• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

Put my vote in for Thimbleweed Park. I’ve been wanting to replay it and see all the updated features. Talking about it with all of you would be a fantastic added bonus.

Smile

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

I’ll put in a vote for Thimbleweed Park too.  I barely even started it before being distracted by other things.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Here’s the latest update.  Remember that voting will end on Aug. 16.

Shivers (6)  Intense Degree (leader), Doom, rtrooney, CelesteGB, Lady Kestrel, Sir Beardalot
Thimbleweed Park (4) Mikekelly (leader), Dumbeur, PlanetX, Detective Mosely
Lighthouse (2)  rtrooney (leader), Doom
Shardlight (2) Mikekelly (leader), Dumbeur
Broken Sword (2) Intense Degree (leader), Dumbeur
Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist (1) rtrooney
Gooka: The Mystery of Janatris (1) cyfoyjvx
Catyph (1) Sir Beardalot

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Don’t know what your weather has been on the East Coast, but if you lived here in the mid-west, you would be trading in those flowers for burnt grass.  Grin

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

rtrooney - 02 August 2018 06:37 PM

Don’t know what your weather has been on the East Coast, but if you lived here in the mid-west, you would be trading in those flowers for burnt grass.  Grin

Haha, here in the southeast it’s been raining for the past 4 days and in the upper 70’s sooo much better than a week ago when it was in the upper 90’s with heat index of 100+

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

rtrooney - 02 August 2018 06:37 PM

Same here in Northern California. We are trading one fire for another.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

SoccerDude - 03 August 2018 11:19 PM

Same here in Northern California. We are trading one fire for another.

I sympathize. Many, many years ago I worked in SF and lived in Kenwood. While I never experienced it, many friends who still live in the are have gone through multiple fires. And they seem to be getting worse. I think I read that three of the worst fire seasons in CA history have occourred in the last five years.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Nobody answered my question re: the three-day rule. So I’m guessing it does not apply for the AGCPT process. Just asking because it’s been six days since the last vote.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Probably not gonna see much action in the next 10 days. Maybe the deadline should be cut back?

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 5837

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

rtrooney - 06 August 2018 08:54 PM

Nobody answered my question re: the three-day rule. So I’m guessing it does not apply for the AGCPT process. Just asking because it’s been six days since the last vote.

Sir Beardalot - 06 August 2018 10:28 PM

Probably not gonna see much action in the next 10 days. Maybe the deadline should be cut back?

As far as I can remember the ‘three-day rule’ has never applied to the CPT voting process.

The voting is due to end on August 16th & personally I think that date should stand.
3 weeks allows plenty of time for any would-be participants being on vacation (especially at this time of year), with work commitments or otherwise etc to nominate a game and/or cast a vote for one.

Although it can go ‘quiet’ for a while there’s often a flurry of activity towards the end of voting.  Smile

I haven’t voted (yet) but will probably join in with whatever game wins anyway.  Smile

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

I missed seeing your question, Tim, but I think we should stick to the original timetable. 
Here’s the current status of the voting:
Shivers (6)  Intense Degree (leader), Doom, rtrooney, CelesteGB, Lady Kestrel, Sir Beardalot
Catyph (1) Sir Beardalot

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Lady Kestrel - 07 August 2018 03:47 PM

I missed seeing your question, Tim, but I think we should stick to the original timetable.

rtrooney - 28 July 2018 02:10 PM

Re: the “rules.” I know that the CCPT voting/nomination process had a rule that if we went three consecutive days without any activity the vote was over. Don’t remember whether the AGCPT ever adopted something similar. Edit: The last two playthroughs I participated in were Al Emmo and Sinking Island and neither of those needed to invoke the three-day clause.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I want to nominate unavowed - would be fun to play in a group. I can lead.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

I’ll second that nomination.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Here’s the latest update.  You have until next Thursday, Aug. 16 to nominate a game or to vote for your favorites already nominated.

Unavowed (2)  MikeKelly (leader), Dumbeur
Catyph (1) Sir Beardalot

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top