• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

TimovieMan - 02 October 2015 06:59 AM

Advie, if you have any love for AGs at all (as well as your own health), it’s best to just stay FAR away from John Walker’s reviews… Wink

Every single RPS review of an adventure game that I’ve ever read has been a total hit-piece. Except maybe for some new-fangled walking simulator types.

Total Posts: 197

Joined 2015-05-25

PM

I have not played The Neverhood or Armikrog, but I’m seriously baffled that for a project that earned a MILLION dollar, they would release a game in such a bad state.

Using standard Windows cursor for the game? Really? Even I made custom cursors for my own game, and I’m doing it all alone!

That said, I understand why it earned so much. The game does look attractive… until you read the reviews.

French creator & solo developer of “BROK the InvestiGator” (coming soon) and “Demetrios” (Available on PC, iOS, Android, PS4, Xbox One, PS Vita and Nintendo Switch)

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2013-01-06

PM

Finished game…
OMG; this is SHORT!!

Total Posts: 387

Joined 2013-02-17

PM

How short is SHORT!!?

Playing: 1) Broken Sword 5 2) Road 96

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2011-03-04

PM

8 hours for me. But i spent almost 2 hours reading the wall, so it’s actually 6 hours of gameplay.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

doktor1 - 02 October 2015 05:15 AM

I came all way here without single crash or bug:

I am exactly at this point in the game and am puzzled as to what to do. Smile I also have not encountered any bugs or crashes. I am enjoying this immensely and I think the crew at Pencil Test did s great job recreating that Neverhood vibe.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Finished in 3 hours, consulted walkthrough for some puzzles.
This game is Neverhood 2.0 with better claymation, the interface and elements that would seem awkward to some are straight up Neverhood, so if you hated that you will hate this.

I didnt have much problem with Cons except total length, i dont know how it can take 8 hours, i finished it in 3 hours. Maybe if you will get stuck at some puzzles making rounds then it could take more to think and analyze. Since there arent conversations like traditional AGs, re run can be done in even shorter time.

I just checked 123pazu walkthrough and it took him less than 2 hours.

Also , the game ended too abruptly when things started to get interesting plot wise.

Total Posts: 7446

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 03 October 2015 05:51 PM

This game is Neverhood 2.0 with better claymation, the interface and elements that would seem awkward to some are straight up Neverhood, so if you hated that you will hate this.

I didnt have much problem with Cons except total length, i dont know how it can take 8 hours, i finished it in 3 hours. Maybe if you will get stuck at some puzzles making rounds then it could take more to think and analyze.

It’s a puzzle game, just like the Neverhood. You consulted a wt for several puzzles and at the same time you have a problem with the length of the game?

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 03 October 2015 07:02 PM
nomadsoul - 03 October 2015 05:51 PM

I didnt have much problem with Cons except total length, i dont know how it can take 8 hours, i finished it in 3 hours. Maybe if you will get stuck at some puzzles making rounds then it could take more to think and analyze.

It’s a puzzle game, just like the Neverhood. You consulted a wt for several puzzles and at the same time you have a problem with the length of the game?

Yes stuck at one screen is not extra content, for me atleast.
Rest assured i am more biased towards this game so no need to defend it.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Number of hours is not the same thing as content. Content = number of puzzles, cut scenes, dialogue trees, fun things to do, etcetera.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 03 October 2015 08:30 PM

Number of hours is not the same thing as content. Content = number of puzzles, cut scenes, dialogue trees, fun things to do, etcetera.

Yes i agree.
Thats basically what i said.
Loved how used plurals.

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 03 October 2015 08:46 PM

Yes i agree.

If that’s what you said, why mention the numbers of hours you played with the help of a walkthrough??? Difficult puzzles take longer. How am I to know know if you consider that more or less content.

Loved how used plurals.

Plurals, where how who where. I have absolutely no idea what you mean. No matter.
Am I the only person on the Internet who doesn’t understand you most of the time?

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Karlok - 03 October 2015 09:59 PM
nomadsoul - 03 October 2015 08:46 PM

Yes i agree.

If that’s what you said, why mention the numbers of hours you played with the help of a walkthrough??? Difficult puzzles take longer. How am I to know know if you consider that more or less content.

Loved how used plurals.

Plurals, where how who where. I have absolutely no idea what you mean. No matter.
Am I the only person on the Internet who doesn’t understand you most of the time?

You had your share of meltdown with other members and deleting your posts, Mr.Perfect.

Well if you dont understand my comment , spend 100 hours analyzing it and that’s content right there for you, according to your 1st logic.
Have Fun.
Tongue

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

nomadsoul - 03 October 2015 10:59 PM

You had your share of meltdown with other members and deleting your posts, Mr.Perfect.

Even better, Mr. Plural, even better. I am MRS. Perfect. Tongue

Well if you dont understand my comment , spend 100 hours analyzing it and that’s content right there for you, according to your 1st logic.

I have two logics? Cool! I thought I had just the one. That will be very helpful for understanding your plurals. 

PS: The Wall is content too. I bet you didn’t read it.  Tongue

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Is it just me or did this game deserve better release coverage? I hadn’t realised this game was out until seeing this exchange above and I’m a backer. I’ve put about an hour or so in and have just come across the wall of text - no bugs so far. It’s meeting my expectations of a hi-res Neverhood.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top