• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Moebius

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Blackthorne - 14 June 2013 08:57 AM

Not from what I’ve seen.  Some of Moebius’ backgrounds are really amazing.

Which ones? The one in diego’s post is awful. If you’ve seen better, please share.

Sorry but someone needs to say it - this shiny and barren new style being used in games recently is hideous. I have to question the sanity of someone who thinks that this and this and this looks better than this or this. Horrific.

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

@Blackthorne:

Aside from Jane those are neither the same developer nor the same series, as far as I know. I understand what you are saying and I don’t think there was any malicious intent from Cesar’s side and that he is simply proud of their game. I just think that a comparison like that is unnecessary and will provoke some backlash.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I guess you can question my sanity then, because I liked the looks of those first 3 pictures better than those last two.  those last pictures looked washed out and well, just didn’t look like a game that I would want to play.  good thing that there are all kinds of games and looks out there, as everyone has different tastes.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Yes, I think the backgrounds in Gray Matter and Black Mirror 2 (?) look beautiful.

I also think Yesterday looked very good. It has a different artistic style but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it (apart from a mismatch with someone’s personal taste). Cognition looked a lot better in my screen than it that picture, is that on minimum settings or just a bad quality screenshot?

As much as I like those Gray Matter backgrounds I don’t want every game to be identical to that style.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Zifnab - 14 June 2013 08:47 AM

You’re joking, right? Look at the GM screens Diego posted - they’re beautiful. The Moebius backgrounds look like a cheap hidden-object game.

It’s not even about taste. Sometimes wrong is just plain wrong, and the art of Moebius being “a bit better” than GM is about as clear cut as my 2 year old niece’s fingerpaintings being a “bit better” than Rembrandt.

No need to throw a hissy fit. I didn’t say Grey Matter looks bad, nor did I say Moebius BG art is light years better. For me GM bg art is a bit of a hit and miss, where some BG’s look absolutely stunning, where as some look somewhat unpolished and a bit flat.

I could say the same for Moebius as well, and I’ve even mentioned that in the Kickstarter updates, while questioning some aspects of the art work they’ve declared finished, but as long the game is in development I try to not to cast the final judgement, especially when, at least to me, it looks like POS has put a bit more effort in the final polish of BG’s in the latest updates.

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Zifnab - 14 June 2013 09:11 AM

I have to question the sanity of someone who thinks that this and this and this looks better than this or this. Horrific.

The Yesterday screenshot looks a thousand times more pleasing in my eyes than the last image, that washed out rendering of a hotel on top of a cliff. Maybe instead of questioning the sanity of others you shouldn’t be so sure about your own.

Total Posts: 50

Joined 2005-04-18

PM

Art is in the eye of the beholder. It’s as simple as that.

I find Yesterday too a million times better than Black Mirror 3’s art. But that’s because I love the cartoony look Yesterday evoques. For Cognition, for example, we went with a comic book look. It’s the style of Art Director Romano Molenaar who does DC’s Batman and Marvel’s X-Men among other things.

For Moebius we are going with a graphic novel look. The crazy amount level of detail found in something like Gray Matter was not what were going for, we went for a cleaner look as established by Jane Jensen and Andy Hoyos. It’s really a matter of style. The same way Himalaya’s upcoming Mages or Infamous Quest’s Quest for Infamy are beautiful in their style. Art is not always fully subjected to technical capabilities, sometimes it just wants to be evocative of a moment, or a style. I find that Final Fantasy XIII looks astounding, but that doesn’t mean that Limbo or Kentucky Route Zero look like crap in comparison. They are also extremely gorgeous to look at.

I only brought up Gray Matter because it had been discussed. I definitely think that game was great, but like fov said, I think it would have benefitted a lot from more cinematic work, because it’s a fully story game, and very dramatic at that.

Total Posts: 1902

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

We’ve got another new moebius build to play… I cant make up my mind if im going to play it. Its cool that we’ve got the option, but i think if i keep playing it in broken pieces like this it’ll ruin my enjoyment of the overall game Tongue

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Yeah. All that’s true.

Unfortunately, I also have next to no will power.

Downloading as I type. Tongue

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Rock Paper Shotgun has a favorable, though honest preview of Moebius:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/07/17/hands-on-jane-jensens-moebius/#more-160810

As a backer, i decided to wait till the final product is released in stead of testing an alpha build. I’m excited about this KS more and more.

Btw, contrary to John Walker, i rather enjoyed GK3.

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Seriously there is zero creativity and design in these characters, these are default
preset models from Sims, Singles or any other online social free games.
Heck the models in PS Home looks much better

Home

SR3

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

I think the graphics are good enough here, save for the weird thinness of Malachi’s limbs. I wouldn’t say graphics are unimportant, if they’re plain ugly and/or don’t mesh with the tone that’s otherwise set by the writing and music by looking too sterile or gaudy or empty or such, then they can be detrimental in creating an atmosphere. But I think they’re functional enough here.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

The RPS preview makes the game sound like a delightfully hammy b-movie and I am okay with that. But I still hope they would fix mr. Rectums character model.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

That was a REALLY encouraging read. Nice to see some positivity about the game, because it’s not getting much from this thread.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

wow, I think the graphics are great!  I can’t wait to play this game. I really enjoyed the demo.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top