• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzSpeedBo

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Disappointing year for adventure games?

Total Posts: 285

Joined 2017-01-12

PM

2017 is proving to be a dud so far. Okay, so 2016 was the best year we had since the 90s so are my expectations too high? I don’t think so. There have been a handful of ag’s worth playing and nothing else worth mentioning, when last year it seemed like a great game was coming out every few weeks.

What do you think?

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

People always go on about good or bad years, but for me it doesn’t matter. I rarely play games when they get released, with the exception of Kickstarted games.

So even if there are only a few good games released this year, there will always be plenty waiting for me.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Thimbleweed Park and Wilson’s Heart have both been pretty great. I’m really looking forward to Lone Echo next week as well, which looks to be pretty adventure/puzzle oriented.

But I do feel like we got a wave of nostalgia-oriented adventure games following Double Fine’s KS for a few years, and now that’s pretty much totally subsided (unless SpaceVenture ever comes out). What’s left are more new-school adventures; walking simulators, VR adventures, and crossover games.

AG needs to get on their shit and cover some of the VR games like Wilson’s Heart and The Gallery, though.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It’s only July, so I’ll wait until January before I decide if it’s a good or bad year for adventure games.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Frogacuda - 15 July 2017 10:41 AM

AG needs to get on their shit and cover some of the VR games like Wilson’s Heart and The Gallery, though.

Feel free to donate us the gear. We’ll be all over it. Wink

Total Posts: 208

Joined 2014-01-27

PM

I disagree heavily with this statement. In my opinion, it seems like it’s been a pretty good year for adventure games, with Thimbleweed Park and Paradigm both being released. (Neither of which I’ve played yet but have heard very good things about)

“Look behind you, a three-headed monkey!”- Guybrush Threepwood

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Maybe but it needs not to be covered here & more appropriately in the General thread if anywhere although the kit’s very expensive so perhaps worthy of a an additional category in addition to Adventure & General so a category of it’s own????????

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Thimbleweed Park was great, and on the less traditional side so were The Sexy Brutale and The Infectious Madness of Dr Dekker. Though I haven’t played it myself, Blackwood Crossing seems to be pretty good too, and I’m looking forward to Lady Layton (also on mobile) and Danganronpa 3 (also on pc) coming out soon.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Seems like every year halfway through it feels a little slow and then by the end 5+ more good games come out and we’ve got more good games than time to play them.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Jackal - 15 July 2017 11:52 AM

Feel free to donate us the gear. We’ll be all over it. Wink

Oculus was handing them out to anyone with a YouTube channel last year.

But if you ever want me to write something, hmu.

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

I refuse to judge this year’s output before Christmas.

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

Frogacuda - 16 July 2017 11:03 PM

But if you ever want me to write something, hmu.

Consider yourself hit up! (See PMs.)

Shame we missed out on the giveaway. This is the first I’ve ever heard of such a thing.  Meh

Total Posts: 260

Joined 2014-12-25

PM

There’s still hope. King Art has announced Black Mirror 4. We’ll get a new protagonist with some Lovecraft inspired nightmares this November.

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

You can tell it’s a slow year when no one is talking about any games on the forum. Only kick starters and walking sims.

Total Posts: 419

Joined 2003-09-12

PM

The Sexy Brutale and Paradigm is two of the best games I’ve played in a very long time. Add the final episode of The Dream Machine to the list combined with the fact that the year isn’t over yet and I believe you couldn’t possibly be more wrong.

NP: A Link Between Worlds, Beneath a Steel Sky and Vampyr

Total Posts: 355

Joined 2017-03-09

PM

Henke - 20 August 2017 11:15 AM

The Sexy Brutale and Paradigm is two of the best games I’ve played in a very long time. Add the final episode of The Dream Machine to the list combined with the fact that the year isn’t over yet and I believe you couldn’t possibly be more wrong.

So why isn’t anybody talking about them? Maybe you are the only person who thinks so

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top