• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Karlok - 20 March 2022 11:06 PM
Adv_Lvr - 20 March 2022 11:02 PM

I am happy to wait until the official post of the winner.

What did you mean, “I can make it win by two if need be”?

Syberia only has 4 votes now, I removed mine.

Voting for CP #71 will end on Monday, March 21, 2022.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 530

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Karlok - 20 March 2022 09:19 PM
millenia - 20 March 2022 07:21 AM

I’ll vote for Not for Broadcast.

It’s probably not its time now - and it might never be as it isn’t a conventional adventure, but it seems to be about the story, which would make me consider an interactive movie (perhaps with a bit more gameplay than usual?). And I think it’s definitely a game that I would like to discuss with others.

It’s not an interactive movie. It’s a SIM. You may like it for all I know and yes, it may have an interesting story, but it is NOT an adventure game, no exploration, just one location. Believe me, it’s NOT an interactive movie either. It’s a SIM.

Just for argument’s sake, how would you classify Papers, Please? The reviewer on this site has pinned it as a “simulation-adventure”, a label I wouldn’t disagree with.

I’m hard pressed to list any other games that qualify for a new sub-genre, but if there’s an emergence of games which aren’t traditional adventures nor free-roaming simulations without a defined goal , then perhaps a new category is warranted?

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 7488

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Charophycean - 21 March 2022 12:13 AM

Just for argument’s sake, how would you classify Papers, Please? The reviewer on this site has pinned it as a “simulation-adventure”, a label I wouldn’t disagree with.

As a SIM. It’s a good game, but it’s not an adventure game.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Total Posts: 5621

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #71 will end on Monday, March 21, 2022.  The day is still young.

The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, TimovieMan, Millenia, Karlok, Vegetable Party

Syberia: The World Before (4) - Rtrooney, Chrissie, PlanetX, Charophycean

Cognition (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Chrissie, TimovieMan
Culpa Innata (3) - Chrissie (leader)Adv_Lvr, TimovieMan

Not for Broadcast (2) - Charophycean (leader), Millenia

Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus? (1) - Adv_Lvr

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Lady Kestrel - 21 March 2022 11:00 AM

The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, TimovieMan, Millenia, Karlok, Vegetable Party

Is it possible to state A TIME the voting will end. For example the voting for CP #71 will end on Monday, March 21 at 8pm. To say voting ends on Monday, March 21st is pretty nebulous.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 6598

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Adv_Lvr - 21 March 2022 12:16 PM
Lady Kestrel - 21 March 2022 11:00 AM

You need to state A TIME the voting will end. For example the voting for CP #71 will end on Monday, March 21 at 8pm.

Heart

Do you really need to comment on such a trivial thing, instead of being grateful to LK for keeping this voting alive?

Heart

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Since we’re all in different time zones, how about midnight Greenwich Mean Time?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Lady Kestrel - 21 March 2022 12:56 PM

Since we’re all in different time zones, how about midnight Greenwich Mean Time?

Sure so going forward let’s say the voting will end on Monday, March 21st at midnight Greenwich Mean Time.

Thanks for doing that, that way we are all on the same page. I assume the site is set to Greenwich Mean Time.

Heart

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I would have preferred that Lady K say “The results will be posted on (date) whenever I feel like posting them.” Convenience should always side with the person doing the work. Not the person awaiting the results of another person’s work.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The Shapeshifting Detective is our next community playthrough.  I’m sure Adv_Lvr will post the starting thread before we can blink.

Regarding the ending time, I’m writing it down with pencil rather than setting it in stone, but I’ll try to stick with it in the future.  If someone else does the tally, they can decide for themselves.

Total Posts: 4290

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Adv_Lvr - 20 March 2022 11:02 PM

Who is Zobraks

You don’t follow newscasts, do you?

It could always be worse, remember that.
mjp

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Lady Kestrel - 21 March 2022 08:05 PM

The Shapeshifting Detective is our next community playthrough.  I’m sure Adv_Lvr will post the starting thread before we can blink.

Regarding the ending time, I’m writing it down with pencil rather than setting it in stone, but I’ll try to stick with it in the future.  If someone else does the tally, they can decide for themselves.

The thread is set. Let’s have some fun playing a very strange FMV adventure!

Heart

Total Posts: 1304

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Finally! I can’t wait to play it!

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

I am anxiously waiting for the current CPT to end. Some players are already commenting on the results of their second replay. So the end of that thread must be near.

When that comes I will nominate Syberia: The World Before. There’s already people playing/commenting on the game on its eponyms thread. I’m only four hours into however many hours it will take to finish the game. So I can’t really pretend I can lead the game. There are three participants in the thread that have finished the game. I would hope one of them might volunteer to lead.

This is a game that, I think, really deserves to be played as a group.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top