• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445LittleRoseSefir

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Game seems very buggy still, but it’s not stopping me from enjoying it.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

I made quick cursors because I hate that win cursor ingame.
Download
*reverted clay Y and dog

Ingame, (on big green button bottom left corner)

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

Well, I’ve got my initial fix, the game seems awesome, but I give up for now. It’s too buggy to enjoy to its fullest. That, and I’m completely stumped on what to do next. Tongue I look forward to the patch; it looks like the game is going to be worth the extra wait.

Also, nice cursors, doktor1. I didn’t mind the lack of a custom mouse pointer but now I remember how cool the one from The Neverhood was.

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

harald - 30 September 2015 04:30 PM

Well, I’ve got my initial fix, the game seems
Also, nice cursors, doktor1. I didn’t mind the lack of a custom mouse pointer but now I remember how cool the one from The Neverhood was.

Here, original, red and blue…
Download

Total Posts: 2992

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Seems that the game is still very buggy. I’ll wait a bit for my play until the patches are released.

Oh and thanks for the cursors doktor1. They seem really nice.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Sefir - 01 October 2015 05:56 AM

Seems that the game is still very buggy. I’ll wait a bit for my play until the patches are released.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/01/steer-clear-of-armikrog-for-a-bit/

Pretty much, Asscreed unity of AGs.
Had my share of crashes too, bummer since I was in full mood and first few minutes already had 4 to 5 puzzles , no hand holding and baller claymation.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 October 2015 04:57 AM
Sefir - 01 October 2015 05:56 AM

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/01/steer-clear-of-armikrog-for-a-bit/

Pretty much, Asscreed unity of AGs.
Had my share of crashes too, bummer since I was in full mood and first few minutes already had 4 to 5 puzzles , no hand holding and baller claymation.

Probably should’ve postponed some more time. Going to wait for while to play it. Maybe for the WiiU version if is ever comes out.

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

I came all way here without single crash or bug:

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

...and another RPS follow-up, John Walker pretty much murdered the game.

Didn’t play it, but from this article and having read some Steam reviews it’s broken enough that they were better off postponing launch a third time.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’m surprised so many people (not here, in reviews and comments elsewhere) complain about the lack of an accessible inventory. Was no different in the Neverhood. That Walker guy too and he should know better.

But I stopped reading the harsh comments, they make me sad.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mr Underhill - 02 October 2015 05:44 AM

No surprises there…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Mr Underhill - 02 October 2015 05:44 AM

WotTF!, is that a review or a whinny walkthrough.. “wait for the patch you sick freak’ ..
and havent he ever played the Neverhood,  what descriptions, hot spots,  inventory is he babbling about?... The Neverhood was always known as the Myst 3rd person AG,  and that is it,  if he ever played that aswel!!!!
damn it!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Advie, if you have any love for AGs at all (as well as your own health), it’s best to just stay FAR away from John Walker’s reviews… Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 02 October 2015 06:59 AM

Advie, if you have any love for AGs at all (as well as your own health), it’s best to just stay FAR away from John Walker’s reviews… Wink

thats outrageous Tim,  this guy has a grudge toward the genre or something?!!  Sick uh well.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Karlok - 02 October 2015 06:24 AM

I’m surprised so many people (not here, in reviews and comments elsewhere) complain about the lack of an accessible inventory. Was no different in the Neverhood. That Walker guy too and he should know better.

But I stopped reading the harsh comments, they make me sad.

A lot of what he said was also true of The Neverhood, although some of it is fair criticism as well (Neverhood had a lot of bland puzzle tropes like sliding tiles or find-the-code stuff).

It is peculiar to have characters that talk in cut scenes, but then never have them talk in-game, even when the game is being painfully opaque and you could use that to give players a little hint.

All that said, I still really like it. It’s gorgeous to look at, charming, and I like the design for the most part.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top