• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-07

PM

Mister Ed - 25 June 2013 03:46 PM

I’m hoping that, even if they fall a little bit short of the stretch goal, they will still try to make the WiiU version happen. I don’t actually have a WiiU, so it won’t effect me, but I liked what I saw about how they would implement it.

I think given the significant amount of donations and publicity we got from the Wii U community I would be shocked if we didn’t develop that platform even if we miss the $950k stretch goal. If we fund out $900k goal, we’ll be opening up a Paypal store to continue to collect pre-orders of the game. I assume we’d hit that stretch goal and then some. If we get even more money, we have this producer we really want to hire but can’t afford right now. This game with it’s insane amount of work really, really, really needs a producer.

Image Attachments

Tommy.jpg

Click thumbnail to see full-size image

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Armikrog is just about to hit the $800,000 with about about 34 hours to go. 

If you were holding off waiting to see if this project could make its goal….NOW is the time to help us push it across the finish line. 

Thank you on behalf of us that really believe in this project.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

They’ve got 24 hours to make 175k.

This is going to be so damn close.

(Also, in the utmost ironic fashion - the Supreme Court just deemed the Defense of Marriage Act unconstitutional today)

Total Posts: 1785

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

thejobloshow - 26 June 2013 10:11 AM

They’ve got 24 hours to make 175k.

This is going to be so damn close.

Err, I make it $72,599

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Well that eased my mind. I forgot they’re asking for 900k, not one million.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

$830,088 pledged of $900,000 goal
25 hours to go

Comeon Comeon

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Glad to see this pulling ahead in the end. I had a feeling it would. The average pledge was only like $45 a few days ago, which means there’s lots of room to stretch. I’ve seen more heroic comebacks than this on KS.

They still have a lot to raise in 24 hours, but if they don’t make it at this point it would be almost unprecedented for a campaign of this size.

Still, give now if you haven’t.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

Also, today’s Supreme Court ruling makes quibbling about what one artist thinks on the issue really seem trivial doesn’t? It’s nice to think that in the near future we’ll be living in a world with both equal marriage rights and an awesome new Neverhoody adventure game.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

$865,832

pledged of $900,000 goal

hours to go

Looks like this one is going to sqeak over the line.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 122

Joined 2013-04-26

PM

Frogacuda - 26 June 2013 12:13 PM

Also, today’s Supreme Court ruling makes quibbling about what one artist thinks on the issue really seem trivial doesn’t? It’s nice to think that in the near future we’ll be living in a world with both equal marriage rights and an awesome new Neverhoody adventure game.

I don’t know if the world will have equal marriage in the near future as the below map shows some countries where that’s probably not going to happen anytime soon. Surprisingly North Korea is not one of these anti-gay countries. The NK government takes a secular and rather liberal stance on sexuality and there are no laws in North Korea forbidding gay marriage.

I am glad to see the Armikrog kickstarter succeeding, and I hope that whatever Doug TenNapel’s beliefs are that he is not afraid to express them through the game. Some people have said that the Neverhood is like a biblical creation myth, and I think this is a good thing. The Neverhood, Earthworm Jim, and TenNapel’s other projects seem filled with a kind of spiritual goodness, and playing his games makes me consider becoming a Christian again. Obviously God has blessed Doug TenNapel with artistic talent and put him in a position to reach people, I hope that he makes the most of it.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Lucien21 - 26 June 2013 04:57 PM

$865,832

pledged of $900,000 goal

hours to go

Looks like this one is going to sqeak over the line.

For sure!  $870,000 with 18 hours left.  Yipee!

Anyone who would like to help push Armikrog over the finish…..now is your time to do so.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

$885,148 pledged of $900,000 goal
18 hours to go

Less than 15,000 needed

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Less than 10,000 now!
I love watching these last minute kickstarter surges.
Give me my Wii-U version!!!! Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I’m starting to feel like partying like I did when my Lakers won the championship!

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-07

PM

I can’t believe this is happening. It’s a really big deal for gaming. Good for developers, good for players.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top