• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #44: Paradigm

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now got to Olof’s lair! I found the trickiest part was realising I had to get rid of that annoying heater & then trying to lure it to it’s demise!  Laughing

Total Posts: 2993

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I’m almost there! I’m out of the Huge Olaf head door! Just another 7000 clicks to go (I’m doing it! I’m serious!)

Has anyone else talked to the Lich King in the Dungeon? Or traveled into the Lobby’s mousehole? The game is full of optional surprises! Smile

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Packed with extras, the Steam achievements seem to be some clues to the optional surprises.
Do let us know what happens if you reach those 10000 clicks.
Don’t know why but the Belly Slappin audio tape got me good

Total Posts: 5601

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

it took me a while, but I got rid of the water heater and opened the lock to the sloth’s head.  I’m now waiting in the lair to continue.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok! I’m done too!
After 10000 clicks, the Olaf head thanks me for generating enough revenue through advertising clicks and announces that the final chapter is now unlocked (door unlocks, head opens).

THAT’s what I call hardcore point’n click playing ladies and gentlemen!  Naughty

(was the puzzle to enter a good one? I have literally no idea. Tongue )

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Heh.  I’m glad you did the clicks, Sefir.  The puzzle solution involved a phone call to the church.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i announced you Sefir, the ultimate point n clicker around here, way to go Sefir! Thumbs Up

NOW LETS GET IT OVER WITH!...   for whom who haven’t yet had it done FINISH IT GUY!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve now finished the game & I love the way it ended! Also it was a nice touch on the way the credits were presented.
The game started off being a little too weird & wacky for my taste but it grew on me! It was very entertaining, the graphics are gorgeous & I ended up almost wanting to adopt Paradigm - such a sweet gentle child!  Laughing

Sefir - Thumbs Up for persevering with all of those clicks - I started, got to about 900 being left & then the thought came that my time would be better used doing some housework so I decided to avoid that by following the puzzle route!

Thank you Advie for leading this very nice playthrough!    Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

chrissie is the only one finished the game?

how about the rest of the community? LadyKestrel, Sefir. Wilco?

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I just finished the game too!

I watched all endings. The glam metal world leader one was possibly my favourite! Smile

The actual ending wasn’t bad either. Tongue

In general, Paradigm was a game that I really enjoyed. The graphic style was a little strange at first, but I quickly became familiar with it and Paradigm’s world in general. The puzzles were not hard and nicely implemented within the storyline - nothing felt forced. The humour was mostly good. Not always on the spot, but good at the majority of the times. The tonnes of different comments and interactions throughout the game was a big +. Lastly, I liked Paradigm’s character. He really had personality! Can’t say the same for the rest of the cast (even Olaf) and i feel they could exploit that in possible sequels. The world of Kurtzk (or whatever was called) has lots of potential from storybuilding aspect.

Thanks Advie for leading the playthrough! It was a blast! Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I finished the game, too, with the actual ending, which I loved.  I’ll have to go back and try the others.

Thank you for the fun, Advie!

Edit:  I went back and tried all the endings.  Fun stuff!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Sefir - 09 November 2017 05:24 PM

Thanks Advie for leading the playthrough! It was a blast! Smile

well, THANK YOU.
And since you have taken CPTs as your exclusive ‘Sefir’appearances i am happy i was with on this, i really. miss sefir comments and their different delicate but yet strong to the point.

————————————————

and THANKS, Lady Kestrel FOR JOINING IN, WHEREVER I FIND YOU I FEEL SAFE… THAT NO ONE CAN POINT A FINGER AT ME AND ACCUSE ME OF ANYTHING as long as you are there Wink  Heart

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Only Spoilers for whomsoever did not play and finish Paradigm

I summarized the whole game thru 10 puzzles, firstly; most of these shots are representing a last ‘click’ for a long series of sequences mostly consists of smaller puzzles
Secondly; shots for very simple puzzles, but they are too awesome to be left behind.

there are around 5-6 puzzled i could not be nominated/feature with those amazing collection of Paradigm, like sticking your hand and with some sticky candy to reach the Swiss instant man. or get the call to the maintenance guy of the elevator code. or the one at the early part of the game; mixing vodka with ethanol at your dog bpwl to get rid of your dog...etc

you can trust me with me with those choices .

i would like each of you pick his best puzzle of the
even if it wasn’t of complicated ones like that silly shot
of BOOSTING THUGS and ‘HAIL SATAN’ lol.

My fav puzzle is the languages puzzle and getting to make Paradigm able to pronounce English and also get to know you are able clone Paradigm, 3 times… then use yourself with the three other 3 Paradigm clones to destroy the translator and being able to speak English… Use big floppy on the computer to Escape the Room.
i think this is one the most recent original puzzles made, esp the part when Paradigm explore the room (before knowing about the ability to cloning) and on each part (for me) he speaks gibberish and tho the subtitles are still apparent i could make out any thing of what he was saying.. it was realy driving me nuts, like ‘WHAT HELL IS THIS ROOM,  AND WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO HERE’
i give this puzzle 5/5

P.S: i did not number those shots intentionally, because i guess the five of us still remember the story behind each of those shots quite well and fresh

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

WOW YOU GUYS!  i went thru the WHOLE game again to capture and remember each efficient puzzle at the game. i thought i might be interesting, as this game puzzle system is one of a kind and let me tell there was never an easy AG (like Paradigm) and still entertaining as this game, i say for Devs you need to study this game, and come up with similar adventure games and stop making those invading interactive movies, that ttg had ruled the gaming industry with.

Paradigm puzzles and and elevation and needs to be considered .

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

My favourite puzzle in the game, was easily the “Virtual Reality” IT room.

Unusual, with strange concept, had its own logic and yet provided hillarious moments.
(the “combine the scientist” chapter was perhaps my favourite too puzzlewise)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top