• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

GabeGabrielLady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Believe it Doug:

$ 900,000

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE

WE DID IT!!!

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

TEARS. OF. JOY.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Edit:

Congrats to the whole team and all the backers , here and everywhere….

and now Doug , make an incredible experience.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-07

PM

Bonsai - 26 June 2013 07:30 PM

Believe it Doug:

$ 900,000

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE

WE DID IT!!!

You know what I get to do when I wake up tomorrow? DESIGN A BIG HONKIN’ GAME!

Thanks to everyone for your donations, and Bonsai, I’ll never forget you defending me. You’re a rare person.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TenNapel - 26 June 2013 07:47 PM

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!!!

YES
This Is just AWESOME ....

Side Note: QUEST1 I know you can see this post but can Not interact ...
So Give yourself Pat on the shoulder and celebrate it this you deserved it(anyway) Grin
ahh and.. ,you can find my email at ma profile here so send me an Email please

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-07

PM

Advie - 26 June 2013 08:08 PM

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE!!!!!!

YES
This Is just AWESOME ....

Side Note: QUEST1 I know you can see this post but can Not interact ...
So Give yourself Pat on the shoulder and celebrate it this you deserved it(anyway) Grin
ahh and.. ,you can find my email at ma profile here so send me an Email please

I also want to thank Q1. Can you pass that along for me? I don’t know how to get a hold of him.

Total Posts: 11

Joined 2011-02-18

PM

Still can’t believe this really happened. Congratulations, everyone. Grin

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Bonsai - 26 June 2013 07:30 PM

Believe it Doug:

$ 900,000

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE

WE DID IT!!!

You know what I get to do when I wake up tomorrow? DESIGN A BIG HONKIN’ GAME!

Thanks to everyone for your donations, and Bonsai, I’ll never forget you defending me. You’re a rare person.

Thank you for the kind words.  You got a busy day tomorrow so get some rest….and don’t be a stranger.  Drop by every now and then.  There is a pm waiting for you.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2004-03-03

PM

Can adventure fans work a miracle for Bill Tiller, now?

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Udvarnoky - 26 June 2013 09:16 PM

Yes! 4 days to go, I will up my pledge by another $100 tomorrow.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I would have been surprised had Armikrog not have done it. All the signs were pointing towards a succesfull Kickstarter. Vampyre Story on the other hand is pretty much dead in the water and really needs a miracle to pull it off.

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Udvarnoky - 26 June 2013 09:16 PM

We could have if Bill Tiller had given the people what they want, and that is traditional animation style like the games that got him famous have.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Totally forgot about that Kickstarter. What a shame, goes to show you how much nostalgia plays a factor in this whole ‘Kickstarter revolution’.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

This basically completes my dream lineup for future adventure games. The wait for all these KS adventures is unbearable, but it’s amazing to have so much to look forward to.

There’s almost nothing else out in the adventure genre that could get me more excited at this point. Neverhood was the last one I really wanted to see a sequel/follow up to.

Total Posts: 15

Joined 2004-03-03

PM

AdorableMogwai - 27 June 2013 06:07 AM

We could have if Bill Tiller had given the people what they want, and that is traditional animation style like the games that got him famous have.

I assume you’re talking specifically about paper-drawn animation for 2D characters, since A Vampyre Story remains a 2D adventure game with gorgeous hand-painted backgrounds, with 3D models being used for characters and props only.  And by “games” I assume you mean “game,” since as far as I know The Curse of Monkey Island is the only title on Bill’s resume that actually boasted that kind of character animation, being a super-expensive project from the genre’s golden era specifically intended to rival an animated film in production values.  And I assume that by “famous” you really mean “not famous,” because his name hasn’t proven capable of generating even a fraction of the press/financing that Schafer/Lowe/Tørnquist have.

It is my informed guess that characters are 3D because it accelerates (and consequentially curbs the cost) of the animation process and he has better access to experienced 3D animators.  Frankly of AVS’s flaws I can’t say the character animation is among them.  It’s expressive and quite high quality.  I don’t know how much doing the character animation like CMI would have upped the budget, but considering that AVS1 undersold, Ghost Pirates maybe broke even, and this Kickstarter has raised a little over $50k, I daresay upping the budget to satisfy such a specific and baffling requirement from you (even though you speak for everyone) isn’t the most strategic move Bill can make at this juncture.

Pan

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top