• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Stonewall Penitentiary

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Apparently the full game will release later in the year & there is now a demo available:

Stonewall Penitentiary Demo

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

chrissie - 13 July 2017 10:56 AM

Apparently the full game will release later in the year & there is now a demo available:

Stonewall Penitentiary Demo

Have you had a chance to play the demo yet chrissie? I played it last night, I like the new engine. It has a nice feel of point ‘n click adventure meets interactive fiction/visual novel.

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve played a little Sir Beardalot but need to play a little more before commenting when I’m free to do so - I will get back!  Smile

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

This is really exciting! I have been waiting for this game since it was announced (must have been around 2012?) Grin

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

If by “around 2012” you actually mean 2005, then yes. (Or 2006, when it got its current title.)

Do you feel old now? Tongue

Total Posts: 294

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Jackal - 14 July 2017 02:40 PM

If by “around 2012” you actually mean 2005, then yes. (Or 2006, when it got its current title.)

Do you feel old now? Tongue

Oh wow, I always thought it must have been after The Filmmaker since that was their last game!

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

Interesting that some of the screens look to have fullscreen images. I was not sure if the engine used in the other remakes was capable of doing that, and I am glad it is.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

The engine was, in the developer’s words, “completely recreated from the ground up” since the last game.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Jackal - 15 July 2017 07:01 AM

The engine was, in the developer’s words, “completely recreated from the ground up” since the last game.

I really liked what Storycentric Worlds did with Lifestream, Shady Brook & The Filmmaker to present them in the IF style so I was quite surprised on playing the demo for SP that it wasn’t quite the same format but I liked that the images were full-screen!

Sir Beardalot - 13 July 2017 09:45 PM

Have you had a chance to play the demo yet chrissie? I played it last night, I like the new engine. It has a nice feel of point ‘n click adventure meets interactive fiction/visual novel.

I’ve now finished the demo Sir Beardalot & agree that the new engine does give that nice feel!
Even more exciting is that on discovering the theme I’m wondering whether the extra bonus part of Shady Brook, + also The Filmmaker (I didn’t finish with enough points to access that one unfortunately) are significant i.e. is the woman actually Kate Ekan from Shady Brook?

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

chrissie - 15 July 2017 02:02 PM

I’ve now finished the demo Sir Beardalot & agree that the new engine does give that nice feel!
Even more exciting is that on discovering the theme I’m wondering whether the extra bonus part of Shady Brook, + also The Filmmaker (I didn’t finish with enough points to access that one unfortunately) are significant i.e. is the woman actually Kate Ekan from Shady Brook?

I was thinking the same thing! Definitely excited to see how the bonus scenes fit/play out in Stonewall Smile

BTW, Here’s a link that gives full details of everything in each game including the bonus scenes. http://www.storycentricworlds.com/codex.html

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top