• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Abhi D.

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

gray pierce - 26 November 2013 07:23 PM

Wait why is my entire post in a quote?

You’re missing close quote tags. I was going to fix it but am not sure which part is the quote and which is your answer. But you should be able to edit it yourself…? If not and you want help with that, send me a PM.

Total Posts: 59

Joined 2003-12-31

PM

The storytrailer looks amazing. Like FOV says, Jane writes stories with well drawn characters with witty dialogue and a twisting and turning storyline. That’s what matters most. I can get past the visuals.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The budget of Moebius is definetly a factor.

Then again, the low budget argument does seem a bit silly when you see work like Stasis, which is a passion project of a single extremely talented individual. You can do incredible looking things on a budget, but you need to be a bit lucky as well in order to get the right people.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tomimt - 27 November 2013 02:37 AM

The budget of Moebius is definetly a factor.

Then again, the low budget argument does seem a bit silly when you see work like Stasis, which is a passion project of a single extremely talented individual. You can do incredible looking things on a budget, but you need to be a bit lucky as well in order to get the right people.

Yup i had made that point earlier, the budget card they use is bull, not just Stasis,
Kentuckyroutezero, which is not much hyped here, is voted for VGX Indie Goty award and not even finished. The level of artdirection and storytelling with few guys is just amazing. Its just art of how smartly you play with your talent than your budget.

Total Posts: 76

Joined 2008-01-31

PM

Phoenix Online should really focus on making character models and animations better, it’s probably too late to do that for Moebius, but in the future games then. It’s currently the #1 weakest link in their games (outsourcing that stuff to India probably isn’t helping).

I think the backgrounds are good, they are meant to be different style than GM or BM3 for example. Personally I like that highly detailed GM/BM3 style much more, but I think Moebius background style is good as well.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

teme - 27 November 2013 05:22 AM

Phoenix Online should really focus on making character models and animations better, it’s probably too late to do that for Moebius, but in the future games then. It’s currently the #1 weakest link in their games (outsourcing that stuff to India probably isn’t helping).

Agreed.  I’m usually not one to care about graphics, but the super awkward character animations and expressions in Cognition were very distracting and totally broke my suspension of disbelief at times.  I’d rather have VGA graphics than that.

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

personally, I just don’t care about the graphics. Story and puzzles are the #1 priority.. and theres plenty enough concerns in that department.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Detective Mosely - 27 November 2013 11:12 AM

I’d rather have VGA graphics than that.

I’m not sure I can think of a situation where I wouldn’t rather have VGA graphics than almost any alternative.  Wink

Total Posts: 532

Joined 2009-06-07

PM

Lambonius - 27 November 2013 02:28 PM
Detective Mosely - 27 November 2013 11:12 AM

I’d rather have VGA graphics than that.

I’m not sure I can think of a situation where I wouldn’t rather have VGA graphics than almost any alternative.  Wink

I kinda saw this coming. Let me just tell you. If we ever wish to vacate the niche “death slot” that AGs have been placed into we have to get rid of VGA graphics and even to a certain extend all 2D graphics. It may look aestethically pleasing to us hardcore fans but to all other gamers out there it looks terribly outdated. I regularly try to show off AGs that I find visually quite nice such as Memoria or Gemini Rue to some of my gamer friends but all I ever get as a reaction is that the graphics look terribly outdated. And let’s face it. That is true. Of all the game genres Adventure Gaming is the only genre that still slavishly sticks to 2D graphics. If we wish to make the genre more mainstream again. We will have to make the trasition to 3D.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I was mostly joking, though I disagree.  The rise in indie gaming has made 2D and even pixel art graphics more commonplace and acceptable as an aesthetic choice than ever before.  If your friends can’t see that, it’s their problem, not the genre’s.  Until adventure game developers can get the budgets to do really nice looking 3D graphics, they should stick to what they CAN do well.  Great 2D graphics are preferable to subpar 3D graphics any day of the week.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Lambonius - 27 November 2013 08:12 PM

I was mostly joking, though I disagree.  The rise in indie gaming has made 2D and even pixel art graphics more commonplace and acceptable as an aesthetic choice than ever before.  If your friends can’t see that, it’s their problem, not the genre’s.  Until adventure game developers can get the budgets to do really nice looking 3D graphics, they should stick to what they CAN do well.  Great 2D graphics are preferable to subpar 3D graphics any day of the week.

^This.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 5057

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Let’s be practical. 3D budgets for adventures are never going to reach those of console games. And, thus, 3D adventure renderings are always going to look bad by comparison. I would rather see 2D, or 2.5D than poorly implemented 3D any time.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Dag - 27 November 2013 09:58 PM
Lambonius - 27 November 2013 08:12 PM

^This.

Double this!

Prove of 2D pixelated hit game

So its as legitimate as it can get

Total Posts: 2110

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

Terabin - 27 November 2013 12:21 AM

The storytrailer looks amazing. Like FOV says, Jane writes stories with well drawn characters with witty dialogue and a twisting and turning storyline. That’s what matters most. I can get past the visuals.

Just watched the trailer and wow, it looks exciting! Seems like there’s a lot of going on, just like in Gabriel Knight games (and unlike Gray Matter for that matter). I especially liked the whole bodyguard idea - something you rarely meet in adventures. I was quite disappointed with the 1st beta, with both graphics and writing. But luckily the storyline and dialogues will be of high quality. As for the graphics… I just hope it won’t stand in the way. It IS bad, you can’t get over the fact. Jensen should’ve probably stayed with the original development team, but, well. She’s the boss.

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

The worst thing about the trailer is the mismatched/barely existant lip-synching. Very distracting! I hope that this issue can be fixed before release. Also: the picture moves by itself before the hand touches it and pushes it forward. It’s magic! Gasp
Otherwise: Yeah, the glimpses of the story seem promising. I’m looking forward to it! Smile

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top