this gay marriage issue plus the right thing/what should be in an ideal world (the virtue of freedom)  .. ..  so those 2 things can be so different within and can change, easily can make anyone me contradict myself .. lost between what i think and the optimum rights

and that brought me to think/remember that i enjoyed watching Philadelphia/the movie so much (tho personally i am against gays and gay marriage but isn’t that a prove that its the art what matters .. politics come and go (and changes of course), art Stays !

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Yes, let’s turn this thread back over to Armikrog and use the other thread to continue discussing the issues of supporting controversial artists (including TenNapel) on the new thread Advie linked to above.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I recently received the Doug TenNapel Sketchbook Archives (I backed TenNapel’s previous Kickstarter project), which reveals a keenly creative, unorthodox mind at work. The backer updates on Kickstarter for this project were a hoot. The Sketchbook includes a few Armikrog sketches with different krog types. Possible spoiler—just being very careful. Perhaps the most intriguing is Lord Kalhoun the winged anti-krog. I think the game promises to be even more daftly entertaining than The Neverhood.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Zifnab - 29 May 2013 01:56 PM

Frogcuda can I ask something: would you buy Hitler’s art assuming he got the money?

Godwin’s law.

Also, if Hitler was a successful artist then he would have had less time devoted to taking over the world.

I really stopped judging art by the artist’s personal life with Michael Jackson.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

thejobloshow - 29 May 2013 06:28 PM

I really stopped judging art by the artist’s personal life with Michael Jackson.

Thumbs Up
That is the best i heard at this discussion so far .

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

thejobloshow - 29 May 2013 06:28 PM
Zifnab - 29 May 2013 01:56 PM

Godwin’s law.

I’m just trying to find out where the lines are drawn. Best way to do that is work inward from the extremities.

Total Posts: 217

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

Back on topic: I love Neverhood and this looks equally great… but why oh why are characters talking? I love the silent concept of the first Neverhood. It made the game feel unique and moody.

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

In The Neverhood, Klaymen could talk. I remember him removing his head and saying “beep, beep, beep.”

I’ll admit, though, that hearing intelligible words issuing from the characters’ mouths in the Armikrog. trailer was shocking. The voiceovers were good, though, especially the dog thingie.

Why does the game title require punctuation? Are we only supposed to use the title at the end of a sentence? In The Neverhood, Klaymen (instead of Klayman) had a purpose (for a good chunk of the game I thought it was a typo). What is the purpose of the period after Armikrog?

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Klaymen could talk but he only said maybe 5 words in the whole game.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top