• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 5621

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #71 will end on Monday, March 21, 2022.

The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, TimovieMan, Millenia, Karlok, Vegetable Party

Cognition (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Chrissie, TimovieMan
Culpa Innata (3) - Chrissie (leader), Adv_Lvr, TimovieMan

Syberia: The World Before (2) - Adv_Lvr, Rtrooney

Not for Broadcast (1) - Charophycean (leader)

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Total Posts: 1304

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Karlok - 11 March 2022 06:20 PM
walas74 - 11 March 2022 05:31 PM
Karlok - 11 March 2022 05:16 PM

walas, why not ask your wife to register here, so she can vote for it?

I could have done that in the previous poll, and there would have been a tie, but I considered that it would be cheating somehow… After all, she does not play adventure games, but she made an exception with Contradiction because it was FMV.

Mrs Walas, let me tell you that there are lots of great, immersive, fascinating FMV adventures (with better actors than Contradiction, yes really!) to choose from. Come join us!

I’ll vote for The Shapeshifting Detective.

Mrs. Walas says: thank you very much for your vote. Please, recommend me good FMV adventures so I can play them while Mr. Walas is cooking or cleaning the house.

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 7488

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

walas74 - 11 March 2022 10:50 PM

Mrs. Walas says: thank you very much for your vote. Please, recommend me good FMV adventures so I can play them while Mr. Walas is cooking or cleaning the house.

Good for you, Mrs Walas!

IMO Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within is a must-play for anybody who loves FMV. Hm, now I wish I hadn’t said that bit about better acting. But if Mrs Walas has only played Contradiction it may not be her cup of tea. Maybe an Interactive Movie like Night Shift or The Complex might be more to her liking…?

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Karlok - 12 March 2022 05:57 AM

Good for you, Mrs Walas!

IMO Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within is a must-play for anybody who loves FMV. Hm, now I wish I hadn’t said that bit about better acting. But if Mrs Walas has only played Contradiction it may not be her cup of tea. Maybe an Interactive Movie like Night Shift or The Complex might be more to her liking…?

GK2 is one of the best games I have ever played, but I am afraid Mrs Walas would only enjoy pure FMV, and only whodunnits since it is her favourite genre. That’s why I was so interested in The Shapeshifting Detective,

I was thinking of Her Story and Telling Lies. Any more similar? I know here is not the space for discussing this, but I also know people like some entertainment in between votes Smile

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

walas74 - 12 March 2022 07:12 AM

Good for you, Mrs Walas!

GK2 is one of the best games I have ever played, but I am afraid Mrs Walas would only enjoy pure FMV, and only whodunnits since it is her favourite genre. That’s why I was so interested in The Shapeshifting Detective,

I was thinking of Her Story and Telling Lies. Any more similar? I know here is not the space for discussing this, but I also know people like some entertainment in between votes Smile

I would give Erica and Dark Nights With Poe And Munro a try, they should be your cup of tea and what you are looking for.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Noted, thanks! Although I looked up Erica and it seems to be for PS4 only. I haven’t got a console (and never had).

Dark Nights With Poe And Munro seems to be a prequel of The Shapeshifting Detective, right?

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

walas74 - 12 March 2022 07:43 AM

Noted, thanks! Although I looked up Erica and it seems to be for PS4 only. I haven’t got a console (and never had).

Dark Nights With Poe And Munro seems to be a prequel of The Shapeshifting Detective, right?

Erica is a FMV-based interactive film video game developed by Flavourworks and published by Sony Interactive Entertainment. The game was originally released for the PlayStation 4 on August 19, 2019. It was later ported to iOS and released on January 15, 2021, while a version for Microsoft Windows was released on May 25, 2021.

I played Erica on PC:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1514930/Erica/

And yes, Dark Nights with Poe and Monroe is a prequel to The Shapeshifting Detective:

Adventure in the strange town of August with local radio hosts and secret lovers Poe and Munro, as they encounter six unique mysteries on and off the air.

It was released after Shapeshifting detective and as a completely independent story can be played before or after The Shapeshifting Detective.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 7488

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Well, GK2 is FMV and also a whodunnit of a sort, that’s why I mentioned it. It’s true that the Gabe/Grace avatars walk across photographs of real places but even so I’d call it pure FMV.

I was thinking of Her Story and Telling Lies. Any more similar?

I liked Her Story a lot. Telling Lies was good too, but you should definitely download the patch to speed up rewinding (made by a user). The long waiting times are extremely annoying.

It’s hard to come up with more suggestions. Perhaps she might like the ancient Santa Fe mysteries. Or Blue Heat. The X Files. Or the interactive movies both Adv_Lvr and I mentioned.

PROM, NAPOL, PROM! - The Rise of the Golden Idol

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

Thank you both for your kind comments and suggestions!

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Maybe an Interactive Movie like Night Shift or The Complex might be more to her liking…?

Any more similar? I know here is not the space for discussing this, but I also know people like some entertainment in between votes Smile

This is a long shot because I don’t think there is any way to get it to run on current machines. But, if you can, Black Dahlia would be a game Mrs. W might like. It’s FMV throughout. A whodunit based somewhat on real life events. And it has great, albeit difficult, puzzles. I wish GOG or Steam would find a way to make it work. That would be a CPT to end all CPTs. Set aside three months for the playthrough because that’s likely what it would take.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I nominate & cast a vote for Syberia: The World Before.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Voting for CP #71 will end on Monday, March 21, 2022.

The Shapeshifting Detective (6) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Walas74, TimovieMan, Millenia, Karlok, Vegetable Party

Cognition (3) - Adv_Lvr (leader), Chrissie, TimovieMan
Culpa Innata (3) - Chrissie (leader)Adv_Lvr, TimovieMan
Syberia: The World Before (3) - Adv_Lvr, Rtrooney, Chrissie

Not for Broadcast (1) - Charophycean (leader)

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

chrissie - 18 March 2022 07:01 PM

I nominate & cast a vote for Syberia: The World Before.  Smile

Oops! I missed that it had already been nominated.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Adv_Lvr - 12 March 2022 07:29 AM

Good for you, Mrs Walas!

I would give Erica and Dark Nights With Poe And Munro a try, they should be your cup of tea and what you are looking for.

Heart

I found a brand new, just released FMV detective games that looks like a hoot:

Who Pressed Mute on Uncle Marcus?

https://www.walesinteractive.com/whopressedmuteonunclemarcus

Should be an epic game!

Heart

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Are you nominating it, Adv_Lvr?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top