• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Check out this 1hr long interview with Pencil Test, makers of Armikrog

I’m about 30 minutes in, cool interview! Not much about Armikrog yet, mainly their history as artists and animators, but I’m guessing it’s coming up.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

darthmaul - 09 October 2015 11:46 PM
Tad - 07 October 2015 05:35 AM
tomimt - 07 October 2015 03:42 AM

I can admit that I’ve been a bit biased towards Walker since his Molyneux interview which I thought was just unnecessarily nasty and vile. It’s a bit too easy to say that “oh, he gives crap reviews because he hates adventure games”, when in all honesty it’s easy to find evidence that he doesn’t. I do think though that he has at times a tendency to make some issues sound bigger and more deal breaking than they are, but then again, so do I at times.

And what comes to Armikrog, I haven’t played it, but judging from all I’ve read of it, I don’t think I’d have been lenient it with either. By all counts it sounds like a buggy mess with a lot of adventure game tropes in it I don’t personally like.

I think a lot of it comes from the language they use to express why they don’t like game a, b or c etc. If it’s a badly designed puzzle or a story with plot holes etc, then fair enough and I’d agree with them. But, if you’re just saying this is bad with little context, then it’s obviously going to irate people.

Personally, I’m finding reviews increasingly pointless. If I’m interested in a game, I’ll ask people on forums etc to get more wider base of opinions and then check a video or two on it.

Reviews suffer the same problem though. Just look at Nintendo. It doesn’t seem to matter how bland some of their productsare, you can pretty much guarantee they’ll get a 9.
I think that there are many great review sites, including adventuregamers, RPS, Destructoid, and rpgcodex.  Most gamers on sites(including this one, demonstrated very much in this thread) have way too many biases.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top