• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

[Archived] Time for a new community playthrough?

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Unavowed is many things, but the latest Flame Game is not one of them. It is the latest masterpiece from Wadjet games. I just started it, and I just love it.

Any game that gets a solid 5 star rating I want to play, to see why it got the reviews it did.

The current AGCPT is for any adventure game. If you feel the game must be 20years or older to be played,  consider starting a CAGCPT (Classic Adventure Game Community Play Through) with only older classics being eligible to be played. I am sure you can find a moderator to go along with that.

As for this playthrough, I like a close vote, hate to see a game runaway with it. This vote is going to be interesting and will result in a great CPT.

I would love a playthought with David helping out - it would be pure heaven.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 5051

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

Mikekelly - 13 August 2018 09:15 PM

If you feel the game must be 20years or older to be played,  consider starting a CAGCPT (Classic Adventure Game Community Play Through) with only older classics being eligible to be played. I am sure you can find a moderator to go along with that.

Conversely, perhaps you might start a thread titled AGPTOGTAOTWO. Dissected as Adventure Game Play Thoughs of Games That are Only Three Weeks Old.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

I do hope that Shivers wins, fingers crossed!!! But I also agree that the AGCPT should be open to all adventure games new and old. We love to reminisce and talk about the old games, but it would also be fun to experience new games for the first time in an AGCPT, it would be exciting to get to share that new experience with others! (My family and friends don’t play adventure games so I tend to only play them alone.) Regardless, it should all be in fun Smile

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

what and why the fuss? because it is a new up-to-date AG? what this has to do with the voting? the voting will go on fair and square, you seem to talk as Dave honorary contribution has shaken the ground, there is no single vote have changed since then.

and above all theres nothing wrong with voting for new Ags, we voted for Paradigm at a similar case when it was only a couple weeks since it was released, and it was chosen with no problems, so there is nothing new here to make us think that this is something against the CPT votings rules.

but unless the tradition of this CPT voting thread of having conflicts was about be avoided and forgotten this time and in this case its understandable Laughing because since when these votings had gone without these kinda conflicts.

Total Posts: 1353

Joined 2017-09-18

PM

rtrooney - 13 August 2018 08:53 PM

I’m not sure if I see a pattern developing. But if it is, I’m not sure I like it. My thinking was that the AGCPT tended to veer towards playing of classic games that we all wanted to replay, but didn’t want to do so alone. Now it appears that AGCPT is skewing to games that were released last Wednesday.

It will be what it will be. But, if the current trend holds I doubt I will be participating in another playthrough.

There are months, if not years to decide whether the current “flame game” is even worth replaying, let alone being up for consideration as an AGCPT candidate.

Of course I would like to play Shivers. It’s been a strong candidate for quite some time. It’s due to win just like Al Emmo was due in its time.

If it’s Gilbert that’s the main draw for a game that is a love/hate relationship on the game’s thread, I’ll try to help ID, and see if I can find Willie Eide, who was the developer of the puzzle graphics.

Shivers isn’t remotely a classic in any sense of the word. It was a third-rate Myst/7th Guest clone made at a time when Sierra was desperately behind the times in the adventure gaming world.

And the 3.5 star review on this very site says it’s not worth replaying.

So I think you may have rose-tinted glasses in this case.

Total Posts: 417

Joined 2018-03-07

PM

This convo seems to be getting a bit too heated and I’m not entirely sure why. The votes can simply speak for themselves and there’s really no need for anyone to come down on anyone else’s nomination.

I’ll 6th Unavowed. I want to do a second run through the game and a community play-through would be a great way to do it.

Total Posts: 5599

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

You have until midnight (GMT) on Thursday to make your wishes known for this playthrough.  In the meantime, please refrain from sniping at each other and criticizing the choices that don’t match your own.

Shivers (7)  Intense Degree (leader), Doom, rtrooney, CelesteGB, Lady Kestrel, Sir Beardalot, Raedwulf
Unavowed (6)  MikeKelly (leader), Dumbeur, Advie, Detective Mosley, cyfoyjvx, PlanetX
Thimbleweed Park (4) Mikekelly (leader), Dumbeur, PlanetX, Detective Mosely
Lighthouse (2)  rtrooney (leader), Doom
Shardlight (2) Mikekelly (leader), Dumbeur
Broken Sword (2) Intense Degree (leader), Dumbeur
Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist (1) rtrooney
Gooka: The Mystery of Janatris (1) cyfoyjvx
Catyph (1) Sir Beardalot

By the way, I voted for Shivers because I like first person games and puzzles.  I haven’t played it before, but I understand it’ll run in ScummVM on my iMac.  For some of the other games I would have to upgrade my OS, which right now isn’t an option.

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 655

Joined 2017-04-14

PM

PlanetX - 14 August 2018 04:55 AM

This convo seems to be getting a bit too heated and I’m not entirely sure why.

Because we are all giant children who take games far too seriously and it’s tradition! Tongue

I agree it’s all a bit silly, though.

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

dumbeur - 14 August 2018 11:34 AM
PlanetX - 14 August 2018 04:55 AM

This convo seems to be getting a bit too heated and I’m not entirely sure why.

Because we are all giant children who take games far too seriously and it’s tradition! Tongue

I agree it’s all a bit silly, though.

i do take playing* very seriously, nothing wrong with that for me.

*adventure games

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Lady Kestrel does like to ruin our fun, doesn’t she?  Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Oscar - 14 August 2018 01:19 PM

She’s a mod. It’s part of the job description.  Innocent

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

TimovieMan - 14 August 2018 02:31 PM
Oscar - 14 August 2018 01:19 PM

well, i am afraid to tell that this point has been changed while your away. Tongue

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 14 August 2018 02:31 PM

Along with spam bashing.  Spam  Pan Smile

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

+1 for Unavowed.

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Shivers (7)  Intense Degree (leader), Doom, rtrooney, CelesteGB, Lady Kestrel, Sir Beardalot, Raedwulf
Unavowed (7)  MikeKelly (leader), Dumbeur, Advie, Detective Mosley, cyfoyjvx, PlanetX, SoccerDude
Thimbleweed Park (4) Mikekelly (leader), Dumbeur, PlanetX, Detective Mosely
Lighthouse (2)  rtrooney (leader), Doom
Shardlight (2) Mikekelly (leader), Dumbeur
Broken Sword (2) Intense Degree (leader), Dumbeur
Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist (1) rtrooney
Gooka: The Mystery of Janatris (1) cyfoyjvx
Catyph (1) Sir Beardalot

We now have a tie between Shivers and Unavowed.  If it isn’t broken by tomorrow night, we will have another week of voting to see if we can break the tie.  Stay tuned! Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top