• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Remaking flawed games

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I think the name of the thread should be renamed ‘What games deserves an HD rerelease’. lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Heh, maybe I’m just spoiled. Smile Temujin and Journeyman Project definitely aren’t flawed.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Monolith - 13 February 2013 07:29 PM

I think the name of the thread should be renamed ‘What games deserves an HD rerelease’. lol

i see where you coming from but this means Like that remakes from AGDI or IA are not considered remakes or let me say they (at least) do not fit in this Thread/Topic or Independent and Fan remakes are not actually wanted by players (useless) .. Grin

Edit/Explanation: i mean we need really to separate between Flawed Adventure because of the nonstop of designing/programming Technologies upgrades/Updating or else every 15+ years old adventure needs a remake and the Flawed Adventure because of the whole idea that is not compatible with the current generation and timing ..  tolerance is a major reason for considering one adventure Flawed, like i could imagine a game such as Riven (now) Would not get that GREAT Reception like it was back then , i guess players can not tolerate such an Adventure (now) even myself (just as an old AGers) who had finished Riven in 3-4 Months back then and i couldn’t replay ever again (though i tried to several times) .. i just couldn’t. and i wondered how did i get that tolerance (and the time) back then.
anyone agrees on that ?

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

That has definitely changed nowadays as gamer are starting to complain that publishers/big devs are treating them like kids. The industry itself id beginning to come about a new dawn with mature ethics. Look at all of these new First Person Adventure games being released/coming out/already out. Popularity is sky rocketing as technology is finally reaching its proper potential.

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Monolith - 13 February 2013 09:44 PM

The industry itself is beginning to come about a new dawn with mature ethics. Look at all of these new First Person Adventure games being released/coming out/already out..

hmmm
i actually do not see that mature ethics booming (1st or 3rd person’s) .. or i would say it reach not how it was before(far yet) .. i can not exactly tell when it was at its best but i would point out the since 2006-‘07 the curve of Childish Adventures has arisen way up .. yea there are some mature titles even 3rd Peron’s as Cat Lady but nothing still close to Games like Overclocked and 7th Guest or Phantasmagoria yet ! .. but if you mean exactly as you said it

is beginning

then i agree with that,just !

Off-Topic what is your new avatar for (from)i am sure i had seen before but cant remember what/where ?

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

I would love me some Tex Murphy “re-imaginings”.

I’m not convinced the new game is going to fix the stuff I didn’t care for in the originals.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

I just remembered a game in real need of a remake: The Experiment. It had huge potential. The AG review says it all:

The Good: Revolutionary interface creates an unparalleled feeling of immersion; story and characters are well-written with lots of depth.
The Bad: Voice acting is simply bad; numerous glitches impede gameplay; extremely slow pace; non-ending retroactively kills the story; becomes increasingly unpolished the deeper you get.

Unfortunately Lexis Numerique have lowered their ambitions, judging by Red Johnson’s Chronicles. Too bad.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

@Oscar i think The Experiment need more than a remake maybe a total make over, i consider it the most Non-Traditional Adventure that was ever made to an extend you that you start questioning yourself whether it has anything to do with the genre and if its nothing more than just an Experiment ..that failed .

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

and again and i do not count correctly Oscar Ignores me , though there is nothing in particular he can reply for .. but this not the just *Ahem the 3rd .. he even ignore me PMs ..
hmm .. Glad to know that a new name added to the list of who hates Advie.

and all welcome to call me whatever names would like

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oscar - 05 March 2013 07:52 AM

Unfortunately Lexis Numerique have lowered their ambitions, judging by Red Johnson’s Chronicles. Too bad.

Well, they produced the internet game Alt-Minds. Not bad at all and very ambitious. I didn’t finish it though, so I don’t know how it ended. You have to log in everyday and spend time with the game or it loses momentum. I lost interest because I was lagging too far behind.

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Fien - 05 March 2013 01:34 PM

Well, they produced the internet game Alt-Minds. Not bad at all and very ambitious.

So that’s the same team that did Missing: Since January? Definitely not lacking in the ambition and innovation departments, then…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top