• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Place that… uh, game

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Next:

This adventure game has a long title and a post-apocalyptic setting.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble aka Woodruff and The Schnibble of Azimuth? Tongue

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Well, that was fast…

The Bizarre Adventures of Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth is correct. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

This game is NOT a retelling of a book, but it does feature two of its main protagonists in the same roles.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Return to Mysterious Island ????????

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

No, what I meant - the main protagonist of the book is also the main protagonist of the game, and the other “main protagonist” (antagonist?) is also in the game. (whose title is not the same as the book)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Makes me think in the direction of Sherlock Holmes or Hercule Poirot.

Evil Under the Sun ?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

OK, I asked a question where multiple answers fit Tongue but no, that’s not right.

The book is not part of the series (though there are unofficial sequels written). The game also is not part of the series (though there’re other games based on the same book Tongue)

Total Posts: 2991

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

The book is not the Holy Bible now, is it?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Nope, but this book has over 50 movie and TV versions (and at least 3 adventure games)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Now I’m thinking Jules Verne. 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea?

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Just noticed the “at least 3 adventure games”, so it has to be Dracula (it’s probably the classic book that’s been done the most).

Dracula: Origin?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

You’re getting hotter, but that’s still not it (not Jules Verne) Tongue

edit: not Dracula either

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Darn, Dracula (and Van Helsing) fit the descriptions so well…

What else is there?

Alice in Wonderland?

Unless you’re blindsiding me and it is Sherlock Holmes after all (I did pick a Hercule Poirot game when I mentioned Sherlock). Tongue

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

TimovieMan - 27 February 2014 06:00 PM

What else is there?

Röyksopp? Tongue

Alice in Wonderland?

The book has its sequel. Smile

Unless you’re blindsiding me and it is Sherlock Holmes after all

The book has its sequel. Grin

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top