• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

The Blackwell series. Yes! Add my vote. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

walas74 - 26 April 2022 03:02 PM

I will vote for Vegetable Party. It’s a win-win hahaha

A vote for the Vegetable Party is a vote for progress! Together with our allies in the Tentacle Liberation Army, we will strive to secure a future for humankind. I’m sure we’ll find a use for you.

Total Posts: 5621

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #72 will end on Sunday, May 1, 2022.

Blackwell series (5) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Lady Kestrel, Millenia, TimovieMan
Gemini Rue (5) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Chrissie, Lady Kestrel, Advie

Syberia: The World Before (4) - Sylv, PlanetX, Chrissie, Rtrooney

Puzzle Bots (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie, Doom
Return of the Phantom (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie, Charophycean

Inspector Waffles (2) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

nice to see Advie on board for Gemini Rue! I am curious about the perspective of a Blade Runner aficionado.

The Blackwell Series would have the advantage of having multiple installments. People could join in if there’s a particular part of the series they’d like to revisit, or haven’t played yet.

Syberia needs one more vote and we have a three game tie.  Cool

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Gemini Rue is everything Bladerunner is and more..

The Atmosphere, is the first thing you can recognize, tho GR tends to go far beyond BR timeline as a kinda successor, we see more damage and more tough post-apocalyptic conditions.

The Design is very similar but in a pixeled mode to the 97 games, from buildings to clothes..etc, but its more ground featured than BR, as it doesn’t usually take place on skyscrapers, roofs, or flying Spinner

The Story is quite different, but it holds the same line and curve… fair to leave to that

The Gameplaying doesn’t hold many interactions with gadgets as BR, but there are quite a few as well to deal with
Even the shooting parts are there, but better established than BR, with a processing difficulty; as near the end you are really feeling quite good at

The Music holds the same essence but I like now GR music more than I ever liked BR with the expectation of the ‘Blues theme’, which is unmatched at GR or anywhere else

-the part which is very weak at GR, is the hotel part, where you have to check every single door there, but its not that bad, when finding out you don’t need to go back forth with them, which could feel also a bit rewarding after you reach your goal there.

BR and GR are near* perfect adventures but on the overall gaming quality between the two and adventuring sophistication, BR can score 4.5, while GR only 4

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Vegetable Party - 27 April 2022 02:08 PM

Syberia needs one more vote and we have a three game tie.  Cool

Would be nice to get into a playoff. But, of all the people participating on the Syberia thread, only one, crissie, is a voter for one of the leading games. I won’t be participating since I didn’t like either of the two leading games.

I’ll happily slog through on the Syberia thread. Posting notes of progress and asking for help along the way. I can easily live with S4 not being the chosen game. It’s actually quite common for a game to have a clear lead, only to lose when another game is nominated at the end which garners enough voters to overtake.

I wonder if there is a way to consolidate the last four voting recaps of prior CPT votes. I think many would show a leader in the fourth from last vote. A new game gets nominated in the third or second from last vote, and it ends up winning.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 1688

Joined 2015-07-01

PM

Advie - 27 April 2022 06:55 PM

The Atmosphere, is the first thing you can recognize, tho GR tends to go far beyond BR timeline as a kinda successor, we see more damage and more tough post-apocalyptic conditions.

The Design is very similar but in a pixeled mode to the 97 games, from buildings to clothes..etc, but its more ground featured than BR, as it doesn’t usually take place on skyscrapers, roofs, or flying Spinner

The Story is quite different, but it holds the same line and curve… fair to leave to that

The Gameplaying doesn’t hold many interactions with gadgets as BR, but there are quite a few as well to deal with
Even the shooting parts are there, but better established than BR, with a processing difficulty; as near the end you are really feeling quite good at

The Music holds the same essence but I like now GR music more than I ever liked BR with the expectation of the ‘Blues theme’, which is unmatched at GR or anywhere else

-the part which is very weak at GR, is the hotel part, where you have to check every single door there, but its not that bad, when finding out you don’t need to go back forth with them, which could feel also a bit rewarding after you reach your goal there.

BR and GR are near* perfect adventures but on the overall gaming quality between the two and adventuring sophistication, BR can score 4.5, while GR only 4

Im of the opposite opinion on everything except puzzles. Gemini rue is a fine game, but cant hold a candle to the blade runner game to me in any form of fashion other than having actual puzzles.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Advie - 27 April 2022 06:55 PM

Interesting, definitely got me hyped to play this game again. Especially the atmosphere and what it makes you think and feel, beyond what it literally tells you. If this becomes the CPT, I will make an effort to highlight these qualities. Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

i ll vote for gemini rue. Seems quite interesting and blackwell series is like 5 games? Does this mean that we choose a random one? Syberia is very interesting but i would prefer it to be a cpt later when it is on ps5.

Total Posts: 8472

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Nico2021 - 30 April 2022 04:19 PM

blackwell series is like 5 games? Does this mean that we choose a random one?

I figure we’d play all of them. The first three are all really short, like 2-3 hours per game. The fourth is 4-5 hours and the last is “full” length (8 hours or so). All 5 games in 6-8 weeks would be very doable, imo.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 184

Joined 2021-03-21

PM

TimovieMan - 30 April 2022 04:51 PM
Nico2021 - 30 April 2022 04:19 PM

blackwell series is like 5 games? Does this mean that we choose a random one?

I figure we’d play all of them. The first three are all really short, like 2-3 hours per game. The fourth is 4-5 hours and the last is “full” length (8 hours or so). All 5 games in 6-8 weeks would be very doable, imo.

Didnt realize that those games are like episodes but anyway i ll stick with gemini rue as previous posters did advertise the game as an atmospheric well made adventure.

Total Posts: 1304

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I won’t vote this time as I have already played Gemini Rue and Blackwell series. Both options are very good, and the final Blackwell Epiphany is wonderful.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #72 will end on Sunday, May 1, 2022.

Gemini Rue (6) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Chrissie, Lady Kestrel, Advie, Nico

Blackwell series (5) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Lady Kestrel, Millenia, TimovieMan

Syberia: The World Before (4) - Sylv, PlanetX, Chrissie, Rtrooney

Puzzle Bots (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie, Doom
Return of the Phantom (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie, Charophycean

Inspector Waffles (2) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Gemini Rue has won this voting round.  VP will start the playthrough thread soon.

Total Posts: 7481

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Lady Kestrel - 02 May 2022 08:59 PM

Gemini Rue has won this voting round.  VP will start the playthrough thread soon.

Soon?

It’s been 4 days now.
If you don’t have the time to lead a CP or don’t really want to, just don’t.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top