• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 359

Joined 2012-02-16

PM

I don’t care much either way but this is a funny way to do things and goes against past practices in the CPT voting. So if those who want to play the second-ranked game raise enough of a stink about voting “irregularities”, that game too wins? This would only make future votes even more unmanageable.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

I would like to register my disgust in the strongest terms that the heinous crime of making a little joke which did not affect the outcome of the vote in any way has only caused 4 pages of stupid tantrums and name calling. I personally will be reporting wilco to the all the police forces in the world and pressing for a minimum of life imprisonment, or the death penalty if I can get the case heard somewhere where they still have it.

After all, what could be more important in life than the order in which the community voluntarily play through games made solely for entertainment and how dare anyone try and insert a little humour into forum life - we don’t come here to have fun you know.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TerminusEst - 12 October 2017 12:52 AM

I don’t care much either way but this is a funny way to do things and goes against past practices in the CPT voting. So if those who want to play the second-ranked game raise enough of a stink about voting “irregularities”, that game too wins? This would only make future votes even more unmanageable.

Agree - It is not like we actually need more incitements for trolling, sabotage and childlike tantrums in this thread.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Oscar - 11 October 2017 11:34 PM

It’s awkward. Perhaps unfair on Advie to put him under pressure to get his playthrough done quickly.

It was just an idea—an attempt to find some common ground.
I wasn’t suggesting that Advie try to rush through his playthrough.
He should take all the time he needs for it—same as any other playthrough.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Paradigm has gotten some amazing reviews and deserves the win.

I would have lead Shardlight if it came to that.

I say let the vote stand and in the next round of votes if Freddy wins play it then.

Shardlight is an amazing game and I will nominate it again.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

The very enjoyable playthrough for Paradigm has now concluded so what next?
Post your nominations here!  Laughing

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2012-12-22

PM

Police Quest 1 Smile

Story rich DRM-free games for Windows, Mac and linux for direct download - https://fireflowergames.com/. Half the profit goes to projects that benefit the environment and game related projects.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Shardlight!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Nominations so far:

Police Quest 1 (1) - FireFlower
Shardlight (1) - dumbeur

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

Thank you. Smile

My previous post may have seemed a little abrupt.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Since the thread on the forum intrigued me I would like to suggest Thaumistry: In Charm’s Way Smile

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

cyfoyjvx - 23 November 2017 05:08 AM

Since the thread on the forum intrigued me I would like to suggest Thaumistry: In Charm’s Way Smile

It’s a very enjoyable modern “old school” text adventure. But in the past we always played text adventures together here, with all participants posting commands and the leader posting the game’s responses. More like a Let’s Play Together. See https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2112/ for links to previous playthroughs.

Since Thaumistry was only recently released it would be kind of cheating IMO if we played it together, when only the leader owns the game. It’s not freeware. If enough people are interested, which I doubt, I’d be willing to lead a Thaumistry playthrough where everybody plays the game on their own, just like in the graphical adventure playthroughs.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Nominations so far:

Shardlight (1) - dumbeur
Thaumistry: In Charm’s Way* (2) - Karlok (leader), cyfoyjvx

Karlok - 23 November 2017 07:36 AM

It’s a very enjoyable modern “old school” text adventure. But in the past we always played text adventures together here, with all participants posting commands and the leader posting the game’s responses. More like a Let’s Play Together. See https://adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/2112/ for links to previous playthroughs.

Since Thaumistry was only recently released it would be kind of cheating IMO if we played it together, when only the leader owns the game. It’s not freeware. If enough people are interested, which I doubt, I’d be willing to lead a Thaumistry playthrough where everybody plays the game on their own, just like in the graphical adventure playthroughs.

I’ve obviously included Thaumistry in the voting as it was put forward but are you saying Karlok that if anyone is interested would it be better to approach it separately via the ‘Let’s Play Together’ idea?  Smile

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There’s been some interest so far for another Community Playthrough & would suggest that nominations & voting are open for the next couple of weeks & close on Thursday December 7th?

I’m going to nominate another game deeply flawed along with frustrating loading screens but everything’s doable! Non-the-less it would have been otherwise a most excellent AG which is St Christopher’s School Lockdown & I will offer to lead.

Nominations so far:

Thaumistry: In Charm’s Way (2) - Karlok (leader), cyfoyjvx
Shardlight (1) - dumbeur
St Christopher’s School Lockdown (1) - chrissie (leader)

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

chrissie - 23 November 2017 08:01 AM

I’ve obviously included Thaumistry in the voting as it was put forward but are you saying Karlok that if anyone is interested would it be better to approach it separately via the ‘Let’s Play Together’ idea?  Smile

I don’t know. I guess not.

Another vote for St Christopher’s School Lockdown.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top