• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

BeckyLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Armikrog - The Neverhood developers making a new game

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

jaap - 24 June 2013 04:46 PM

ok (moderators?),
is there anyway this thread can be about the game and its kickstarter campaign, and not about anything else.

Yes. I just finished telling people it was time to stop with the vitriolic rhetoric and get back to discussing the actual game (or at least an “I am or am not supporting because…” type response). But there are always some who either can’t read or can’t be bothered to comply. 

I’ll make this a final warning to get back to discussing the merits of the game from here on out. If gay rights is an issue for your own conscience in supporting the game or not, fair enough. But neither Doug’s view, your views, or my views on the topic are the issues up for debate here.

I really don’t like locking threads, but this one is coming close, and probably will be if it keeps being derailed.

Bonsai - 24 June 2013 02:45 PM

Are you financially supporting this game and, if so, are you willing to raise your pledge so this game can be made?

I don’t know if this was addressed to me, coming after a quote of mine.  But yes, as I’ve noted a couple times (elsewhere if not in this thread), I supported the game very early on and eagerly await a new Doug TenNapel claymation adventure.

I’ve never raised a pledge, however, and don’t figure I ever will. My contributions are either enough in the end or they aren’t.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jackal - 24 June 2013 05:16 PM

I don’t know if this was addressed to me, coming after a quote of mine.

Nope…..just using your quote to get the thread back on the game and Kickstarter.

Total Posts: 43

Joined 2009-12-24

PM

Just saw in the KS page,

They have a 7k limit on the $20 backer pledge.

I know what they were trying to do…..but I can only imagine how many people were turned off when they see that, and that they could be punished for finding the KS later by having to pay $5 extra, and thus probably did not want to donate. (last time i checked, there was 1 left. even that is a turn off.)

Terrible move in my opinion, not saying it’s omission could have saved this (now probably doomed) campaign, but its just dumb in my opinion when your priority is raising funds.

You dont restrict the entry level. (If you are happy giving 7 thousand people the game for $20, you should be happy giving EVERYONE the game for that price).

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I’m not really sure how I feel about those early bird offers but lots of kickstarters use them. I’m not sure which way it sways: are those 7k people more eager to pledge because they can save 5$ or are the others less eager because they “have to” pay 5$ more.

I doubt it has such a big negative impact, especially when the difference is so small.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Everybody is a Monday morning quarterback and everyone’s a Marketing expert.  The entry level for this game is $25.00, not $20.00….that is an earlybird special.  They have raised approx. $700,000 and only $140,000 of that is earlybird.  Seriously doubt that if there was no limit on the earlybird they would have raised another $140,000 with an additional 7k of backers…...considering there only at 14,000 total backers currently.  It was not dumb, nor was it stupid.  It was calculated and they knew what they were doing.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Idrisguitar - 24 June 2013 07:47 PM

Terrible move in my opinion, not saying it’s omission could have saved this (now probably doomed) campaign, but its just dumb in my opinion when your priority is raising funds.

The early bird entry level is a pretty good idea, showing that they know what they are doing.
And we’ve got 60 hours to raise a good 20% of the budget. In Kickstarter campaigns that still means you’ll make it. Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-07

PM

Bonsai - 24 June 2013 02:45 PM

Are you financially supporting this game and, if so, are you willing to raise your pledge so this game can be made?

I have doubled mine pledge and I ask all that have contributed to do the same.

Bonsai, thanks for the increase and to all of the others here who are donating. We need your help, love your help, and don’t take it for granted. Mike and Ed and I are, of course, exhausted! The end of a Kickstarter campaign is nuts and we’re still doing wall to wall media coverage from every blog and vlogger who will hear us out! So you’ve done your work in pledging and we’re doing our work too. Just two more days!

To adventure gaming lovers who haven’t come in yet, this is a great time to make a saving throw!

Total Posts: 2

Joined 2006-09-12

PM

The Armikrog project is struggling to raise enough moneyand there is only two days left for the Kickstarter campaign.
I’ve backed the game, and I really want to have the opportunity to play it.

If you, too, want this project to happen, please become a backer!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949537745/armikrog/

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Final push started, the last day there was an huge increase.
it’s going to be close.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Oh, we know all too well.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

wilco - 25 June 2013 09:45 AM

it’s going to be close.

No, it won’t.
My guess is they’ll reach 945K.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

yay, I’m really happy with the last results.

Total Posts: 13

Joined 2013-06-07

PM

TimovieMan - 25 June 2013 12:48 PM
wilco - 25 June 2013 09:45 AM

it’s going to be close.

No, it won’t.
My guess is they’ll reach 945K.

I like the way you think!

It’s nearly impossible to predict the results of Kickstarter only because one can never know how many donors there will be and how much each person freely chooses to give. But one thing I do see is that four days ago there a lot of comments around the net saying, “Too bad they’re not going to make it.” then yesterday we got a lot more, “It’s going to be close.” and today it’s “This looks doable.” I don’t see anyone saying we’re not going to make it today.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TenNapel - 25 June 2013 02:45 PM

I like the way you think!

It’s nearly impossible to predict the results of Kickstarter only because one can never know how many donors there will be and how much each person freely chooses to give. But one thing I do see is that four days ago there a lot of comments around the net saying, “Too bad they’re not going to make it.” then yesterday we got a lot more, “It’s going to be close.” and today it’s “This looks doable.” I don’t see anyone saying we’re not going to make it today.

Kickstarter campaigns have a way of getting funded if they reach 60% before the final push.
I never doubted the success of this campaign.

Total Posts: 247

Joined 2012-05-21

PM

I’m hoping that, even if they fall a little bit short of the stretch goal, they will still try to make the WiiU version happen. I don’t actually have a WiiU, so it won’t effect me, but I liked what I saw about how they would implement it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top