• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that… uh, game

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2007-01-17

PM

Frankenstein : Through the eyes of the monster ?

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

No.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Destination Treasure Island

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 191

Joined 2004-12-30

PM

Lucien21 - 01 March 2014 09:19 AM

That was going to be my next guess.

Warning- People won’t have as much of a sense of humor about you putting an Alka Seltzer in your mouth then staggering into a restaurant while shouting “THE VIRUS HAS MUTATED!” as you’d hope they would.

Consider this: People say “Ewwww!!!” when they hear about a guy having a hairy bum or hairy back, yet every Teddy Bear ever made has had both a hairy bum AND a hairy back and nobody complains about them; In fact, people think Teddy Bears are adorable.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Lucien21 - 01 March 2014 09:19 AM

DING! DING!

Finally! Grin

My next clue would be that some of you (Tim) already mentioned the other work by the same author (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde). As for the “antagonist” actor, it’s of course Tim Curry as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island.

There’re 5 adventure games based on Treasure Island - two text with picture adventures with the same title as the novel, Treasure Island (2008), Muppet Treasure Island and Destination: Treasure Island.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

First in a long running series which may cure your boredom

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 01 March 2014 12:12 PM

My next clue would be that some of you (Tim) already mentioned the other work by the same author (Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde). As for the “antagonist” actor, it’s of course Tim Curry as Long John Silver in Muppet Treasure Island.

I don’t think I would’ve found it without research. Not one of the titles I first think of when mentioning classic books and the likes…

Lucien21 - 01 March 2014 03:09 PM

The Journeyman Project 1: Project Turbo ???

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4257

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

TimovieMan - 02 March 2014 03:20 AM

Pay attention to the word he italicized. I think THAT’S the key to the puzzle.
(Besides, three installments do not make a long running series. In my opinion.)

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 02 March 2014 03:20 AM

Nope

Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

zobraks - 02 March 2014 03:44 AM

It’s the only first installment of a 3+ series that sounded anything like a cure for boredom (containing “Turbo”) I found at first glance.

Edit: unless it’s got absolutely nothing to do with boredom, and just with the word cure.

Then it could be Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 02 March 2014 04:55 AM
zobraks - 02 March 2014 03:44 AM

It’s the only first installment of a 3+ series that sounded anything like a cure for boredom (containing “Turbo”) I found at first glance.

Edit: unless it’s got absolutely nothing to do with boredom, and just with the word cure.

Then it could be Professor Layton and the Curious Village.

Nope

Maybe if I put the clue in it’s native language

Första i en lång löpande serie vilken Maj bota din tråkigheten

Roberta Williams

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Heh, I thought it was the first installment that was a cure for boredom, not the series itself. Maybe one of the Quest series?

With Quest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero? as the prime candidate?

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TimovieMan - 02 March 2014 07:11 AM

Heh, I thought it was the first installment that was a cure for boredom, not the series itself. Maybe one of the Quest series?

With Quest for Glory: So You Want to Be a Hero? as the prime candidate?

No it’s the first installment and not a Quest game.

Maybe the clue was a bit too obscure i’ll think about how I can CURE the situation.

Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Lucien21 - 02 March 2014 08:44 AM

Maybe the clue was a bit too obscure i’ll think about how I can CURE the situation.

No need Tongue Its: Remedy: A Carol Reed Mystery

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Iznogood - 02 March 2014 08:53 AM
Lucien21 - 02 March 2014 08:44 AM

No need Tongue Its: Remedy: A Carol Reed Mystery

OF course it is.

Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top