• Reviews
  • Games Database
  • Game Discovery
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieVegetable Partywalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Blade Runner is being remastered

Total Posts: 2474

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Here’s a new snippet on what they’ve been doing with the remaster

So, basically, they are at least running the cutscenes through an AI upscaler, which was something I expected. While I do like the smoother frame rate of the upscale, they still have to think a bit more about it, as some of the original texture details are smoothed out in the process.

Total Posts: 2500

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Looks like a great game so far. Glad to see this game getting a remaster after all these years. It’s going to sell very well when completed.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on handheld systems- PS VITA, Nintendo DS and ipad mini.

Total Posts: 89

Joined 2018-08-12

PM

I don’t really like the upgrade I’m seeing on the video, and they still have to show so much more for their remastering work.

I guess it’s technically the minimum they could do and show, considering this is just a cutscene. In-game models, backgrounds and the effect on each other (shadows, fog, lights, etc) is a very different and complex beast to improve upon.

I noticed the cutscene does not feature subtitles. I’m still wondering if (and also worried that) they’ll “borrow” work that we at ScummVM did for UI enhancements, the subtitles and transcript, content restoration, bug fixes without properly crediting the people that did the work.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top