• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New guy on the block looking for mature adventures

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2017-10-11

PM

Hi everyone!

To make this short, I’m currently playing Until Dawn on my PS4, and it just struck me that I’m enjoying the hell out of it. In fact, I haven’t had this much fun in a game for quite a while. The “mainstream” games that keep coming out every year just doesn’t do it for me anymore. I don’t care about the characters, the dialogue is as bad as your run-of-the-mill Marvel/DC comics movie and it’s mostly about spraying thousands of bullets into as many anonymous enemies.

I got to play Whispered World and Book of Unwritten Tales a bit. While they have wonderful art, I found the dialogue and script a little bit too kid-friendly.

So, is there any games you can recommend to me where there are a lot of violence, sex, profanity and just a general realistic and mature story?

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Heavy Rain is the first thing that springs to mind as having the grit you’re after.

It has some quick-time events which you’ll probably enjoy but it’s very light on puzzles (they might be non-existent).

Anything by Jensen (Gabriel Knight series, Grey Matter, Cognition) I would consider adult, but they all have a supernatural bent, there’s not much in the way of sex and they’re puzzle-heavy.

Still Life is violent (indirectly) but doesn’t have any sex. In fact, the only sexual content I can think of is something brief in Phantasmagoria and obviously some fun in the Leisure Suit Larry series.

Do you like the puzzle side of things and are you interested in first-hand violence?  The latter is a category I’m unfamiliar with unless I’m playing Battlefield.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sabre91 - 11 October 2017 11:03 AM

So, is there any games you can recommend to me where there are a lot of violence, sex, profanity and just a general realistic and mature story?

Harvester, heavy Rain, Fahrenheit, Grey matter, Phantasmagoria 2 and upcoming game on PS4 is by Until dawn guys Hidden Agenda

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I also suggest Heavy Rain. If you liked Until Dawn, you will definitely enjoy it. Same type of gameplay and a mature story. The Walking Dead also fits that bill if you don’t mind some zombies, though the game like the TV show is more about human interaction and behavior in a catestrophe than it is about a Zombie appocalypse.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

So a “lot of violence, sex and profanity” is considered a mature adventure? Foot in mouth

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

diego - 11 October 2017 05:06 PM

So a “lot of violence, sex and profanity” is considered a mature adventure? Foot in mouth

Such elements definitely get mature rating for both games and films

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

dumbeur - 11 October 2017 12:03 PM

Heavy Rain is the first thing that springs to mind as having the grit you’re after.

It has some quick-time events which you’ll probably enjoy but it’s very light on puzzles (they might be non-existent).

Anything by Jensen (Gabriel Knight series, Grey Matter, Cognition) I would consider adult, but they all have a supernatural bent, there’s not much in the way of sex and they’re puzzle-heavy.

Still Life is violent (indirectly) but doesn’t have any sex. In fact, the only sexual content I can think of is something brief in Phantasmagoria and obviously some fun in the Leisure Suit Larry series.

Do you like the puzzle side of things and are you interested in first-hand violence?  The latter is a category I’m unfamiliar with unless I’m playing Battlefield.

Definitely second the Gabriel Knight recommendation.

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

diego - 11 October 2017 05:06 PM

Immature, more like Crazy

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

For the love of all that’s unholy, play Sanitarium.  Thumbs Up

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2013-09-05

PM

Henke - 12 October 2017 04:23 PM

For the love of all that’s unholy, play Sanitarium.  Thumbs Up

You beat me to it, Henke. I was going to suggest Sanitarium and I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream.

Total Posts: 1238

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Without any doubt, The Cat Lady. Very disturbing.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

walas74 - 12 October 2017 06:27 PM

Without any doubt, The Cat Lady. Very disturbing.

Oh wow, great call.  As is Sanitarium.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Since you have a PS4, I’d recommend Detroit Becomming Human when it gets released. The trailers are simply amazing.

I would also recommend Dreamfall: Chapters as well.

There are some great PS4 adventure games out there - you might even like Danga Ronpa too.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top