• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabewalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 2105

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Updated Found an adventure bundle by Wadjet Eye I bought many years ago. It has Puzzle Bots, Gemini Rue, Resonance and four Blackwell games. I think I tried a bit of everything, but haven’t actually played through any of them and just switched to something else, so I’m eager to try either Puzzle Bots, Gemini Rue or the Blackwell games (there has been a Resonance CPT already).

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 2454

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Request to add Gemini Rue and The Blackwell Series to the list of CPTS I’ll lead if enough people are up for it.

Total Posts: 5848

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I was enjoying Gemini Rue until I got stuck so I’m up for voting for that to have another go.

Total Posts: 5621

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I vote for the Blackwell series and Gemini Rue, both of which have been sitting on my GOG shelves and not started yet.

Voting for CP #72 will end on Sunday, May 1, 2022.

Gemini Rue (4) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Chrissie, Lady Kestrel
Syberia: The World Before (4) - Sylv, PlanetX, Chrissie, Rtrooney

Blackwell series (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Lady Kestrel
Puzzle Bots (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie, Doom

Inspector Waffles (2) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie
Return of the Phantom (2) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie

I don’t really rise and shine.  I caffeinate and hope for the best.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’ve been thinking about giving The Blackwell Series another go, so I vote for it.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Blackwell series (4) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Lady Kestrel, Millenia
Gemini Rue (4) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Chrissie, Lady Kestrel

Return of the Phantom (2) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Doom - 23 April 2022 07:49 AM

Agreed, one of the most pointless CPTs, everyone who wanted to play Syberia had already played it, and it’s not like a new Blade Runner. Too bad there are no other good games with clear release dates, and nothing in the recent review section caught my interest. Heck, I could swear I even saw a one-star retro review of an early Sierra game posted not long ago, but now it’s removed for some reason)) And as much as I enjoyed Waffles, it’s no Blade Runner either.

Would seem as if the person who accused of overtly supporting S4 has now become the person who is overtly supporting an “anything but” mandate. Hypocrisy, thy name is Doom.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 2105

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

rtrooney - 23 April 2022 08:41 PM
Doom - 23 April 2022 07:49 AM

Agreed, one of the most pointless CPTs, everyone who wanted to play Syberia had already played it, and it’s not like a new Blade Runner. Too bad there are no other good games with clear release dates, and nothing in the recent review section caught my interest. Heck, I could swear I even saw a one-star retro review of an early Sierra game posted not long ago, but now it’s removed for some reason)) And as much as I enjoyed Waffles, it’s no Blade Runner either.

Would seem as if the person who accused of overtly supporting S4 has now become the person who is overtly supporting an “anything but” mandate. Hypocrisy, thy name is Doom.

I didn’t accuse anyone of anything, from the very beginning I wrote it would be a perfect game for a CPT, even though I couldn’t play it. I supported YOU, because you wanted this CPT so much that you nominated Syberia before the previous CPT was even finished. And yet you kept playing it, discussing your progress in a separate thread and even creating a new thread concerning the lack of activity at the forums because of it. Then you withdrew your vote, and then announced that you are not interested in a replay, you just wanted to finish the game. There’s a whole week left before the voting ends, by that time you’ll be at the very least half-through Syberia with everyone else having already finished it. What is exactly the purpose of this nomination when nobody gains anything from it (including you)?

PC means personal computer

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

This round of voting might be all over over the place, but I don’t think anyone’s being a hypocrite.

I haven’t followed the Syberia 4 thread because I intend to play that game some time before the Apocalypse this year or the next, I kind of assumed it had a lot of people hyping it up, so I expected it to be the CPT by default.

Then again, it only needs one extra vote.

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Quick bump for this thread.

If you’re new, or lurking in the background: maybe give a CPT a try! Don’t worry, you don’t have to type entire novels in the comments or be an expert adventure gamer. You’re in it together, you can share whatever you think is fun (or not) about the game.

Total Posts: 530

Joined 2022-02-22

PM

Vegetable Party - 25 April 2022 06:47 PM

Quick bump for this thread.

If you’re new, or lurking in the background: maybe give a CPT a try! Don’t worry, you don’t have to type entire novels in the comments or be an expert adventure gamer. You’re in it together, you can share whatever you think is fun (or not) about the game.

Alright, I’m a lurker so you’ve convinced me.

Put me down for Return of the Phantom.

AKA Charo

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wow, i love lurkers, a post like that VP had would normally push off most of the members here to even try.. good job VP, and great coming forward Charo!

i will add my vote (too) but to GR, as I am kinda moved by this and all

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Gemini Rue (5) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Chrissie, Lady Kestrel, Advie

Blackwell series (4) - Vegetable Party (leader), Doom, Lady Kestrel, Millenia

Return of the Phantom (3) - Vegetable Party (leader), Chrissie, Charophycean

Joined 2019-12-22

PM

Awesome. Welcome. Smile

Total Posts: 1304

Joined 2016-04-08

PM

I will vote for Vegetable Party. It’s a win-win hahaha

Currently translating Strangeland into Spanish. Wish me luck, or send me money to my Paypal haha

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top